Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 09:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent New Years message  (Read 367 times)
idk123

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend
Relationship status: Discarded

« on: January 02, 2022, 03:13:54 AM »

I stupidly sent a message to my friend with BPD that I miss so much. I had gone two and half months without trying to contact him (he has me blocked on everything). I saw he had a Telegram account and sent him a New Years message that said the following:

Despite everything, I’m happy that we were friends. I miss our odd little adventures around the city. Climbing on top of the Cartier building, sneaking into the gallery stairwell…the time you decided it was a good idea to play Russian Roulette with our fingers, that bike chain that PLEASE READed your ankle, and a random metal bar. 2021 was the first year I started feeling happy again and challenging my OCD. Seeing my family regularly again, getting over James, cleaning out my apartment. I don’t think that any of that would have happened as easily for me if I hadn’t started talking to you and getting out of my stupid apartment more. I think I was always sort of trying to repay that somehow. I’m sorry I failed at that. Happy New Years.

(The Russian Roulette thing is just a joke about when we were trying to fix a bike chain that went on to fail and cause him to get in an accident)

I feel like such an idiot for sending that. I'd already sent him a stupid Christmas card in the mail, which he obviously ignored. I know he's either just sent something really mean back, or he's just silently blocked me on that platform as well, but I have OCD, so now I haven't slept in almost two days, can't eat, and am just a mess. I'm just obsessing about having done that and worrying that I've made him hate me more.

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

WhatToDo47

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 03:21:14 AM »

I feel you. I posted something today on a similar note. I think I also have some OCD. Don’t beat yourself up. I spent hours perfecting the wording on messages like that over my 5 year marriage. It didn’t matter 1 bit. Your message is genuine and sweet. His response to it is unpredictable and unrelated. His response depends almost entirely on his current emotional turmoil. I know it’s easier said than done with the OCD. A psychiatrist friend of mine recommended writing out the possible outcomes. For example. 1.) No response, I continue my life. 2.) Mean response, don’t take the bait continue my life, etc. Then you can look at it when you start to obsess and act accordingly.

Also, it helps me to post here when I’m tempted to reach out, and to read the stories on here to force me back into reality and not magical thinking that a nice message can cure BPD - a trap that I fall into still.

Take care and hope this helps. Do some nice things for yourself and take care of yourself (exercise, spend time with family and friends, pray if you do that, etc).

You’re not alone, by a long shot.
idk123

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend
Relationship status: Discarded

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 07:14:18 PM »

I just miss him so, so, so much
WhatToDo47

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 08:19:46 PM »

I just miss him so, so, so much

I feel you. I miss her so, so, so much, too. Do you have a therapist, family or friends you can talk to? That’s what gets me through. Now you’ve sent the message, the ball is in his court.

I’ve made it my New Years resolution to work on myself and not to accept any more abuse. The way he’s treating you is abusive, silent treatment, etc.

I’m no expert but I’m here for you if I can help somehow.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest