Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 20, 2024, 07:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On vacation with my ex and friends  (Read 93 times)
BlissfulHeart

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« on: September 10, 2024, 05:06:00 AM »

Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)

Hi everyone,
I’m currently on a two-week holiday with my ex, her brother, and her best friend, who are also my friends. So far, things have been going well, but there’s one issue: she’s been talking to her new boyfriend on the phone every night, and it feels like she’s skipping out on spending time with us to do so. She started chatting with him while we were still together, and even though she apologized and said her love for me haven’t changed, it’s been hard for me to deal with her apparent lack of concern for my feelings and her conversations with him in front of me. (The doors are locked, but I can still hear everything. I know it’s not my business anymore, but it feels strange since she betrayed me with the same person.)
i was in  no contact She reached out to me before the holiday, saying she missed me so much , love never changed , feeling numb and not sure what she’s anymore and cried about it. I thought I might have a chance to rekindle things, so I’ve been trying to stay positive and make the most of our time together. However, her nightly phone calls and laughter with him make me  upset. (She can see I was caring less , and maybe she’s trying to provoke me now? ) I know I shouldn’t let it show, but it’s difficult to control my emotions/ i put a flat face she can read . when I feel betrayed and disrespected.
At other times, she tries her best to be friendly but then distances herself so she can chat with him, even when we go out. (She’s a phone addict, not just with him but also with Instagram, TikTok reels, etc.) I’m considering going no contact after this holiday, which she won’t like, but I need to get through the 2  weeks. I have a lot of mixed emotions.

She keeps asking if I am okay. I’m unsure how to handle the situation. Should I:
Express how her actions reopen old wounds and ask if she can spend more time with me  for the next two weeks, then part ways? ( looks like a bad idea) .
Try to remain cheerful and avoid confronting her about it, risking her normalizing the behavior?
Spend more time with others and keep my distance from her, potentially making her mad?
Anything else i can do ?

I’m also wondering if she was genuinely depressed during that time or if it was all a lie, as their relationship seems good from the outside. I really want to try to get her back, but I’m not sure how to approach it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Just pouring out my emotions here , sorry and thank you

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

BlissfulHeart

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2024, 01:23:29 PM »

Just to add to this , i plan to join this holiday because all the tickets and stuff were pre booked and i really wanted to visit this county
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest