Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:25:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's better for him to be out our sons life  (Read 389 times)
Dontknow88

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 26, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »

Our son is 10.5 months old and I dread the day when my baby will ask me "how come he doesn't feel his promises?" , "why dose he yell/hit me for no reason(not that I promote hitting)".

My ex has a problem with consistency. He would rather come when he's a emotional mess then to have the common sense to just stay home and come when you feel better.

I'm giving the light story. Have you ever wished they just stay out of the child's life and stop confusing them, abusing them.

I can tell he's trying but I'm tied of the roller coaster and exposing our child to it. I think he will do less harm being away.

Do you feel the same? Or not?
Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »

Hi again Dontknow88,

My ex has a problem with consistency. He would rather come when he's a emotional mess then to have the common sense to just stay home and come when you feel better.
... .
I can tell he's trying but I'm tied of the roller coaster and exposing our child to it. I think he will do less harm being away.

That your ex seems to be trying is a good thing, yet when it comes to the safety of your child I would say that probably a bit more is needed then just trying. Do you believe your ex has any true understanding of his issues? Do you feel like he genuinely acknowledges his issues and is committed to getting help to get better?

Take care

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »

Hi Dontknow88,

I'd feel protective and worried about if it was my baby too. that being said, how much does he help with the baby?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Dontknow88

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »

Hi again Dontknow88,

That your ex seems to be trying is a good thing, yet when it comes to the safety of your child I would say that probably a bit more is needed then just trying. Do you believe your ex has any true understanding of his issues? Do you feel like he genuinely acknowledges his issues and is committed to getting help to get better?

Take care

He knows he has issues after the storm if that makes sense. He reacts and sometime later you will realize what he has done. He knows the diagnosis of his issues and has told me that he is OK with being messed up for the rest of his life and because he has a child he will do the minimum to get better and not the maximum because "there is no hope"   Thank you so much for agreeing with me he tries but it's not enough it's not enough for me to trust him with our son completely alone even when he's trying and things seem good he will break out into tears and storm out. If I son cries he hands them straight to me and hides in my bathroom and cry. I can't have my son growing up seeing the instability. I feel horrible but that something for my son to learn  off it's not a positive thing
Dontknow88

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »

Hi Dontknow88,

I'd feel protective and worried about if it was my baby too. that being said, how much does he help with the baby?

Only financially. We live in different countries and he only seen him on three different occasions for less than an hour our son is almost a year old.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest