Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 03:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonderful Things that need Mention  (Read 339 times)
DyingLove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 09, 2015, 12:39:55 PM »

I just thought of this 5 minutes ago when my Son delivered me a BBQ Chicken and Pulled Pork lunch Unexpectedly.

What wonderful things are people doing for/to you because they know how bad you are suffering during your B/U.

I've had people donate $$$ to get me out of my bad situation. I've had people write me emails and messages that obviously took them plenty of time and effort (multiple times too). I've had one of my oldest best friends from NY come to FL. to rescue me. My son and his wife have taken me in and gave me a roof over my head as well as everything else that they could.

This part kills me:  Those that have given $$$, I've vowed to repay and offer to do what I can for them... .they all tell me "it was a gift and I don't want it back".  It won't stop me from trying to repay them somehow, but I will help others as I can in their name.  This chokes me up, because some of them I didn't know futher than forum on the computer.  God Bless Them All.

This part HAS killed me:  When I was with the ex, and she wouldn't take me anywhere and told me to take the bus. I went out walking yesterday, I walked maybe a mile all together.  In the evening I was invited to my sons house and I dipped in the pool a bit... .was so cold to me! After all that, I was crippled all night!

Just a little history:  Back around 2008 or so, I slipped down the stairs in front of my house on black ice. My right leg went down the stairs and my left leg remained on the porch. In essence I did a tremendous split!  This happened two more times that winter.  The pain in all instances was excruciating. So over the years my left leg has been a source of severe pain. More so when I went to florida due to stress and lack of activity.  So that is why I said about the ex telling me to take the bus.  Incredible the lack of compassion between her and her family.  These stories could peel paint off a barn door!
Irish Pride

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:24:39 PM »

I just thought of this 5 minutes ago when my Son delivered me a BBQ Chicken and Pulled Pork lunch Unexpectedly.

What wonderful things are people doing for/to you because they know how bad you are suffering during your B/U.

I've had people donate $$$ to get me out of my bad situation. I've had people write me emails and messages that obviously took them plenty of time and effort (multiple times too). I've had one of my oldest best friends from NY come to FL. to rescue me. My son and his wife have taken me in and gave me a roof over my head as well as everything else that they could.

This part kills me:  Those that have given $$$, I've vowed to repay and offer to do what I can for them... .they all tell me "it was a gift and I don't want it back".  It won't stop me from trying to repay them somehow, but I will help others as I can in their name.  This chokes me up, because some of them I didn't know futher than forum on the computer.  God Bless Them All.

This part HAS killed me:  When I was with the ex, and she wouldn't take me anywhere and told me to take the bus. I went out walking yesterday, I walked maybe a mile all together.  In the evening I was invited to my sons house and I dipped in the pool a bit... .was so cold to me! After all that, I was crippled all night!

Just a little history:  Back around 2008 or so, I slipped down the stairs in front of my house on black ice. My right leg went down the stairs and my left leg remained on the porch. In essence I did a tremendous split!  This happened two more times that winter.  The pain in all instances was excruciating. So over the years my left leg has been a source of severe pain. More so when I went to florida due to stress and lack of activity.  So that is why I said about the ex telling me to take the bus.  Incredible the lack of compassion between her and her family.  These stories could peel paint off a barn door!

There's two sides to this. The first, being that we were treated so horribly, as far as anything compassionate, or nurturing.

We BPDx came down with an acute case of appendicitis. It actually perforated while she was in the hospital. I didn't leave her side the entire time she was there. The nurses couldn't believe a boyfriend would do what I do. They thought I was her husband. One night, she even had an accident. A pretty major one. She was on some pretty potent painkillers, so I got her out of bed, got her into the shower and cleaned her. Dried her off and dressed her. Then, I took the linen off the bed, called the nurse and put fresh sheets on the bed. Got her into bed, waited for her to doze off and then I cleaned the bathroom and her undies. That's how I rolled.

Only a few months before this, I came down with what can only be described as some sort of bronchial infection. I was coughing CONSTANTLY and it really started to hurt everytime I did. Like shattered glass in my lungs. Did she bad an eye about it? Nope. In fact, my constant coughing seemed to annoy her. And this was around Christmas.

The flip side to this is that I now appreciate, more than ever, the sweet, little gestures that people do for me. Sounds like you do, too. As long as we can take some good from what we've gone through, it makes it hurt just that much less Smiling (click to insert in post)
DyingLove

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »

There's two sides to this. The first, being that we were treated so horribly, as far as anything compassionate, or nurturing.

We BPDx came down with an acute case of appendicitis. It actually perforated while she was in the hospital. I didn't leave her side the entire time she was there. The nurses couldn't believe a boyfriend would do what I do. They thought I was her husband. One night, she even had an accident. A pretty major one. She was on some pretty potent painkillers, so I got her out of bed, got her into the shower and cleaned her. Dried her off and dressed her. Then, I took the linen off the bed, called the nurse and put fresh sheets on the bed. Got her into bed, waited for her to doze off and then I cleaned the bathroom and her undies. That's how I rolled.

Only a few months before this, I came down with what can only be described as some sort of bronchial infection. I was coughing CONSTANTLY and it really started to hurt everytime I did. Like shattered glass in my lungs. Did she bad an eye about it? Nope. In fact, my constant coughing seemed to annoy her. And this was around Christmas.

The flip side to this is that I now appreciate, more than ever, the sweet, little gestures that people do for me. Sounds like you do, too. As long as we can take some good from what we've gone through, it makes it hurt just that much less Smiling (click to insert in post)

I wanted to say that I am impressed with your actions Irish Pride, but instead I want to say that given you and your ways, it doesn't surprise me that you did such a thing.  Oh geez... .I'm gonna say it anyway.  That was FANTASTIC what you did!  And your story touched me like you can't imagine.  My ex had an accident on two instances. Just dreams that were (to put it nicely) "not dry".  I did the same, cleaned up, not one micro-ounce of ridicule or anything that would make someone feel shameful.  Just did what needed be done and back to bed for us.  Would be nice to know that one day she looked back on that and said:  What a man!   Maybe my replacement will give her the hard facts on how people care or don't care.  I'd rather see God perform a miracle on her and fix her and ship her back to me.  I'll pay the postage.
ShakinMyHead

Relationship status: single & dating

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 02:06:12 PM »

I observe the cats on my bed, treating each other, with more kindness, respect, patience and reciprocal understanding,    w/ intention, or primitively, then the warped distortions, in a Cluster B partner. When you are on the receiving end of a healthy interaction, with a healthy person, someone that answers a direct question, that responds to your needs, doesn't feed off of them, maintains eye contact, appreciates your humanness, you realize that all these special gifts you've been begging for, dancing for, explaining and bargaining for, and made to feel unworthy of, on the contrary, we are not truly. suppose to be able, to live without, are simple, basic, human responses. Which are suppose to be included in the CNS. These N's, truly are reptilian, but look like humans. If "Understanding" is a basic, we can forget about it. It's a mental disorder, because possibly they really do have something, that more closely resembles, a reptilian brain. Which is why it's so important for us to maintain connections with healthy human beings. Which is also why they need to isolate us. Hugs, SMH
Irish Pride

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:33:17 PM »

I wanted to say that I am impressed with your actions Irish Pride, but instead I want to say that given you and your ways, it doesn't surprise me that you did such a thing.  Oh geez... .I'm gonna say it anyway.  That was FANTASTIC what you did!  And your story touched me like you can't imagine.  My ex had an accident on two instances. Just dreams that were (to put it nicely) "not dry".  I did the same, cleaned up, not one micro-ounce of ridicule or anything that would make someone feel shameful.  Just did what needed be done and back to bed for us.  Would be nice to know that one day she looked back on that and said:  What a man!   Maybe my replacement will give her the hard facts on how people care or don't care.  I'd rather see God perform a miracle on her and fix her and ship her back to me.  I'll pay the postage.

Thank you. I appreciate it and am glad it touched you. Major kudos to you, yourself! Bravo!

I agree that I hope a miracle is performed on her and fix her. I truly hope, and prey, for her happiness. But, it won't ever be with me. I hope she finds a good, kind, sympathetic soul, much like I was and lives the rest of her life in bliss. But, it won't be with me. The cord is cut. I will find someone who truly loves me, will reciprocate my love and affection, and if I never find that woman, so be it. But the story of her and I is officially over. The last page has been turned.  Smiling (click to insert in post)
Irish Pride

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »

I observe the cats on my bed, treating each other, with more kindness, respect, patience and reciprocal understanding,    w/ intention, or primitively, then the warped distortions, in a Cluster B partner. When you are on the receiving end of a healthy interaction, with a healthy person, someone that answers a direct question, that responds to your needs, doesn't feed off of them, maintains eye contact, appreciates your humanness, you realize that all these special gifts you've been begging for, dancing for, explaining and bargaining for, and made to feel unworthy of, on the contrary, we are not truly. suppose to be able, to live without, are simple, basic, human responses. Which are suppose to be included in the CNS. These N's, truly are reptilian, but look like humans. If "Understanding" is a basic, we can forget about it. It's a mental disorder, because possibly they really do have something, that more closely resembles, a reptilian brain. Which is why it's so important for us to maintain connections with healthy human beings. Which is also why they need to isolate us. Hugs, SMH

Very well said!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest