Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 01:21:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's not me... It's her I've realised...  (Read 422 times)
bpdguy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: May 15, 2015, 08:08:25 AM »

OK I joined this forum a while ago, on my self diagnosis of being BPD. This refers to a very intense BPD fling I had in october and november while I was traveling. Was very intense. The reason I left cause she kissed a male friend in front of me and thought it normal.  Maybe I exhibit some codependent/BPD traits but Ive come to the conclusion- it wasnt me, it was her. Thank god I maintained that she wasn't my GF. I would have been screwed for life!

She is clearly a BPD waif. Im actually grateful it was only a few weeks and that she did kiss that dude... .I could have been stuck there for a while. I never mentioned this kiss was the reason. Some of her traits:

She always needs a guy/relationship

Mood swings

Cant sleep alone or in own room

Childlike sweetness

Very shy

Terrible Emptiness

Words dont match actions

Has horrible boundaries- thinks its OK to be in touch with guys shes slept with, kiss random guys while in a relationship.

Fears abandonment

Appears fragile/needy/very sweet

Fast intense relationships which are effectively superficial

People pleasing tendencies

Cant see own shortcomings- cries when she does wrong cant handle it like an adult

Keeps in touch with all exes

Lie after Lie after Lie

Hardly any female friends

Controlled but terrible jealousy (especially of her sister)

Lines up guys before ending relationship

Appears to do no wrong

Uses sex to entrap

All relationships begin as sex first

Seems like any guy will do, doesnt matter who

Very promiscuous

We parted amicably and kept in contact and she flew over in december. I will say my biggest sin was this... .I was no longer interested but only met up with her cause I wanted sex. Though it was a good weekend. She wanted to talk about us... .but it was clear to me she thought sleeping with /kissing anyone was still appropriate as well as keeping in touch with her ex BFs- if there was a relationship.

The hard part is she dragged me back in... .kept saying random things after we parted/seeking validation. Yes I accept this is also my fault for not discussing anything. The relationship actually does not bother me one bit... .it was the sex while we were still talking etc. Once she was ready to let go... .she dropped the bomb that she'd been seeing this dude for 2 months and it was now a relationship. As I say im kinda of relieved at this time- if she hadnt said this then god knows what I would have been like. Im also relieved that

Im still suffering while she is doing fine, moved on to another guy. I somewhat pity her guy, he's made her his FB photo. The funny part is Ive learned she seemed to know everything about me... .everything when we skyped 14 days ago seeking answers- she seemed to believe her own lies and was seeking validation/triangulation (Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) she wanted me to say I want her back) and every time I mentioned my fake girlfriend her face dropped.

Ive cut contact as I say... .deleted her off FB, doing affirmations, TRE exercises, practicing forgiveness and actually gratefulness has been the biggest key etc.  She monitored everything and kept me around for validation until she was sure it could work with the next guy. With her traits it wont I know. Soon on to the next guy and then the next, its been the story of her life- she doesnt see what she is doing wrong, always will justify everything to herself.

The thing is I just never saw it coming at all. I played this completely and utterly wrong I know this. Was too nice, didnt see it coming at all, cared what she thought. Im not experienced in relationships. My anger has now subsided somewhat I will say. Nor do I want revenge. Yes it has left me scarred I believe- really used to love women, but sort of been put off them. Im scared of pain Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

Anyway how do I speed up the recovery further? Can somebody point me in the right direction? Any views appreciated on this also?

Im grateful in someways that I only invested a few weeks/months and limited finances. I also got something out of it... .which she could have got alot easier at the time- sex. Its true that BPD waifs seem to strike when your on a low on that trip Id hit a low. I actually am grateful Im out.  

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest