Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 01:49:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Words said by our BPD exes, looking in hindsight...  (Read 353 times)
kingpot

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 31, 2016, 02:02:07 AM »

At first, these words were sweet/interesting/romantic/sympathy-causing to hear. One big reason I stayed was to hear such things said to me. The younger me enjoyed interactions with unpreditable, on-the-edge people so I could explore the facets of humanity... .Looking in hindsight this inclination seems to be truly flawed!

Thinking back, many things she said was so BPD-ish. Ignorant of personality disorders, I thought they were meant to be playfully said and was generally amazed at her quirks and humor. I saw them as evidence that she was smarter and more interesting, which resulted in me not being able to let go for months after the discard (combined with her charming).

I'll write down some of the things she said to see if anyone can relate or throw in some more... .Smiling (click to insert in post)
1."I'm a fairy, you're my last human relationship."
2."I dream of having no male or female body parts. Then I can be invincible."
3."I'm a little piece of a soul inside a bottle. If you like me, put it into your pocket and take me with you."
4."We are not an ordinary couple. We are meant to hurt each other. Don't you ever think of abandoning me!"
5."Pain is pleasure. Just give me pain."
6."You are like coke when you're happy, and Sprite when you're sad."
7."I want people to pity me. I want to be that crying child in the corner, I want to be covered in bandages, it's so beautiful."
8."When I like someone it means that I'm happy when I'm with them. When I love someone it means that I'm not happy with them but I still want to be with them. I like him (the replacement) but I love you."
9."You're a little dog who sometimes bites me. He's like a little cat, he's so gentle, it's like I could never get in a fight with him."
10.":)o you have food to soothe me?"
11."The only reason I live for is revenge. To those who don't like me."
12."Why are you still so sweet to me? I'm not worth it. I'm in a trance. I can't believe it. It's like everything happens so fast."
13."(To something random) I suddenly like it."
14."I never liked sex. You coax me into it every time." (which isn't true; if anything she's almost hypersexual)
15.Her most common dating places: Parks (for photo-taking), shopping malls (for beauty products), amusement parks (for thrill-seeking), hospitals (for her constant health concerns... )
16."I'm playing with the replacement. But in a taking-it-serious kind of way. I don't want to do anything for him actually."
17."I don't mind being sexually harrassed as long as that person looks good."
18."They are all sabotaging me, only you're saving me."
19."I like the You before you met me. Not the You that I hurt and harmed."
20."I'm the biggest person I should say goodbye to."
21."I'm terrified of rain and thunder and crossing a road."
22."I wish you were my Dad. Then we could stay together forever."
23."The only thing I want you to do is to be the happiest you can be. I want to be together with you for always, will you let me?"
24."My body is ugly in every way. Nothing on me looks good."
25."I'm so shy!" she says this sweetly when meeting anyone but family & me
26."I keep your gifts around so I can think of you."
27."I like whoever is with me at the moment. I'm with you now so I like you. When I'm with him I like him."
28."We are so special, we are soulmates from another planet."
29."I get depressed from time to time, and I would eat. Like a robot, with no pleasure, I just cram the food down."
30."Goodbye, the boy of the stars. The boy who was once mine."
31."To tell you the truth even if he (the replacement) was as good to me as you are, I still feel empty and manic-depressive."
32."Maybe I don't actually like him, maybe it's because he ignores me."
33."I mean, he is NEW... .A NEW person says he likes me!"
34."I hope in the end we can still miss each other." (Well we finally did.)
35.She parroted many of the things I said (heartbroken words, understanding of true love, etc.) to the replacement / post on Facebook, sometimes without alteration.

These were only examples of everything she said, the rest faded into memory. I post this thread not to mock her, but to note down everything she said that parallels with BPD symptoms, and to remind myself that she probably does suffer from this and there's no point in another contact to the end of my life.

The first few months were very lonely. I was forced to view our relationship with God's eye, to stand outside of everything to examine her and myself. As I was noting down everything that used to excite/please/amaze me and lining them up with the DSM-5 BPD pathologies, I felt it was a betrayal to her love. I couldn't trust my feelings anymore and this was soul-crushing. Other people hardly made me feel anything, I was an addict who was trapped in a transparent cage unable to relate to anyone but her. The whole city felt empty.

For a long time I felt as if I was standing on the edge of a cliff holding a heavy pile of treasure in my arms. If I don't drop them, they would drag me down and lead to my demise. But how could I ever drop them, it was so good, no one had ever made me feel this way. But in the end I did drop everything. To let go of the bad means to also let go of the good.

Life's warmth returned little by little. Sure, sometimes I'm empty and bored and consumed by a chronic mild depression (just like how BPDs are) but I'm definitely at the happiest, healthiest point of the year.

Does your BPD SO/Ex say similar things? I think there must have been lots of light-bulb moments for everyone.
enlighten me

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:08 AM »

Its amazing looking back at how we perceived what was said.

I looked at your list and shivered. I even had the violins from the shower scene in psycho pop into my head. I can guarantee though that if my exgf had said similar i wouldnt have seen it the way i saw it when reading your list. This to me is one of the lessons i have learnt. I was so desperate to be in the relationship that all the red flags where ignored. Seeing what i wanted to see says more about my issues than theirs. Its something ive worked on and have finally found solace.

Stripey77

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:19 AM »

Oh my goodness me.She is pretty 'out there'! They make my ex look extremely normal. You poor thing.

Accept what is,
Let go of what was
and have faith in what will be.
kc sunshine

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:58:31 AM »

Wow, my ex said some similar things as well, including talking way too much to me about my replacement as it seems like yours did to you.

Some of the things were eerily similar-- she said that she wished that she could put me in her pocket and carry me everywhere with her.
She also would talk about her "dark side." Did yours talk at all about that?

DazedD40

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:19:03 AM »

Looking back now after just short of 6 weeks no contact I can now see that my ex was giving me clues and cruelly teasing me with the things she said. It's so easy now to see how's she was devaluing me.

She once said to me, I was playing a game with you but I never allowed you to read the rules, that way it was a game you could never win. I bloody tried though and that's what I walk away with, knowing I tried. I tried to love her but she wouldn't allow herself to feel that love.
Stripey77

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:19:02 PM »

Hi KC Sunshine,

Although I can't really relate to any of the things in the OP here, they are seriously strange, MY ex has alluded to a 'dark side' as well.  He told me last year, when we were in our honeymoon phase, that he had a dark side, which based on the evidence at the time, I couldn't believe. He said, oh yes, I have. Not in a gloating or happy way, but in an almost resigned way... .matter of fact.

He has since, during the madness that has been the last year of my life, told me (in writing) that his brain is injured, that maybe I could heal it, that everything about him, lots of things, are wrong with him. That he needs me to help him.  That was during our recycle. He then told me in person that he was 'joking' swiftly followed by that he can't explain it to himself, let alone to me.

He told me a couple of weeks before this (and not for the first time) that I should forget him and hate him, that he doesn't deserve me. When I pressed him and refused to accept that again, he said it was 'complicated' and he can't explain it.

After a 6 month ST and him recently coming back to me, he told me that there's a darkness in his brain which took over, and caused him to treat me the way he does, and that it's nothing I did. This is the most honest, kind and lucid thing he's ever said to me in all the months of emotional hell I've endured.

One of his social media accounts claims that he is bad to the bone, and hell bound... .which I took to be tongue in cheek in line with his heavy metal and gothic tendencies, but who knows?

I feel desperately sorry for both of us. He's currently ghosting me, completely, following an incident which resulted in him telling me he is evil and doesn't deserve anything from me.  I think he has been trying to tell me for a long time, and push me away to protect me as much as because of his own very evident self hatred, that there is something wrong with him. He just doesn't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure I do.

I only write this with reference to the 'dark side' comments. At no point were they said in a malicious or malevolent way, I think my ex is deeply wrong footed and in turmoil about what happens to him when the darkness takes over. I certainly don't think he's ok about it at all.

Accept what is,
Let go of what was
and have faith in what will be.
boatman

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »

1) "If I invite you to do things with me, you'll feel welcome in my life. If you feel welcome, you'll want to spend time with me."
2) "I don't understand why you think I don't like you. You feel really bad about yourself."
3) "Things don't always have to make sense you know."
4) "I like it when you're home alone while I'm out having fun."
5) "I don't understand why people get upset about mass shootings."

I could go on and on.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama
Larmoyant
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:44:23 PM »

My ex would often say things that confused me. This is part of one of our numerous text exchanges that left me perplexed. Now I know a little more about BPD I actually feel sorry for him as he seems confused and maybe a little panicked.

Him:  “You said you wanted to talk and phoned when I couldn’t talk. Said you’d call back in an hour, phoned and said I can’t talk. Then you ask me if I want to talk when you want to talk to me. Then you don’t want to talk. Another one of your stupid orchestrated days”.

Me: “I don’t understand? Do you want to talk? Shall I call now or maybe in the morning. You seem angry?”

Him: “Are you saying you have changed your mind about wanting to talk to me?”

Me: “No. I want to talk.”

Him: “Playing games again? Why is that?”

Me: “I’m actually feeling a little nauseous. Can we talk in the morning?”

Him:  “Bulls**t. You’re lying again. I’m sick of these games. Either phone now or don’t.”

Here are some others:

“If you don’t apologise within 10 minutes I’m finishing with you”.

“Are you finishing with me because I realised you lied to me again?”

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest