Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 06:27:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Expert insight for adult children
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
How to spot a liar
Pamela Meyer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy cat lady (mother)/pwbd?  (Read 380 times)
lucky013

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 19, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »

Does anyone else's mother or person with BPD fit this bill? Complains about them but feeds them on time every day has exact habits she follows with them. Loves having them there for her to look after.

I've read many articles about how a person with BPD, has a similar personality to cats for the most part.
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »

Does your mother also exhibit hoarding traits?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
lucky013

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:57:50 AM »

Ummm not really, Id says she's more the opposite, she is OCD with cleaning. Drinks every single night and plays candy crush on her iPad with all the spare time she has
Vanilla Sky

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: LC after 1+ year of NC

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »

Very interesting post. When I was a teenager living with my uBPD mother and enabling dad, we got to a point of having 20 cats at home. Lots of paper boxes and old blankets around the house for them to sleep. When a cat was sick, she didn't want to spend money with the Vet, so I had to try my best to help the animals, using the medicines we had at home. My mother was always complaining about the cats but was proud to be "such a good person" for taking care of them. She also has some traits of hoarding. Lives in a 2 floors house and the 1st floor is full of old furniture and stuff.  She is also OCD with cleaning, although she is only worried about the rooms that people from outside can see - doesn't really care about the rooms she can keep "hidden" from other people.
lucky013

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »

That's interesting to here, I guess you get all types of people, my mother just has so much pride in her home etc but is miserable as ___ because she has no money to do anything and no friends. But she has made this for herself and this is more important to her.
Her cats are her only friends and the only thing that will give her attention. As she is so critical of and demanding of her children and friends.
wannabefree

Relationship status: committed

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »

Yes! My uBPD mother has 2 cats that she adores. But day and night complains that they won't eat. She cooks for them, opens every can in the house, rages about the endless (cat) dishes she has to wash ... .and has ME driving all over town to buy food for her cats. I truly believe that a part of them not eating is the stress level in that house  I've been there when she's ill and they eat what I put down (while she's asleep in her bed) so ... .I could be wrong.  She hasn't gone anywhere for more than a few hours because she won't leave the cats alone, no boarding, no petsitter (they'd rob her). It's pretty insane.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest