Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 10:53:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Plan for the Future?  (Read 373 times)
paperinkart

What is your sexual orientation: Confidential
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Together (But It’s Tough Lately!)

« on: January 22, 2020, 03:17:58 PM »

Hey guys!

I’m just wondering how you guys make future plans with your SO when things are always so uncertain and up in the air?

Any trips we’ve taken have always been so wonderful but planned so last minute. Im scared to make long term plans for things like travel, because what if we’re not speaking in 6 months from now?

Last week we were talking about how fun a trip to Europe would be in the summer, and this week, things are rocky again. I would hate to schedule something and lose a ton of money right before because we suddenly aren’t together.

Even RSVP-ing for a wedding is tricky. Last year, we were both so excited to attend a wedding together and then days before, I had to shamefully call my best friend and tell her I would be attending the wedding alone after all. It’s embarrassing and I feel like I just want to be a “normal” couple who can plan trips and stuff without worrying so much!

How do you guys make future plans?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Jwood

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Cycling between together/not together

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:59:24 PM »

Hi Paperinkart,

I've struggled with this too. The longest period we were together without a split was 10 months and we managed to plan and go on a trip to the UK during that time.

There have been plenty more times especially this last year where i feel uncertain too. I have his and his kids Christmas gifts for example since he split right before Christmas. We were to spend it together and i was making dinner for the entire family but that all changed last minute. Embarrassing for me too.

I don't have an answer for you but wanted to express i know how you feel. I think in future, if there is a future, it's a topic that needs discussion.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest