Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 05:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycle  (Read 430 times)
dazedandconfuzed

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: October 26, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »

So I get a message at midnight - are you still up. I wasn't but am on call for work so have to respond to messages and she contacted me on my work account. So in my half asleep state not thinking I reply:

Yes, whats up.

Silence, ok back to bed

Half an hour later:
I'm scared.

ok, what's wrong.

35 minutes later:
noises, sounds like someone is outside, dogs barking, please help.

So I go over at 2am - yea I really shouldnt have. She has me spend the night because she's terrified. I do. The next morning we're late getting to work and stop to grab breakfast because its never a good thing if she's hangry. While eating - that was awful, I shouldn't have done it. It was my moment of weakness. I never want to see you again. Storms off. I'm like hey whats wrong? Insert rant about how I deserve her treating me like she did. I leave and head to my job. Blocked by the time I get to my desk.

Seriously. You're welcome.

ok rant over.
g2outfitter

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:32:40 PM »

My version... .

So I'm at work.  I look up and she is standing in my office unannounced.  I ask, what are you doing here?  She replies... ."I miss you and I wanted to come see you.  I want to see your apartment (because a week earlier I had to move out of our house) and then go have lunch".

We go by my apartment (yeah, I shouldn't have) and she talks about how she wants to come by later and help me decorate.  Keep in mind, I am in this apartment because after 20 months together she suddenly "needed space".

Halfway through a very enjoyable lunch she gets quiet.  I ask, what is wrong?  She looks at me and says... ."you're never going to give me my space are you!  Nothing has changed... .it's like we're still together".  She gets up and storms out of the restaurant.

What just happened?
Lucky Jim

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »

Is it possible that you guys are seeing the same woman?  Just kidding!   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Seriously, you both know what it's like in a BPD r/s, yet you both had expectations that things would turn out differently this time.  It's just that sort of thinking that kept me married to my BPDxW for 16 years.

Why do we continue to harbor fantasies that things are going to turn around and go back to the "good old days" when all evidence points to the contrary?  I recycled plenty of times, based on the premise that things would be different.  They weren't, yet that didn't stop me from doing it all over again.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
zeus123

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 10:52:34 PM »

Guys that's why only strict NO CONTACTS works and nothing else does. You don't understand how impaired these people are.
g2outfitter

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »

You're right LJ... .nothing changed for me and it will be the same for the new guy, and the next new guy, and the next new guy, and the... .

You are also right Zeus... .NC is the only correct path. This happened to me before I ever heard of BPD... .before I realized just how impaired she really was.
blueblue12

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »

Nothing changed for me either, one recycle and it was rather quick. It is so hard to be in there, you just can’t rely on one’s perception of a restart, my ex changed so quickly, from loving to dettached/distant, you just can’t trust it. She also missed me crazily, needed to see me, then once we got together went quiet again. And I hated been around her like that, it was awful. Now I do feel like I know better and do not want that get involved again. Not a good life.
itgetsbetter94

Relationship status: Single

This too shall pass.

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 05:37:16 PM »

I break up with him and send him home after he over night comes to realisation that he doesn't love me.
He calls me 20+ times and sends 10+ messages about how sorry he his, how much he loves me, how much he wants to make it all better and treat me like he used to. Promises upon promises.
I take him back.
The very next day- the same song "I don't know why I don't love you anymore, it's as if someone took all the nice memories and positive feelings from me". I showed him all the freaking messages he wrote me the night before. His reaction "Yell, I DO want to love you, I'll try!". But he doesn't all in all. That was the first and the last time BPD reared its ugly head. I didn't stay long after that, maybe for a few days, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I shouldn't have given him even those few extra days, each next day was worse than other.

♡ I'm wearing my heart like a crown ♡
These violent delights have violent ends.
dazedandconfuzed

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »

Yes exactly, its really just a function of me wanting her to act a specific way, and thinking she will.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest