Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:38:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to be ok  (Read 348 times)
Shedd
formerly burnerin

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »

I'm having a very difficult time this week with her birthday and all.  I know she's dating someone new and they're all going out tonight.  I'm a wreck.  My heart hurts like I have a giant hole in my chest.  I couldn't even manage myself to get to the gym this morning and I have actually been pretty good about picking myself up trying to get through this break up.  It's been a little over a year, but the one thing I cannot get out of my head is how she's told me I was perfect and I should not forget that.  If I am so perfect then why is she dating someone else? It sure does not make me feel perfect.  I don't know how to move on.  This is my first break up.  Talking about it helps, but I feel like I'm being annoying to others even though they say they don't care if I talk about it. IDK. I just don't know what to do.  I feel like I can't do anything because I'm trying so hard to save money and get out of my parents house so I don't spend much.  Sometimes I just have to though.  It's a constant struggle.  I don't know how to get happy again. I am a completely different person than who I used to be and I don't recognize myself anymore. 

All my interests are gone.  I used to fangirl over tv shows and be super passionate about them, but since my ex broke up with me claiming one of the reasons she broke up with me because I was obsessed over a celebrity has me not liking it much anymore.  I feel like I need to grow up from that and not cling onto shows and celebrities that used to give me such passion. 

I want to take up a new hobby or something, but I don't want to pay the money for classes.  I could work on my art, but I've been so depressed I just can't seem to get up and do it.  I am creating a space in the basement this weekend I'm hoping that will help. 

I loved her so much, I don't know how to just let her go and be ok.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Shedd
formerly burnerin

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:22:24 PM »

Just saw on FB she's making shots for her birthday party tonight.  I guess she's back to drinking again. :/

heartandwhole
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 11:32:54 AM »

Hi Shedd,

I can imagine how hard this is, with her birthday and all.   Moving on is difficult and takes time and self-compassion. Sometimes we have to live a while in that limbo land, not quite ready to leap forward, but also done with a lot of what was our past. It can feel confusing and frustrating.

Is there something you can do that would be interesting/fun that doesn't cost money? A free concert in your neighborhood? A meet up hiking group? Cooking classes on the Internet?

I don't know your interests, but there might be low-cost or free activities that would create a spark for you again.

Getting happy again isn't something you can force, I don't think. In my experience, it kind of sneaked up on me as I kept putting one foot in front of the other.

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest