Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 07:59:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devastated, I cannot live my life like this anymore.  (Read 486 times)
6String
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: She hasn’t spoken to me in 5 weeks

« on: November 15, 2019, 08:15:56 PM »

Hi,

I am here because I am tired, confused, hurt, angry and profoundly sad. My only sister has a long history of raging, blaming, etc...and hasn’t spoken to me in 5 weeks.  Although she has done this since we were teens, we are in our 50s and I am beyond exhausted by this game. I cannot live my life like this anymore. I have learned not to react to her scathing texts, threats and cruelty. But it hurts me so much. I am very strong and am adept at sweeping my feelings away but this last battle has gutted me to my core. I am devastated by her cruelty at this stage of our life and just had an epiphany that she doesn’t really love me.  I am gutted. Neither of us are married or have kids.  We are a year apart and have many of the same friends, interests and activities making this more complicated.

I called a therapist and had my first session yesterday. I bought Stop Walking on Eggshells. I want to heal because I feel like I am in pieces and losing myself.  I feel scared because I am so angry with her, I feel like I want to hurt her too. I have lost weight, I cannot sleep. I know I need help. God help me and God help her.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:13:17 PM by Harri, Reason: moved from sond/daughter and changed name pursuant to guideline 1.5 » Logged
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:20:14 PM »

Hi.  I am glad you found us and posted.  You are in a safe place and with people who understand and can support you.  We have a lot of members with siblings with BPD.  These relationships can be devastating and are painful to deal with.  Things can get better for you though just as it has for many of us posting here.  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

Can you share more about what happened recently with your sister?  How long have you known about BPD?

Please share more as you wish to and in the meantime read and feel free to jump into other threads.  We all share and work together to support and encourage each other.

Welcome

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 11:20:29 PM »

What was this last battle, and how bad was it that you feel gutted?

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
6String
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling
Relationship status: She hasn’t spoken to me in 5 weeks

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 05:16:33 AM »

My sister hasn’t been diagnosed but my own research brought me here. Her behavior is so similar to BPD. She constantly tells me that I stress her out, that I am egotistical, selfish, controlling, judgmental. We were visiting friends at home in Oct. She does not get back there as often as I do and a guy she dated (35 years ago!) showed up at the bar and sat with us. Apparently I talked to him too long because when we got back to my moms, she fired off a scathing text accusing me of practically having an affair with the guy, embarrassing her in front of her friends and “ she would never do that to me”...I was completely shocked. Her drinking is usually a factor in these out bursts or at least another influence.

She ruined my trip that weekend because she wouldn’t talk to me and hasn’t since Oct 4. I asked a week ago if w could sit down and clear the air before we go home for Thanksgiving but to no avail.  She travels for work and I used to help watch her dog who I am VERY attached to. She punishes me by keeping me away from the dog despite me helping care for her for over 10 years.  She hired an enabler who is also codependent and very dysfunctional to care for the dog. 

I know any day now, she will snap out of it and act as if nothing happened. That is the pattern. But I am so tired of the dance! So tired of being treated like dirt when I have helped her in so many ways. I am not perfect by any means but I do not push buttons or instigate fights. I want to fight back so badly but know that is what she wants. I would never take this crap off anyone but she is my only sister and know someday, we will be all each other has.

It is terrifying for me that she can be so heartless, cold and triggered by the smallest thing and a reality I cannot see. How can I navigate that? I would love it if she would go to therapy with me but know better. She has never, ever apologized to me in my life—-she just decides she is over it and expects me to move on as if nothing happened. I don’t want to fight but I don’t want her to think I am accepting this behavior.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest