Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 02:27:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello dear family  (Read 472 times)
Honkytop

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 21, 2019, 03:52:40 AM »

Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
hello again
I met my SO a year ago or so.
in the first 3-4 months everything was in the "honey-moon" phase.
It even bothered me that the usual stuff women complain about and obssesive about, I didnt get that particular vibe from her.
after a 5-6 monthes living together under the same roof and managing shared life.
My way of living and making a living was pretty dangerous but she accompnied me on almost day-day basis.
at first it started with sexual abuse she was thru at a younger age ( including androphobia,crying after sexual acts and a'splitting' opinions most of the people that walks her y in the street)
then the impulsiveness came to the realtionship and we gone thru a month or 2 on hard drugs and very strong dependecy from her side (i learned afterwards that she was projecting her eating disorders on her drug abuse and hoping it will get better)
then we adopted a dog , a big dog that is living with me and my parents (I came back to my home and she gone back to living with her grandma), the dog is the result of her impulsivness because she never thinks about him when she starts to do planning with me \ moving to someplace else \ telling me that I should stay at her grandmas place with her , including the night when she cannot understand that the dog is a burden on my parents and i need to stay close to the home to help with the pet.
it basiclly went downhill after 5 -6 months of being together because she snapps out often, talking with angry faces and like keeping rage inside of her \ no matter what my attitude about the event. (Ie: everytime she has to pee lately i cannot reach her and make her smile, shes rude and agitated from everything surrounding her until she hasnt relieved herself, before the downhill part, everytime she had to go to the bathroom she started to talk alot and jumping from topics, idk why the change)
all the times we arguing over small details and it starts to be verbally abusive I'm standing there and trying to convince myself that everything is allright and not my fault like I'm being portreyed.
FYI - I had a childhood with me aunt and she was very very similar to my SO behaviour ( yelling at me, making me feel strongs guilt and then after a couple of minutes she would ask me if i want to go to MCDONALDS...)
excuse me for the horrible grammer and way of writing, it was on my way to work.
I'm really really hopeless because Im trying to convince her to go to therapy, she doesnt want to because she was in a long session when she was 16 15 and it didnt go well.
Thanks ahead!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Honkytop

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 02:18:59 AM »

hello again
lately Its hard to contain and not to show my disappointment from her resentment for treatment, every time i bring the topic for discussion, she feels like I'm attacking her and devalue her efforts for self improvement.
Even with her current situation that every second day shes suppper agitated; talking nasty with me in front of my family, getting irritated if there some corn in the salad\ I should know that she doesn't like corn kernels in her salad...
every time we discuss\ "fight" the feelings that comes, it ends with hugging and physical intervention. After a while I'm trying to stop this way of "putting out the fires" because I feel that it doesn't change anything and we go back to the status we had before the explosion. Is it the right thing to act upon?
so I'm in the mix of feelings, Do I continue to reminding her the situation and putting pressure on her to go see a professional or should I just "play along" with her unreal perception of reality (that everything's is fine and just going to get better when were going to move in a year or so to a different state)? Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest