Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:43:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How the covid virus helped change me. Did it change you?  (Read 353 times)
Nickerdoodle

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: November 11, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »

It has changed me.  Changes were starting to come anyway but slowly.  The virus sped things up more than I thought possible.  I found myself thinking "Oh, my.  I am sixty.  I have no time left for overly distorted people anymore."  I am trying to figure out what I want for the rest of my life and who I will allow into it.

I suppose I could call my relationship with my sister a covid casualty.  Because of it I had a lot of time to think about how I want my life and then when she pulled her latest stunt the glaring difference between how I want my life and how it actually is with her it...well...it is not okay by me.  I won't have it in my life and she can't or won't change.  I am lucky though.  She is going to pout to her grave so not much chance of any interaction between us.  I can just get on the bus Gus and set myself free.

So, I sort of buried a sister but I got something  a lot sooner than I would have had the virus not given me so much time to think.  How about you?
madeline7

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 10:35:44 AM »

I also took a hard look and re evaluated my uBPDm's behavior and the effect it had on me and my dysfunctional family. Lifting the veil on the rampant dysfunction was not pretty. But needed to be done. And creating a more loving and peaceful life now by focusing on those relationships that bring me joy. The sad part for me was realizing that my FOO is unhealthy for me. I do have an elderly Mom so feel some sense of responsibility to maintain LC, but in her world, it's black and white and all or nothing. But the struggle is a bit easier since Covid, as it really drives home what is important, and that life is precious.
zachira
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 03:15:06 PM »

The pandemic has also helped me to get my priorities straight. I appreciate what I have and don't want to waste any more time with abusive people. There are many fine kind people in this world.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest