Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Popular books with members
Surviving a
Borderline Parent

Emotional Blackmail
Fear, Obligation, and Guilt
When Parents Make
Children Their Partners
Healing the
Shame That Binds You

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother with BPD is apparently dying  (Read 688 times)
Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2019, 11:57:11 AM »

I am hearing from a lot of people how fond they were of my mother. She certainly was charming and generous with nearly everyone including my father whom she treated nicely when he was present, and talked terribly about him and how she wanted to divorce him behind his back. I literally spent hundreds of hours listen to her badmouth everyone under the sun, yet not too many people got to see this side of her. I feel that her children were really the only people that knew her and saw sides of her that would have alienated nearly everyone else.

I had the same experience with my mother. My childhood friends thought she was incredibly wonderful. Of course they never saw the side of her that my father and I experienced.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
zachira
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

It has been a week since mom passed away. I have been a little bit sad, though the main feeling is one of having a tremendous burden lifted from my shoulders knowing mom can not invalidate me any more. I am suddenly very busy tackling projects I didn't feel capable of getting done before. I still have the challenge of dealing with my siblings with BPD and the family members that scapegoat others, and this challenge does not seem to be so overwhelming anymore. I really appreciate all of you who reached out during the time my mother was dying and afterwards. I am hoping that for all those who still have a BPD in their lives and can't so easily walk away, that some day you will be free of having to deal with this type of person on a regular basis and/or having to deal with them at all.

Scarlet Phoenix
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Together 9 years

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached it's maximum length and has been locked. The OP continues the discussion here:
The Fallout From My Mom's Recent Death (She had BPD.)

~~ The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; who strives valiantly; who errs; who comes short again and again ... and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly ~~ Become who you are ~~
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest