Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:44:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blocked, feel that I have failed, I do not know what to do  (Read 917 times)
maral

What is your sexual orientation: Derecho
Who in your life has "personality" issues: CompaƱero romantico

« on: October 07, 2019, 10:46:09 AM »

I've been reading the forum for months. I greatly appreciate your work here and any comments or guidance on what to do at this time. Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I am not sure if it is BPD. You suspect my therapist, whom I started to go in one of his distance / break / abandonment, I don't know what to call them anymore ... My readings also fit in and much of what I read here, it's as if I was reading from him.

I have three years of love, enjoyment and also much suffering. From the beginning, in love, very intense. Withdrawal / abandonment / rupture several times in these years. Very suddenly, a few hours before loving us.
In those periods, contacts with ex, in some even restart relationship. Then come back.
I've always been kind, and accepting.

Since I started reading BPD I try to validate it at that time. And I think much better. Also valid in everyday life. I love him very much, and I suffer a lot when he distances himself. I think that these periods of distancing coincide with anecdotal episodes where he feels hurt by something, even insignificant, a tone of mine, a word. That is accumulating day by day.

If I am firm, sometimes it works, what happens is that I am afraid to set limits, and if I tell you that I don't like something, I usually feel hurt and a conflict begins. So I try to keep myself calm and kind, although I don't always always get it 100% like today.

In this month he has felt the need to move away twice, and accepted and respected. I receive it with open arms when he returns. What happens is that I am suffering and I want to take care of myself, I don't know what is better.
Upon returning this week very loving and small anger or quarrel with me for a word, a face, twisting what I say, I try to accept that it is so.

Yesterday, he caught me vulnerable and when he hinted to me that he was leaving a few days again, I told him that well, that he really went away and did not come back, that I suffer, that we be friends. At that moment he approached me. I realized that I can not be without him, that I do not want to hurt him, I expressed that what happens to me is that when he goes away I am suffering and I do not want to suffer or for him to suffer. I want us to be fine. He told me he didn't know. I told him that he not only leaves, but that there is hardly any communication, that I need to have some news, that if one morning I wake up sick or he needs me or is sick I want there to be a way to communicate. He admits that it is so, and that he will. So I tell him that I respect his need to get away whenever he wants. That everything is fine. After that, we approached and wonderful night.

And this morning, affectionate, all good, I say that when I need a few days ahead, that everything is fine. And in a moment talking later he corrects me by my way of expressing myself to something he tells me, nonsense, he tells me that I turn around - I didn't even know what he was talking about, seriously, totally lost - he tells me that we We communicate well, maybe it goes away. I feel bad, I know that I have to stand there, but I am human and I have failed ... I tell him to do what he does, I fail him, let him go, let him go. He tells me that he does not wait a few hours, that he is leaving, that I hurt him, that I am aggressive. I tell him that I understand, I try to validate him.
Pick up your stuff and leave. My phone has been locked. I know that I have failed, that I have been vulnerable, and I have not remained super quiet and firm. I would like to write you an email. I feel that it is not like other times, since I never told him to leave, and I feel he feels that I am leaving him, or feeling unsafe. I am suffering and I love him. I don't want him to suffer. I want to validate it. I would also like to set limits. The only thing I asked for is to be able to communicate if we need it and what you have done is block me when you leave.

I feel the extension of the message. I await any feedback. I know I was wrong and I would like to reverse it. I don't want him to feel hurt or unprotected. What I do.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any comments.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

maral

What is your sexual orientation: Derecho
Who in your life has "personality" issues: CompaƱero romantico

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »

I've been reading the forum for months. I greatly appreciate your work here and any comments or guidance on what to do at this time. Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I am not sure if it is BPD. You suspect my therapist, whom I started to go in one of his distance / break / abandonment, I don't know what to call them anymore ... My readings also fit in and much of what I read here, it's as if I was reading from him.

I have three years of love, enjoyment and also much suffering. From the beginning, in love, very intense. Withdrawal / abandonment / rupture several times in these years. Very suddenly, a few hours before loving us.
In those periods, contacts with ex, in some even restart relationship. Then come back.
I've always been kind, and accepting.

Since I started reading BPD I try to validate it at that time. And I think much better. Also valid in everyday life. I love him very much, and I suffer a lot when he distances himself. I think that these periods of distancing coincide with anecdotal episodes where he feels hurt by something, even insignificant, a tone of mine, a word. That is accumulating day by day.

If I am firm, sometimes it works, what happens is that I am afraid to set limits, and if I tell you that I don't like something, I usually feel hurt and a conflict begins. So I try to keep myself calm and kind, although I don't always always get it 100% like today.

In this month he has felt the need to move away twice, and accepted and respected. I receive it with open arms when he returns. What happens is that I am suffering and I want to take care of myself, I don't know what is better.
Upon returning this week very loving and small anger or quarrel with me for a word, a face, twisting what I say, I try to accept that it is so.

Yesterday, he caught me vulnerable and when he hinted to me that he was leaving a few days again, I told him that well, that he really went away and did not come back, that I suffer, that we be friends. At that moment he approached me. I realized that I can not be without him, that I do not want to hurt him, I expressed that what happens to me is that when he goes away I am suffering and I do not want to suffer or for him to suffer. I want us to be fine. He told me he didn't know. I told him that he not only leaves, but that there is hardly any communication, that I need to have some news, that if one morning I wake up sick or he needs me or is sick I want there to be a way to communicate. He admits that it is so, and that he will. So I tell him that I respect his need to get away whenever he wants. That everything is fine. After that, we approached and wonderful night.

And this morning, affectionate, all good, I say that when I need a few days ahead, that everything is fine. And in a moment talking later he corrects me by my way of expressing myself to something he tells me, nonsense, he tells me that I turn around - I didn't even know what he was talking about, seriously, totally lost - he tells me that we We communicate well, maybe it goes away. I feel bad, I know that I have to stand there, but I am human and I have failed ... I tell him to do what he does, I fail him, let him go, let him go. He tells me that he does not wait a few hours, that he is leaving, that I hurt him, that I am aggressive. I tell him that I understand, I try to validate him.
Pick up your stuff and leave. My phone has been locked. I know that I have failed, that I have been vulnerable, and I have not remained super quiet and firm. I would like to write you an email. I feel that it is not like other times, since I never told him to leave, and I feel he feels that I am leaving him, or feeling unsafe. I am suffering and I love him. I don't want him to suffer. I want to validate it. I would also like to set limits. The only thing I asked for is to be able to communicate if we need it and what you have done is block me when you leave.

- This time he was angry and it was the first time I had said annoying before, go away, go away, go away

- Then I changed my mind, but he already collected his things

- I fear he is more angry than ever, which shows that he has blocked me, he only did it once before

- I would like to apologize, or not to feel abandoned, even if the one who leaves is him!

- Although he has always come back, he always scares me when he goes that he really is the definitive and finds another person

- I want to be happy and take care of him, although I fear that I cannot always live that way, I am sad and angry with me, I cannot be angry with him in the background since I sense what is happening to him

- Maybe a brief, friendly and firm email?

I feel the extension of the message. I await any feedback. I know I was wrong and I would like to reverse it. I don't want him to feel hurt or unprotected. What I do.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any comments.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest