Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 11:07:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Normal cycle?  (Read 444 times)
Perplexed5185

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« on: October 03, 2019, 09:03:15 AM »

Reposting hoping for some more input Smiling (click to insert in post)

I realize this is a strange situation and any input would be appreciated. This of course is a very abbreviated version.

2 years ago, a guy I had a very minor history with in high school contacted me.
We started chatting and it became more "flirty" over time. The intensity was up and down, but over the course of the year, we had spoken for hours and hours and hours and debated meeting in person, etc. We never did actually meet, although it was clear there was a connection between us. I had suspected he suffered from BPD for quite some time, and he confirmed it at one point.
Anyway over the summer (2018), things got particularly heated one night and a few days after that he abruptly blocked me on text message. No explanation whatsoever. I was confused to say the least... .Fast forward 2 months (Now mid-Sept 2018) and he texts me a bunch of apologies and basically says he wants more, etc and starts talking about getting me pregnant. At first, obviously I was really pissed off, but I chalked it up to his illness and we started speaking again. Although, I heavily implied that if he ever pulled that again, it would be the end of it.
Then come October 2018, he had become increasingly non responsive again, although I was not blocked. Of course, I thought disaster had struck and I became somewhat nervous. I called him from a friends phone and when he heard my voice he hung up right away. I texted him immediately saying "dont ever text/call me again."

Resurfaces in December 2018 telling me he has been in rehab and accuses me of a bunch of crap I never did.
Like an idiot I resume the way we were before. Fast forward to January of this year (2019) and we have an argument because I feel he was crossing boundaries and not being respectful (sexually). He freaks out and tells me to delete his contact info, etc. I was so stunned I had no idea what to say. The next day I text him and I really let him have it. I was pretty mean and then I blocked him. Again fast forward a few months (now end of March 2019) and I start feeling guilt and regret. I unblock and message him saying no hard feelings. No response.

I reach out again last month and this time I'm blocked (3rd time being blocked). At the same time I hear through the grapevine that he's back in rehab.

I'm a little shocked at his behavior and not really sure how to proceed- if at all. Is this typical with BPD? Is it just always this cycle over and over? Is there even a point to trying again? I had hoped we could at least be friends and feel badly about what I said- even though I was truly pushed to my limit. TIA.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest