Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:25:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am gonna snap...  (Read 372 times)
Michelle27

« on: December 10, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

Just received an email from my ex's lawyer... .it's a settlement proposal.  It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I don't think I'll even respond apart from finding a lawyer willing to work with me.  Not looking for legal advice here (or I'd be posting on that board) so don't mind me venting.

He has been gone for 6 months.  No contact with me other than one email.  We have a child together. She is 11 years old. Not one penny of child support paid in that time.  Almost 4 months since he contacted our daughter (she tried to stay in contact but he changed his phone number and did not inform her or me of his new number.  We own a home together with a little bit of equity.  He wants me to pay him for the equity but NOT assume half of the marital debt.  He not only wants spousal support but that is in excess of child support so while I have our daughter full time, I am to pay him every month.  And of course, my pension (he has none) and equal parenting rights.  Oh and he states he will "try" not to use our daughter as a pawn... .questioning her about me, etc...   Try?
steve195915

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:25:54 PM »

Just received an email from my ex's lawyer... .it's a settlement proposal.  It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and I don't think I'll even respond apart from finding a lawyer willing to work with me.  Not looking for legal advice here (or I'd be posting on that board) so don't mind me venting.

He has been gone for 6 months.  No contact with me other than one email.  We have a child together. She is 11 years old. Not one penny of child support paid in that time.  Almost 4 months since he contacted our daughter (she tried to stay in contact but he changed his phone number and did not inform her or me of his new number.  We own a home together with a little bit of equity.  He wants me to pay him for the equity but NOT assume half of the marital debt.  He not only wants spousal support but that is in excess of child support so while I have our daughter full time, I am to pay him every month.  And of course, my pension (he has none) and equal parenting rights.  Oh and he states he will "try" not to use our daughter as a pawn... .questioning her about me, etc...   Try?

Absolutely don't respond!  Get a lawyer ASAP!   Also try to keep your emotions in check, his lawyer may want to try to get you to respond in some way just to have something to use against you!
Michelle27

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »

Not going to respond to the lawyer yet for sure.  I'm a little calmer already.  His demands are ridiculous and I'm quite sure that the lawyer knows it... .but her job is to fight for her client so she's going to try.

The good news is that I put out feelers this morning for a lawyer and got a call back already. :-)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest