Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 02:16:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone noticed after you get out your sexuality starts returning?  (Read 387 times)
cash05458

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: living together/possibly breaking up

« on: February 09, 2021, 06:19:51 PM »

This will be a little strange to say here...but meant well...via those getting over a bad relationship..has anyone noticed after you get out of these things your sexuality starts returning? I think we turn off to them...via all the stuff...and when they are gone...that feeling returns...has anyone else noticed this as I have? It's like you wake up again to life once they are out of your system...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:21:00 AM by once removed » Logged
cash05458

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 10:10:51 PM »

just curious...has anyone else noticed sexual awakening when it is really over with a BDP...I have...it's strange...but noticed I woke up when we were done and our long history...was blamed for so long about sex and bought into it...I know this is touchy stuff...but waking up to sexual feelings again has been important...very curious to see what others think...I think this is an important thing going on for Nons and worth talking about...
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:23:56 AM »

are you talking about sexual attraction to our ex partners, or to other people?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
MrRight

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 04:09:20 AM »

This will be a little strange to say here...but meant well...via those getting over a bad relationship..has anyone noticed after you get out of these things your sexuality starts returning? I think we turn off to them...via all the stuff...and when they are gone...that feeling returns...has anyone else noticed this as I have? It's like you wake up again to life once they are out of your system...

YES and YES

All the abuse kills sex in you - and then you are free - the difference is you feel alive, you open like a flower on a sunny summers day after all the long periods in the cold darkness.
cash05458

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 05:22:22 AM »

I hope it isn't inappropriate to mention such a thing...if it is, please just kill the thread...but yes, this is something I noticed...those feelings start returning once they are out of our lives...
cash05458

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 07:17:01 AM »

so true Mr. Right...just realizing this...it's a nice thing and a surprise to feel certain things again...you realize how much these relationships have simply taken away and deadened many of us inside and about life in general...my god, when I look back now and see the toll this relationship took...it's a nice payback for all the pain to start to feel things again...
cash05458

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 07:20:00 AM »

Once...no, not towards our ex's...not at all...or mine anyhow...and I simply mean a sexual feeling in general...life again once out...I don't mean anything crude...I see now how that feeling had been so muted for so long dealing with a bad relationship...it is all encompassing and not in a good way of course...
Cromwell
`

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 07:50:19 AM »

cash it might be a very good sign that your depression is lifting. When it relates to mood, most doctors will ask about sex drive, sleep, appetite changes as metrics
Carguy

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 08:07:04 AM »

This caught my attention! I just talked to my therapist about this the other day. When I was with my ex BPD she wanted sex frequently and I struggled to want it as much as she did. It actually bothered her. There were times that I felt pressured into sex. I figured maybe because I'm in my forties now that my testosterone is dropping causing my desire to be less but now that we are apart I am feeling the same. I don't know if it's from being lonely and missing sex but I told my therapist I also wonder if all the fear of being left again and hurt again as I have been in the past with her added up to my not feeling real sexual with her.
cash05458

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 08:22:07 AM »

Cromwell...yes, I think so...and Carguy, interesting...I found the exactly the same...I had lost all desire...I don't mean this in some crude way about just wanting sex...nothing like that...I think these relationships are so all encompassing and take up so much of our emotional and physical life that when done, feelings and such start to return...not only sexuality, but other feelings about life...it's like we have been held underwater for so long and finally come up for air...and the things we thought dead and gone return...life has some nice surprises when we finally start facing it and ourselves maybe? It's a giveback if you know what I mean...
B53

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »

Cash,
It’s wonderful that you are starting to look forward to the future again! Such a big step! Hopefully the people who are just beginning their journey will see that there can be light at the end of the tunnel and everyone here is cheering them on!
B53
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest