Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 02:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm mad  (Read 396 times)
FallBack!Monster
Formerly AudB73, Back2Me16

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 14, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »

Throughout the relationship I push and push and push for him to leave and when I finally stop pushing and give him a chance then he left.

Ceruleanblue

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:22 PM »

This is exactly how my BPD/NPDh operates. He always wants what he thinks he can't have, or he'll do the exact opposite of something I've nicely asked of him. If I ask him anything, it makes him feel "controlled", even though he basically controlled everything(I shouldn't have let him, but when all this first started, I had low boundaries).

It's almost like they do things in reverse, or that their thinking is basically backwards. BPDh never wanted what he had, but he'd chase after what he thought he didn't have control of. It's such a sad, dysfunctional way to live their life.

I guess just be happy he's gone? He's liable to not stay gone. That, or he'll quickly move on to his next target. My experience is that they hate being alone(as do a lot of people without PDs), and they seem to jump into something serious right away, instead of giving themselves time to see how things go, or heal from or learn from the last break up... .
FallBack!Monster
Formerly AudB73, Back2Me16

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »

He always wants what he thinks he can't have, or he'll do the exact opposite of something I've nicely asked of him. If I ask him anything, it makes him feel "controlled"  It's almost like they do things in reverse, or that their thinking is basically backwards. BPDh never wanted what he had but he'd chase after what he thought he didn't have control of. It's such a sad, dysfunctional way to live their life.
I think this is true because we meet at a party and I didn't like him. He's shoes was wrinkles like he wear it to much. Then he tell a friend he like me and chase me for about 3 month. He had on better shoes then, better cloths but needed a haircut. I pay for a haircut for him. Then after that he kept himself up a little better so I start to like him. He's a good cook and cooked for me a lot. I start to like him more then we made love and I fell in love.  He was good to me at the beginning then after he change but idk how to describe him change. It was easy for me to start to like him more and more but in the back of my mind I never seen a future with him it was the way he was acting. Like he had another woman or women that's how I was feeling. But doubted my intuitions.

Excerpt
I guess just be happy he's gone?

I'm not happy at all. My friend tel me it all will get better but when? It hurt me so much. is like one day he my man and the next day is like he don't know me. I see him one time. I think he takes a different way to travel around now because first time I use to see him everyday every wear. Now I don't see or hear from him at all. I feel like he hate me or something and I didn't do nothing but the best for him. But my heart and my head hurt so much.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:27:04 PM »

Excerpt
It hurt me so much. is like one day he my man and the next day is like he don't know me

I think that it's really tough when a partner turns on a dime and leaves. My ex wife and I were together for almost 8 years and it was like a light switch was turned off, I didn't recognize the person that was in front of my eyes and she emotionally detached and attached herself to another man and started idealizing him.

I know that it's easy to say this now but I think that you described it well when you said that your heart and your head are not aligned, it takes time to heal these wounds. A pwBPD fear abandonment and frantically try to avoid it imagined or real and they will reject a partner before a partner rejects them. I think that an important part of our recovery is to read as much as you can about BPD to understand why our ex partners behaved the way that they do.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest