Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 08:16:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Life has its seasons - feeling healed  (Read 369 times)
Formanian

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: broken up

« on: September 02, 2020, 03:50:24 PM »

Hey everyone,

I have not been on this forum for a long time. With this post I want to give people that are struggling some hope. When I first came here I was completely devastated and lost and some of you helped me by listening and giving advice. At the time I felt very lonely and depressed and these feelings were so severe that it felt like they would never end. That I would always feel bad. That the breakup triggered things inside of me that I wasn't able to process.

I felt like I 'drowned' in these feelings for almost two years. I became unemployed and sometimes had very dark thoughts. At times bordering on suicidal...

I created this post to hopefully help anyone that feels like this right now. Because whenever I heard people around me say that life gets better I thought that they just didn't understand. But as I found out these last couple of months - it does. Life has its seasons. Feelings do not last forever. And you can and will get over the hurt and the pain and the confusion and loneliness.

For me, things began to change when I took responsibility for my feelings. When I stopped trying to 'fix' anything anymore with my ex and accepted there are people that you just don't need in your life - even if you love them. When I didn't blame her anymore for the hurt caused but tried to look at what it said about me that I allowed someone to treat me that way - that is when things changed.

For the first time in my life I feel completely comfortable single. I am a lot quicker to say no to women and don't allow anyone to walk over me anymore.

This was a slow process. Besides meditation and therapy there were a lot of mundane things that helped me along the way: making new friends, going for long walks, eating healthily, doing more sports and trying to sleep well.

Not only did I get into a better mood, but slowly I gained more energy to focus on my own interests again.
At this moment I have a well-paying (albeit temporary) job helping map the spread of the corona-virus. I also began chasing my lifelong dream of being a writer. I am currently working on my third article for one of the bestselling magazines in my country (the Netherlands). Lastly; to process my feelings I began collaborating with a music producer and created an EP that will land on Spotify this November Smiling (click to insert in post) 

Everything seems to be going well at this moment in my life. I almost don't recognize the person in my older posts anymore. I know that these feelings probably will also not last forever but hopefully this experience made me a little stronger to battle life's storms along the way. And hopefully some of you will be more hopeful in your own healing journeys.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy. If you are struggling, please hold on. I know that some of your stories are far heavier than mine - but I also know that you will eventually heal. 

"Your heart is a muscle
the size of your fist
keep on loving
keep on fighting
and hold on
and hold on
hold on for your life"
- Ramshackle Glory 

Learning_curve74

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:48:40 PM »

Formanian, thanks for sharing! If the forum had a "like button" I'd push it on your post. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Keep on going, keep on growing!  Way to go! (click to insert in post)

Goosey

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 10:25:47 PM »

“Like” also! 

shikai

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 03:57:29 PM »

Thank you for sharing. I needed this today!  With affection (click to insert in post)
BuildingFromScratch

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:39:31 PM »

Congrats on all of your successes and for being in a better place in your life.
lateappointment

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 04:21:38 AM »

Thank you for this! I really appreciate the motivation.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest