Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 09:45:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe she truly is bipolar and not BPD because she seems to be doing great.  (Read 375 times)
Indifferent28

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: January 19, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »

I made a brief post about this before.

I found out my ex was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. My first thought is that it's a misdiagnosis or maybe she has both.

But I've been hearing she is on medication and since she has been on medication,  her relationship seems to have blossomed into something very healthy.

Maybe all this time I've been wrong and she was simply bipolar and needed meds and another partner... .

ShadowA

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:11:46 PM »

Depends how long she has been with the partner.
They go through idolization phases if BPD which they see the new partner as entirely white and idolize them. They can do no wrong.
Which after a certain time, they paint black.
Confused108

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »

Indifferent my ex when she came back told me she was diagnosed as being bipolar at 13. I knew her  for 2 years before we became romanticallly involved.  My mom found out and broke us up. After that my ex went nuts and ended up for 2 months in a mental hospital. Well my ex when I tried getting her back as teens she said yes at first then no F off etc. I was painted black for 26 years. When my ex found me on Facebook  she told me she  was diagnosed as being bipolar . She also said she wanted me back. And that  I was the one and she still loved me blah blah. Well after this within 2 weeks she told me she wasn't interested anymore etc. push / pull and finally discarded me last September 2015 after a hellish 2 months! Well I thought she was bipolar but her actions never lead up to that disorder in my book. She was also on medication. So looking up all her actions and all the crap she pulled on me lead me here to believe that yes she was misdiagnosed and is really. BPD. I have 2 friends who are Bipolar and they don't act the way And most meds do work for them. So yes when they find a new supply that person is white to them. A knight in shinning armor! Wait they will be painted black! They always are!

Indifferent28

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:01:05 AM »

ShadowA, it's been over a year now since they've been dating. They seemed to do rocky prior to her diagnosis. Since then and since her being on meds, they seem to be doing well.

Confused108, i can imagine you felt so low when she got your hopes up only to crash them. How does her doctor NOT see that she is not bipolar, and perhaps BPD? Im assuming she isnt honest with him about her behavior or else she would surely be diagnosed with something else it seems.

The meds seem to be helping my ex so maybe she truly is bipolar.

Confused108

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 11:15:43 AM »

To be honest I don't even know if my ex is seeing her Dr. A lot offtrained professionals have misdiagnosed BPD as being bipolar when they aren't. I have a friend who's brothers ex fiancé was diagnosed as also being Bipolar. For years! She had finally hit rock bottom so bad and ended up in a mental hospital where they finally figured  out she was Never Bipolar and was really BPD! All that time misdiagnosed. Let's face  it how many people go around right now misdiagnosed with anything! Your only as good as your Dr. . Also my ex puts up a very good front and knows how to "act" around who she needs to be. Very cunning and manipulative. If she were to come back  I would tell her exactly where she can go.

lovenature

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 11:52:26 PM »

Excerpt
They seemed to do rocky prior to her diagnosis. Since then and since her being on meds, they seem to be doing well.

You say seem to be doing well, how do you know for sure how they are really doing? Do you keep tabs on your ex.?
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest