Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:53:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is wrong with me?  (Read 333 times)
AllNightLong

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: April 09, 2017, 05:24:59 AM »

Hi,
I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with me? Am i depressed? Could it be CO-dependence?

My wife woke me up at 3.30 am and asked me to tanke our s3months Claude she sleep real bad so far and Should leave bed 1,5h later. I Said sure, but the little one wasn't to happy and wanted to eat again, since he's only breastfeading it's not much i can do. But it made My wife very upset and the fight was on!

I'm leaving on tuesday for a scuba trip and she Will be home with the kids. She is doing anything to destroy the trip.

But back to the problem.
Lately she started to acuse me for cheating on her and i'm only going on this trip to cheat on her... i understand this is very common and i doesn't put much thought in to it.
But this night/morning she came up with a new thing, she started to insult me about how ive been in bed, how she Will call Every single guy and f**k all of them when i'm away. And i didn't know what to say.

It all went on too how she think i Should kill myself, how i Will get a hammer in My head, how much she wishes My plane Will crash.
I got all of this on tape after formfliers excellent tip about start to record the outbursts since she has been physical abusive a LOT before as well.

But when i was in this fight, and when listening to the recording i honestly feel NOTHING... it's just empty, first i don't believe any of her threats but this was more intense than before... but it feels like i just don't care...
So whats wrong with me?
Aussie0zborn

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:55:17 AM »

There's nothing wrong with you. These are not normal things that we should be able to process easily.  Report the threats to the police without pressing charges. This could save your sorry ass later when you call them for help and she tells them that YOU assaulted HER. In such cases, the man usually gets arrested so cover your back now in case the police get involved in the future.

You should take all threats seriously. Who would say such things to their spouse? Always be one step ahead and work out how you can protect yourself and your children from her. 

Remember that in most cases where a wife kills her husband or her children, the wife comes out of it as the victim and doesn't go to jail.  Cover your ass, man. 

patientandclear

Relationship status: single

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:20:57 AM »

Report the threats to the police without pressing charges. ... .Cover your ass, man. 

Just FYI, in many jurisdictions at least in the US, it's not up to the victim whether to "press charges;" prosecutors make the decision and often proceed even when the alleged victim doesn't wish to.  Not saying that to discourage you from reporting the threats, but to ensure you don't have an ill-founded sense of control over what happens then.

As to "I don't feel anything," do you mean you feel numb and non-reactive when you hear her say these things?  You may be able to identify them as the product of mental illness and thus not react to them, in the way that you might not particularly react if someone close to you was suffering from schizophrenia and said obviously delusional things.

It isn't pleasant, but if you know for sure not to take the comments seriously or personally, you may just be doing a mental version of hitting delete.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest