Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 11:54:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At the end of a relationship with a BPD and dealing with the heartache-  (Read 371 times)
Parker00
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Breaking up

« on: November 27, 2020, 05:50:06 PM »

My GF of 4 years got divorced about 3-4 months before she met me.  I recently discovered that all of her odd, dramatic break-ups over the past 2-3 years and all of the fears of me cheating, all her insecurities, her demands of constant attention, and her love bombing/devaluing/discarding cycle is consistent with BPD.  Two weeks ago I discovered she had been having an affair with a guy at work for over a year- he, who is 27 years older than her- of course at 71, he is giving her outstanding attention!  When confronted, she stated, I just put you two in separate boxes.  She had two parallel relationships going on.  He provided her the constant adoration and attention and I provided all of the BF, home life, life partner stuff.  Sex has always been amazing but fell off a bit in the past 3-4 months.  Now I know why.  She wants me to move out; I want to stay.  The hurt is incredibly painful.  We remain friends.  I want to confront her new lover and tell him I will not out them- I am actually concerned that if he ends it, she may have nothing to fuel her and no one to lean on and may become suicidal.  She tells me that I must go because “I have hurt her too many times and that if I hurt her ever again, she’d jump in front of a truck.”  I am now the bad guy.  She sees only in BW, never nuanced shades of grey.  I have the book Walking on Eggshells.  She and I are textbook.  This is scary but I love her unconditionally.

Do I confront her lover who is an MD and try to explain to him what he is involved with?  Do I consult her ex husband whom I’ve never to see what happens to their relationship?  Do Inspeaknto her parents who likely have no idea but have been thru all of her rocky relationships before? 

How do I resolve the internal conflict of thinking I should’ve done more I should’ve paid more attention I should’ve listened better and better understood what exactly hurt her the most how do I resolve the conflict that I could’ve done more and I could’ve done it better. I feel terrible. I’m so in love with her. How do I get over this how do I reframe this so that it’s not my fault. How do I understand and except what’s happening to myself and how do I stop thinking about her all the time how do I stop looking at her and loving her so much how do I stop looking at her hands her face her hair and relishing it all. I don’t know how to do this. How do I reframe this conversation in my head that she is the problem not me. I feel like they were so many places along the way I could’ve done a better job, listened better, and really understood her needs better. Part of me feels like I was selfish at times and took her for granted at times. Which is probably what I did my previous marriage; if anything I’ve learned take nothing for granted and appreciate everything. How do I stop wanting to get her back?

Open to answers from anyone.  The BPD website articles have been very helpful.  I objectively know I need to leave and not look back; I’m so in love with her- now that I truly know her and understand it all, I want to stay.  She does not know that she has BPD.  And, she wants me gone but let’s me linger for a few more weeks.  To be kind perhaps?  Or seen me begs to stay?  I don’t know.  Trying to find a new place to live.  We stay friendly and friends most of the time.  She sometimes messes around with me, FWB style but will not kiss- no real love expressed, just a quick O now and then and then nothing in the way of overt affection.  Too weird... The other guys gets the love and attention while I remain mostly the bad guy it seems.  Splitting is what I believe this is called.  Out with the old, in with the new.

Many thanks for listening!

Parker
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:34:24 PM »

It seems any interference from you, such as informing her love interest or her parents could be problematic, and I’m sure you’ve already thought of how that could turn out.

What about her is so compelling to you?

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest