Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 05:47:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When I feel the pain  (Read 353 times)
WhatJustHappened?

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:53 AM »

There's a moment between going to bed and falling asleep where I feel the pain. Thinking of the moments we shared together, especially in my bed. It's definitely the hardest time for me and can keep me up for a bit. My mind races with all of the "what if's", "could have been", "should have been", etc.
enlighten me

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:24:37 AM »

I used to do this aswell. I ended up watching telly and setting the off timer. This worked for me. I also got rid of my bed. It was too triggering for me not knowing what she got up to in it while I was away.

WhatJustHappened?

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:31:30 AM »

Luckily, we had LDR so there was no chance to of any shenanigans happening in my bed. Good tip about the TV timer though... .
enlighten me

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »

Distraction was the key for me. That and wearing myself out. I dread to think the amount of family guy and American dad Ive watched as theyre on at the time I go to sleep. You also don't have to think when watching them.

I know its not meant to be good for you going to sleep with the tv on but better that than no sleep.

SGraham

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »

For me thar moment is when i first wake up. It is as if the reality of my existence rushes back to me in one second.
enlighten me

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:39:08 PM »

I also used to think of my ex as soon as I woke up. One morning though I was half way through making coffee before I realised I hadn't even thought of her. After that it got better and better.

Darsha500

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 01:21:08 PM »

When my first thought upon waking up is longer my ex I will know I have made great progress. One day at a time.
SGraham

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:33:32 PM »

When my first thought upon waking up is longer my ex I will know I have made great progress. One day at a time.

For sure. Additionally, i think my milestones will be met when i can listen to the music we listened to together without getting triggered. I don't like them that much but my ex always put on Fall out boy so now when they come on pandora i have a mini panic attack.
WhatJustHappened?

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »

Ain't that the truth. Music is a big trigger for me. I used to send my ex songs that I thought expressed my feelings for her. I can't listen to any of them now.

A few weeks ago, I was driving and listening to music on my phone. My ex sent me an audio recording a while back which started playing. I almost jumped through the windshield!
enlighten me

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

I also was triggered by music. I had a little trick that worked for me. I found other songs by the band that had a meaning I could relate to. I also re evaluated the meaning of other songs. It helped a little and now I don't find any of the songs my ex liked painful.

For example Drops of Jupiter by train is one of my exs favourites. I saw it as a love song about someone special. Now I see it as someone looking at an exs behaviour as not quite right.

SGraham

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 03:42:50 PM »

I also was triggered by music. I had a little trick that worked for me. I found other songs by the band that had a meaning I could relate to. I also re evaluated the meaning of other songs. It helped a little and now I don't find any of the songs my ex liked painful.

For example Drops of Jupiter by train is one of my exs favourites. I saw it as a love song about someone special. Now I see it as someone looking at an exs behaviour as not quite right.

Haha no way! I was really into" soul sister" when i met my ex.
dupchek4me

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »

The pain happens with me, morning and night time.   After 30 years, its hard to ignore memories.   I rarely listen to music because it will trigger depression and bad thoughts.   I drift back into the FOG here and there.   I don't watch certain shows that we used to watch together.   Stay away from our favorite restaurants.   Its very sad.   I suffer tremendously at times.   Its a struggle day in and day out after building a life time of memories.   Make a list of positives in your life and try to concentrate on that.   Stay busy.   Rely on friends.   Get out and enjoy life to blow away the FOG.

Herodias

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »

I can't wait to wake up and not think about him or go to bed thinking about him for that matter! Songs are a problem for me too. Especially if they are played in a store or something when I can't turn them off! His favorites were all about affairs and cheating- imagine that. In the beginning it was songs by 3 doors down, the words were; I'm just trying to be somebody, I'm not trying to be somebody else. Another one was " "behind those eyes you lie"- should have told me something, huh... .later the song apologize- "It's too late to apologize"- yep... .then that newer one about "when you call me baby, I know I'm not the only one" ... .All meaningful now that I know about his lies.
helpmewithbpd

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 10:09:06 PM »

All these I can relate to,  i now can get past the first 10 or so minutes after waking up with out thinking of her but the moment I'm in the shower it runs through my head it can be anything and everything iI think about,  it completely does my head in and on weekends iIkeep myself busy but I still think about what she is up all weekend and school holidays,  today is a killer for me as i dreamt about her last night and her telling me how she's have sex with someone else and that's all it is,  which is the truth anyway she really is but dreaming about it and seeing her say it to me was really hard,  I understand we have bad days but this is a killer day and everything on here is ringing close to home today
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest