Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 04:56:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got a call from a strange number today, didn't answer  (Read 355 times)
crushedagain

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 05, 2021, 10:12:08 PM »

My ex was from out of state. When we first started dating, she still had a cell phone number with that out of state area code. She kept that number for a while, but ended up getting a new cell phone with a local number. I have never known anybody from that state in my life aside from her.

A call came in today from an area code I did not immediately recognize, and there was a name attached that I also didn't recognize. I ignored it because I only take calls from people I know. There was no voicemail. When I got home from work tonight I Googled the area code. That's when it dawned on me, it was the same area code my ex used to have. Hmmm. I checked the name on Google, and the woman is indeed from the area my ex is from, but appears to be much older, in her 70s.

I don't know why, but I started thinking it was maybe my ex calling from somebody else's phone, like an elderly family member. I Googled me ex's name, and I found a recent post in an online obituary from somebody with her name. The man who had died was in the same town as the one this number came from. I don't know if this means anything but it all seems a little too coincidental. My ex has a very unusual last name, especially the spelling.

I normally don't go into detective mode, but once I remembered the area code I started the sleuthing. Anyway, the whole thing kind of triggered the memory of when I met her and her out of state phone #, and I was wondering if she was reaching out after having moved back "home," so to speak.
cash05458

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together/possibly breaking up

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »

Crushed my friend...it's good to stay aware of these things...don't answer any calls from that state...you could be right...but heck, I wouldn't pay much mind...they give us enough problems with everything anyhow, no need to overthink it...if she did, who cares really...if it was her she will try the blocked number trick prolly...just keep on your way and forget all about it!
crushedagain

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »

Crushed my friend...it's good to stay aware of these things...don't answer any calls from that state...you could be right...but heck, I wouldn't pay much mind...they give us enough problems with everything anyhow, no need to overthink it...if she did, who cares really...if it was her she will try the blocked number trick prolly...just keep on your way and forget all about it!

I don't get many spam calls. Very few people know my number aside from friends, family and business acquaintances. The few spam calls I receive typically say "scam likely" from T-Mobile. That's why this is weird - a call from a phone with the same area code she had, from a state across the country where I've never received a call from aside from her. Her state's got 9 different area codes, and it just so happens to be the same one? Odd.
cash05458

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together/possibly breaking up

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »

Oh, you could be right Crushed...I guess my advice is even it it is her pay no mind...don't let it spook or worry you...enough of that right? We have done enough worrying...let her call and try...ignore...it's all sorta meaningless with them anyhow...
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest