Today my estranged daughter came and picked up the rest of her belongings. It’s exactly three months and 19 days since she first left. Today makes two weeks that my mother died. I lost my mother, a young woman who I thought was my daughter and my grandchild all in under three and a half months. To say I am depressed is an understatement. I don’t know how to remake my life from here.
I am so sorry. I've walked the same road with a BPD kid and grandkids being cut out of my life. Luckily in my case, if was my non-BPD daughter (with the grandkids) that I had a falling out with for a time and we were able to mend that. It was all over things the BPDs in my life said though, so I definitely understand. It's a gut-punch.
The way you remake your life though is simple- you get busy living. That means fall into old and new hobbies. That means spend quality time with friends and family. That means get moving, regardless of what you're doing, so you're not sitting around feeling hurt and broken.
For awhile, you'll have to 'fake it till you make it'. I've been there and didn't know if I'd survive it. But time does heal all and this too will lose its sting.