Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 08:48:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 342 times)
EdnaMode
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 27, 2017, 06:20:59 PM »

Hi this is my first post and I am relieved that finally I hopefully get to chat with other people who are experiencing the same problems as me.
I have been in a relationship with my partner for nearly six years and I love him very much. I guess there was always something different about him but he was extremely out going and flamboyant and very confident. Everyone noticed him and liked him. But gradually that began to change and about 4 years ago he became a totally different person, not over night but slowly his personality changed. He has been diagnosed with literally every mental illness and the first was schizophrenia, bio polar and the list goes on but now the conclusion is BPD. He has been on a variety of anti psychotics and antidepressants, at times they have made him worse.
It's heart breaking to watch someone you love suffer and not be able to help them or understand what's actually happening to them and why?
He can be so loving and kind and the next minute so suspicious and nasty. We have tried to get DPT for him and nothing is available. The lack of emotional support is awful and it's very difficult for family members to understand or even except. I have to be honest I am finding it mentally draining at times because some days there are no boundaries to his constant thoughts and feelings.
His moods change rapidly.
What I want to know is, will he recover?
With the right help and support can he recover from this disorder?
Does anyone has any good advice or suggestions?
I feel isolated and very alone because it's very difficult to go out without him getting upset or if we go out together he struggles with social anxiety so we end up coming home.

Look forward to chatting to you

EdnaMode 

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »

Hi Ednamode, 

Welcome

I'd like to welcome you to  bpdfamily. I'm glad that you decided to join us. 

Excerpt
‎The lack of emotional support is awful and it's very difficult for family members to understand or even except. 

It's difficult for people to traps the erratic and what seems to be illogical behavior. If someone has a broken leg you can clearly see the injury, mental illness is not visible, BPD is an invisible disorder and it's directed at the people closest to a pwBPD. if you're not close to the person then the way that the person conducts themselves is no different then anybody else.

I can understand how invalidating it feels when family members don't understand what you're going through. I wish people would put more effort or be more open minded when it comes to mental illness. 

There's a reason why your H acts the way he does it helps to read as much as you can about the disorder you'll quickly see the benefits and become proficient over time. 

Excerpt
‎I am finding it mentally draining at times

What do you do for self care?

Excerpt
What I want to know is, will he recover?

People do recover from BPD . Everyone that suffers from the disorder is different, with different traits and severity along a continuum. If we set the mental illness aside, i'd like to add awarness, just like a non a pwBPD have different levels of awareness. You'd have to sense that there's something wrong about you inside and you'd have want to get better. 

A compassionate support system goes a long way, it helps when a pwBPD feel like they're not navigating through this alone, just like us. It helps to share it with someone. BPD is a life long mental illness, there ways that we can accept it and ways to communicate that helps when you're in a r/s with a pwBPD‎.

The Big Picture

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest