Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 2: Brother’s visit – Anxiety – Why?  (Read 380 times)
Libra

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: March 21, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »

Part 1 of this thread is here:  https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=333846.new#new

Hi All,

Just a short update: I recently phoned my mother for a chat.
She told me my brother won't be staying with us after all: we're too busy, we'll be renovating (yes, in May, not in June!), and they need to share her car. In short, it was too much of a hassle, and so they'll be staying at my mother's tiny appartment instead.

Good thing I suggested doing something together to my brother, or we would not seeing them at all! She is whisking them away on a mini hotel trip for 3 of the 6 days they'll be in the country.
My mother will be joining us for the afternoon trip together btw, she is so looking forward to having all her children and grandchildren together

On the bright side: no more need for any anxiety, I guess. Ha!

Excerpt
Wow...just wow.  
Panda,
Really? Why?
I keep making excuses in my head why she's doing this. Maybe it's just because I've set boundaries and have thus pushed her away too much? Maybe she is just as insecure as I am, and feels she would be 'disturbing' me? It still hurts though. S8 fell on Monday. He has a huge bruised black eye. I sent her a picture, saying he fell and was okay except for the swelling. She called our landline and talked to S8 (who happened to answer the phone). She chatted with him, said her goodbyes and hung up.
In all my adult life, I think she has phoned me less than a dozen times. Heck, not even half that! If she needs something, she'll send an e-mail. She expects me to phone regularly and ask how she's doing, but she will never initiate such a call herself. Over the years, when she would start complaining that I didn't call regularly enough, I always reminded her that she was free to take some initiative as well. It never changed anything though.

Thank you all for your replies and support. It means a lot.

Libra.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:55:37 AM by Harri » Logged

Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. ~ Confucius.
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »

I said Wow, because that would feel like a rejection to me particularly if it happened more than once and there was no reason attached to it. (Now granted you know that I have my own "mommy issues" but yeah that would hurt my feelings)
Not talking to you because she's short on time or something would be one thing but "there's no need" to talk to her daughter?

I find it interesting how much your mother seems to be in competition with you for your brother's attention.  Also interesting that your brother is so willing to go along with the stay at your mother's when there isn't really room...he's going along to get along seems to me.  It sucks because the time spent with you is shrinking, but they are going to do what they are going to do 

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest