Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:24:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope I'm doin' this right  (Read 359 times)
CardiSolum

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: living together

& the truth of the matter is I need to let you go

« on: December 18, 2019, 07:15:22 PM »

New here.  Do users get profile pics, or just admins?  Embarrassed to admit that I couldn't figure it out.
Anyway, I've clicked on these kinda sites once or twice during the last hell-year but never really entered one.  Guess it's time, because I just can't take the feeling of being alone anymore.  I'm sharing my home with someone who turned out to be not at all what they fronted themselves as for years...  in their words, 'so they wouldn't have to be alone.'  So, hi.

She's not coming back
Kiss the goat.
CardiSolum

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »

Something I guess I'd add is that I'm really struggling right now with 'fly up high' behavior; aka, that she has 'returned' to the home and to the relationship turned attempted friendship and is attempting behavior I have previously seen called 'flying one up high only to drop them down low.'  In other words; giving me attention, affection, actually listening to me and remembering what I say, talking about what I want or like and showing actual interest rather than dismissing me or these topics or things.  While my instinct is to of course chase this and to think, 'Ah, she's finally figured it out!  She wants to be friends, really good equal friends-' I know from a decade- yup, a decade- this just can't be true.  She's doing this to get me close and then drop me down so I break my back on the stones below.  Happens every time.  Right now I have no choice but to live here, and regardless, I do want to be friends.  What are some good ways to resist being flown up high?

She's not coming back
Kiss the goat.
CardiSolum

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »

Also, we all know how the internet is about psychology.  That said, I've seen a lot of posts about 'narcissists' that would fit this woman to a tee.  Is that a real thing, being a narcissist?  Or is it only an insult?  Can you be one and have BPD?

She's not coming back
Kiss the goat.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest