Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 07:34:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Severe boundary reaction in progress NOW  (Read 337 times)
doublejeopardy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 26, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »

Here we ago. Again. Did my calm assurance that I'm using this site to learn better ways to communicate because I love him and care for him justify his walking out after accusing me of demanding a divorce (never happened; he's just lost in his altered interpretations--again). Nope. So what? The reality is the same: he just can't embrace or comprehend that reality.

So here I sit and type, while he's lost to reason and apparently blindly hell-bent on destroying what's left of his job and his (4th) marriage to me: all under the strain of an unusually HOPEFUL custody/visitation motion with his children. Suddenly, he's asking permission to use "my bathroom" before storming out for lunch so he won't be eating "my" food. Suddenly he's spouting out all his fears and anger on the only steady person in his life. It is exhausting being that person.

I can't deny that except for the crushing debt we're under and the general agony of divorce, a growing part of me wouldn't mind the peace.

When he returns eventually today, assuming he doesn't follow through on his hotel room/separate apartment threat we can't afford, how do I act? Whether he returns sullen, silent and moody, or spewing more irrational fears and assumptions, what response is most likely to help calm him so he can think clearly? Zero communication is possible in his current state. It's unusual to last a full day.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

doublejeopardy

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »

me again. An hour later, he's returned home at least. went directly to his computer game to avoid me and/or retreat, etc. Wish I had some feedback here, but maybe that's me seeking validation, right? I def sense that my still being online is aggravating him, and it's pretty tiring to me, too. time for a break. I'll check back in when it's less in his face, so to speak. I miss peace.
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »

So sorry this post was missed. Has this situation resolved?

One of the hard things about living with a pwBPD is realizing that we cannot control their behavior. We can only control ours. He might walk out after you set a boundary. He might get mad. We validate and set boundaries not to control them, but to control ourselves, what is done to us, what we will put up with, and our own emotions.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest