Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 01:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She's with me but discussing separate futures. No wonder I couldn't feel safe  (Read 349 times)
Euler2718

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 01, 2019, 07:09:07 AM »

I was sad because I thought if I'd just been more patient...recently I thought this. No doubt triggered by her moving to another state with her new guy. But this morning I remembered she was always trying to get me to promise that my "next girlfriend" would be ok with us remaining friends (I never promised that but she pushed for it).

Wtf! She's with me but already discussing separate futures. Something akin to talking about divorce when you're still married to someone. No wonder I couldn't feel safe.

Anyway life goes on and sometimes I forget what really blew it up...relationship instability.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:44:51 AM by once removed, Reason: retitled pursuant to guideline 1.5 » Logged
smart_storm26

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:25:15 AM »

Hi buddy, don't punish yourself for your relationship not working. It's very clear why your relationship didn't work. It takes two to make a relationship work. You alone cannot get it done. These are some twisted people who have no concept of true love. I believe what they think is love is just some unhealthy attachment they form with their partners. If you would have been really loved by someone, you wouldn't have been so worked up inside your mind. Just let her go and ruin someone else's life. You should be your number 1 priority now.

MeandThee29

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 10:05:18 AM »

I found this saying helpful as well:

It takes two to make a good relationship, and only one to destroy it.

Mine hung divorce over my head for over a decade. I also was raising our children and not self-supporting. So it put me in a place of fear and distrust that I didn't grasp until he left. I had been on shaky ground for a very long time and then everything was amplified.

It's getting better though.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest