Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 03:19:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You just ignore me  (Read 505 times)
MilfordGranger

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: February 25, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »

I've posted about this in conjunction with other stuff, but looking for some direction on this specifically.  Often times when my W gets into her rages or is focused on all the negative, it becomes a viscious cycle, I often don't know what to say because everything seems to turn into me "not caring", "not loving her", "her coming last", etc, so I tried to avoid the topic.  I then get accused of ignoring her.  I try to explain I just don't know what to say and/or I don't want to make her upset.  She's essentially self isolated herself for months (while we're home), I'd say 90% of the time.  Of course now I'm trying to keep her from our daughter or any other myriad of things.  I'm at a loss.  I can't break out of this cycle.  To make matters worse we relocated 1500 miles from where she/we grew up an so she has this threat of basically leaving and taking my daughter (who she has always said we would do 50/50 and be amicable if anything happened, this was as a result of how nasty my ex is).  I know there is a lot to unpackage which is why it's so hard to have a coherent thought to get direction.  I'm trying to absorb as much as I can so we can at the very least get out of this crisis. Paragraph header  (click to insert in post)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ThanksForPlaying

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:09:04 PM »

I hear a lot of these same comments. It often gets turned into "you only care about money" if I try to work for any time at all after sitting by her side all day. It plays into my own feelings of inadequacy and desire to please. I try to keep in mind that it's just not true, and that her own feelings about it will pass and change (often very quickly). I don't want to enable her abusing me with insults, but as long as it's just these illogical feelings, I just know that in 10 minutes, an hour, a day, they will change, and she'll deny she ever felt that way.

One interesting thing is, it's usually at least once a day that she feels like I don't care about her, and I used to think she felt like this for days and weeks at a time. But then I realized her feelings are flipping many times a day and I was just missing the "good" flips. So I try to catch the good times and run with those, knowing another flip is always coming.
MilfordGranger

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:15:12 PM »

I feel like it’s constant or weeks at a time right now, but as you said maybe I’m missing some of those moments. She clearly is having depression issues right now (and has for some time as well).  Currently she’s on there are zero people invested in the relationship and it takes two and that it’s broken.
ThanksForPlaying

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 08:59:26 PM »

I've had relationships where I decided it was broken and left, and I've been broken up with the same way. The fact that she's "decided it's broken" and still wants you to know that she's decided that, and "what are you gonna do about it?" suggests some bpd thinking.
MilfordGranger

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 09:31:45 PM »

Yeah. Like I said I just don’t know how to break the cycle.  She’s been texting and now is back to the you don’t even care, I mean nothing and I just don’t know how to respond because next it will be back to “see ignoring me again”
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 02:15:25 AM »

friend, echoing what i said in another thread, it would really help you to commit to a path, and stick to a thread, and one issue at a time. drill down. focus.

you will not gain ground just throwing out a question. the only sense i have as a reader is that your relationship is bad, and you are stressed out. its hard to know where, or how to help.

believe me: i know you are overwhelmed, and a great deal is going on at once. if you can drill down and focus with us, we can help you unravel this.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest