Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 11:00:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nervous It Will Happen Again  (Read 360 times)
CookieMonster80

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: November 21, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »

My gf and I are officially back together. Things have been great between us lately and it feels like old times before everything happened. To recap on the situation, I broke up with my gf due to her spending all of her time with her new friends and she ended up sleeping with a girl in her friend group a couple days after the break up. She has been nothing but honest with me, which comforts me, but I am still nervous about this situation arising in the future. She still hangs out with this girl, but only in a group situation as per my request, which she has no problem doing. We will be coming up on our four year anniversary this upcoming April and she has stated that this is her longest, happiest, and healthiest relationship. She claims that I am the one she wants to marry and spend the rest of her life with and this whole situation made her realize what she has to loose. I guess I am just nervous about giving my whole heart again and am having trouble trusting her when she says this is not going to happen again. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Is it in Borderline nature to repeat these actions over and over?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pearlsw

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »

Hi CookieMonster80,

Do I understand correctly that she slept with someone else after you broke up with her or is there more to this? Was this part of what led up to the breakup?

It is understandable to be nervous to restart with someone. What are you two doing to rebuild trust?

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
CookieMonster80

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »

She began hanging out with this new group of friends from her job and refused to invite me along to meet them. After a few weeks of constant fighting due to this, she admitted she had a crush on one of the girls in her group, but claimed I had nothing to worry about. She continued to make plans with them and stated she had no intentions of inviting me because they were "her friends" and I broke up with her due to this. A couple days after the break up, I found out she slept with the girl that she had a crush on. She was honest about everything that happened and also admitted that she had kissed someone during our relationship, but felt instant regret about it and never did anything again.

To be honest, I am not sure how to rebuild trust with her. There is a part of me that does trust her since she is usually very honest about how she is feeling, even if it is something that I do not want to hear. On the other hand, since she did kiss someone during our relationship, I am nervous that something like this will arise in the future if she did not learn her lesson from it the first time. I also do not like the fact that she is still hanging out with this girl, even though it is in a group setting, but since they are her only friends, it kind of makes this situation unavoidable.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest