Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 06:31:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheeseburger  (Read 384 times)
ThanksForPlaying

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: March 01, 2021, 10:09:39 PM »

Leaving this here for a laugh - but also because it's sadly serious.

Today pwBPD brought home cheeseburgers for dinner. 5 minutes into chatting, started a disagreement that escalated, "you don't care about me", "I don't need anyone in this world but myself", all the usual stuff. I finished my cheeseburger.

pwBPD threw own cheeseburger at the TV, causing a sloppy cheeseburger explosion, and left the room. Then came back, pointed at the mess, and said "you did this". I said "I definitely didn't throw that at the TV". pwBPD says "you made me mad". Few minutes later "I'm hungry and I want a cheeseburger - get me a cheeseburger". I said no, pwBPD stomped around for a while and is now sleeping soundly beside me.

There's definitely alcohol involved here too, which makes it harder to untangle bpd/booze. Nevertheless, I felt like I had superpowers with the way I held my boundaries. I didn't do anything special - this could easily have gone a much worse direction. But for now I'm satisfied with the relatively calm result as I watch the tomato sliding down my flat screen.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Slartibartfast

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Very married

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:36:09 AM »

Well done with keeping your cool. In my book, that IS superpowers.  Way to go! (click to insert in post) I struggle, and usually I can hold it in, but JUST BARELY. But what I really want to do is burst out and scream "WHAT THE ACTUAL  Cursing - won't cause site restrictions at Starbucks (click to insert in post)?"

Cheezeburger really got me though. Funny/Not Funny for sure.  We have so many food picadilloes in our house, which have led to SO many outbursts.  Remember Cheezburger cat?  He's just wonderful, isn't he? He's got that thick sort of fur you can really just bury your fingers in to, and probably lots of fat too. Distract distract distract!

Good luck out there.

khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 05:07:35 AM »

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) priceless!  From now on my mantra in those classic BPD moments will always be "cheeseburger".
Yes, you are superhuman. An inspiration.

Sense of humour failure would always be the greatest loss, so thank you for lightening up my day Smiling (click to insert in post)

Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:32:36 AM »

I really needed a laugh. Thank you. Seriously though, good job not taking blame and letting her deal with her emotions. Will you leave the tomato for her to clean it up?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 09:46:57 AM »

I find it interesting how we have additional unrecognized superpowers where we can make them do bizarre things. (“You made me do it.”)

Yet, we somehow cannot make them behave consistently like kind and attentive partners. But we then are accused of being manipulative?

When you have a BPD partner, having a good sense of humor is priceless!

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest