Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 02:54:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First post  (Read 370 times)
rainbowconxn

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 17, 2017, 08:26:45 PM »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the Pacific Northwest. 3 years ago my ex wife and I split after almost 20 years together. She has displayed traits of a BP but has never been formally diagnosed.

I'm just now getting into a new relationship, and suddenly I'm haunted by my past traumas. I've started to fear that my BP ex may somehow find this person and start harassing them the same way she has my friends, business associates, and our children.

I've started seeing my counselor again, that is, I've made an appointment. Just coming here for support.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »

Welcome rainbowconxn  !

It's great to meet you and I'm pleased you decided to post about this.  By the sounds of it, you've had some pretty challenging experiences with your exw since the split.  Did you have a long and difficult divorce?  I'm guessing that some of the behaviour might have centered around the time of the split, but do fill us in.  Are you in contact with your exw?  Possibly regards contact with the children? 

It must be concerning to you to enter into a new r/s if your ex has been destructive in the past with others in your life, especially those closest to you.  How do you feel about your new partner at this stage?  I can imagine that you are feeling protective of this person.  It's good that you're reaching out for support, and I hope that your counsellor can be helpful in managing your emotional reaction to the trauma you describe.  You're in the right place for understanding with this, as many members have impacts from ex partners who lash out following a breakup.  It's very upsetting to imagine this starting up with your new partner, I'm sure.  Keep posting.  We are here for you.

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »

Hi rainbowconxn,

Welcome

Id like to join   Bullet: contents of text or email (click to insert in post) Harley Quinn and welcome you to bpdfamily. I'm glad that you have found us, there is hope. A r/s break-up is difficult to get over, it helps to talk to people that can relate with you, it looks like you're trying to help yourself out and the best combination is a support group concurrently with a T.

Excerpt
I've started to fear that my BP ex may somehow find this person and start harassing them the same way she has my friends, business associates, and our children.

I can relate with that, how is she towards you now?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest