Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 03:53:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working at same company with exBPDgf after breakup--triggers her  (Read 547 times)
sixthsense
formerly Madison19

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 20, 2015, 07:08:42 PM »

Hi All,

I walked away from the relationship with my ex BPDgf 10 months ago, but we still work for the same company albeit in different departments. At first, I didn't think it would matter, but I'm realizing that it does.

We haven't spoken verbally in 10 months, but we've exchanged a few work-related emails. We were in the same meeting recently and she didn't acknowledge or look at me. I remained professional. We've been at some work functions together and I catch her looking at me and when our paths cross, she looks the other way.  And now she does this thing where she adjusts her clothing (sweaters, short jackets, blouses) whenever she sees me. She does have body image issues, but I always told her that her body was beautiful.

I walked away after over a year because of the silence and moods. But it seems she has withdrawn quite a bit more (she was always low key at work) since the breakup. Recently, I was on her floor for a meeting and suspect she heard my voice as I headed to my meeting because five minutes later, as I sat in my meeting, she walked by leaving for the day. The odd thing is her office is close to her normal exit path, but she made it a point to walk an extra 150ft so we'd see each other. As I looked up and saw her, she predictably and quickly looked away and pulled at her short jacket. This was our first time seeing each other in a few weeks because of vacations and such.

I think she hates me although she continues to cyber stalk me on our work computers. Is it possible that she deliberately won't look at me because of guilt from cyber stalking and mirroring me albeit covertly?

Anyway, obviously me still being around is a struggle for her. I've started to look into changing jobs because I don't want to continue to be a trigger for her. It's easier for me to change jobs since she struggles with the interview process... .

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

sixthsense
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest