Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 09, 2024, 03:09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: she was just carried out on a stretcher  (Read 455 times)
Lady Itone

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 29, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »

Two weeks after our break up. One week after I last saw her. Got a bunch of crazy texts, so I texted her back "You sound like you're getting psychotic, hon." This morning, an insane message on my voicemail while I was at work, 3 full minutes of wailing and nonsense words.

So I contacted her therapist, her brother, her housemate. Sure enough, the housemate confirmed the exgirlfriend was having a psychotic episode, and she (housemate) had confronted her, and when she refused to voluntarily to to the hospital, she called the sherriff, and our girl took off. Housemate looked at her pills bottles, and apparently she' taken all of her adderall over the last few days, and none of her antipsychotic.

Somehow, in her psychotic state, she made it to my house 30something miles away. The bus? I was chilling in my yard, and I could hear her wailing as she walked down my street, somehow I just knew she'd make it here.  She wouldnt stop screaming, I finally called an ambulance. They forced her to take a shot, carried her away strapped to a stretcher, having seizures.

FML!  All my neighbors came out, now everyone knows I dated a crazy person. I couldn't help her, I could not chill her out. She was dirty, her eyes rolling back into her head, it was so scary and sad.

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:22:53 PM »

That does sound both scary and sad... .will you be updated on how she turns out,  and do you feel like you will be safe of the future?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Emotions

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »

Did the shot give her seizures, or was she already having them? My ex/ friend takes adderal and I just want to know in case she takes too many (wouldn't be the first time either) sorry you had to witness that.

Train your mind to be calm in every situation
Like an island that no flood can overwhelm
In these times we must act like the eye of the hurricane
"It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" (public enemy)
Lady Itone

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »

Her housemate is an e.r. nurse who will take her back but only if she complies with her meds. I am "safe" in that she genuinely came to me for help not to hurt me. It does not make me happy that I'm who she runs to when stuff hits the fan. I want to be a friend I care about her but I'm burned out.

She took a ridiculous amount of adderall to get to that state.

pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »

Hi LadyItone,

That does sound very scary to have witnessed! Sounds like her roommate has a good handle on things though and is able to keep an eye on her. It was nice of you to help her get the medical help she needed.

What's next for you regarding this ex?

wishing you peace, pearlsw.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Lady Itone

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

Hi LadyItone,

That does sound very scary to have witnessed! Sounds like her roommate has a good handle on things though and is able to keep an eye on her. It was nice of you to help her get the medical help she needed.

What's next for you regarding this ex?

wishing you peace, pearlsw.

Scary and so sad, I hate seeing my Amazon Queen so broken down and scared   Her housemate/bestie/boss is awesome, my exgf pays reduced rent in return helps her take care of her amazing 11 year old daughter. She's very good with kids, kids really bring out the best in my ex. But her housemate, though a sympathetic person who loves her, is also a single mom with a hectic job and a precocious daughter to raise. She will only put up with so much nonsense. In the past, girlfriend would bring all her craziness to me and that kept things at her house calm. Now she can't come to my house and freak out, it's gonna get harder for her to hide her problems at home. If she gets thrown out, she'll try running back to me for help, I'm sure.

I guess what's next for me is just making even more distance. Should I even visit her in the hospital this time? The last two times she was hospitalized, I visited her and acted as her advocate, talking to her doctors and case workers. I think I'm going to have to leave it to her housemate this time, just hang back. I guess I'll pick up the phone if she calls, but I really don't want to extend any more energy on her. It's so draining how much energy I spend thinking about her, worrying about her when she lets herself get like this. At least right now I have a couple days where I know where she is, what she's doing, and that she can't get any worse. Sigh. 

flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »

I think your plan to stay disengaged is a good one. It sounds like when she was last hospitalized, you basically went from "visitor" to "rescuer." You want to avoid that level of entanglement.

babyducks

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 05:53:20 PM »

How are you Lady Itone?

How are things?

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
Lady Itone

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 12:07:26 PM »

How are you Lady Itone?

How are things?

Thanks for asking. I've had no word on how she's doing in the hospital, or if her family or housemates have heard from her.

I keep picturing her running into my arms, just wailing like a baby. She was in so much pain, and I now she's stuck in that horrible hospital.

I never knew what miserable places psyche wards are until I met her. Our "mental health" system in the U.S. is broken, these are not places that foster healing. They're dreary, the food is disgusting, the staff is overworked, and a pretty young woman is a target for all kinds of nonsense. I hate that I sent her there, but I couldn't help her. I could not devote the hours, the days it would have taken to bring her down from her psychosis, assuming I could even control her. And I'm sure she was dehydrated and hadn't eaten in days--it was beyond what I could do. But I feel sick about it.   

I'm trying to just take it easy, read books. Socializing is a bit hard, I can really only deal with a handful of besties, everyone else I don't want to talk to. But I know I can't keep talking about her to my besties, they're sympathetic but they're sick of hearing this drama it's been almost two years of it. Therapy has never helped me much, I'm pretty self-aware and usually far ahead of the therapist. But I hate being in the grips of this obsession. It's going to be really hard to turn my attention away from her when she does this stuff, which I'm sure on some level is why she does it.

She was the most erotically beautiful woman I've ever been with, and I miss looking at her. Her smile lit me up. Her touch relaxed me and energized me at the same time. But then the memory of this other creature, the feral, wailing banshee, gaunt and dirty, eclipses the love goddess of my memory and it's so confusing and sad. Breakups are hard enough, but add on top of it the guilt and horror of having to put someone in the hospital because of it... .it's hard to bear.

babyducks

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »

I'm really sorry LI.    This is hard hard stuff.    You really have my heart felt sympathy.   

what you are going through,   what you've been through is traumatic stuff.    It is going to disrupt your thinking and emotions for a while.     

time will help ease some of the more painful memories.  and you can come here and talk to us as much as you want.   

you didn't put her in the hospital.   her disease did.   you did the best you could under horrible circumstances.

hang in there.   and do what you can to take care of yourself.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest