Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 04:12:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for advice or anyone that can relate - break up  (Read 187 times)
Anon1195
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: January 23, 2023, 04:34:06 PM »

Hello! This is my first post. I went through a rough break-up a few weeks ago and I am very happy I found this forum. For context, my now ex-boyfriend is confirmed/diagnosed with bpd. We were together over 1.5 years. I thought we were going to move in together. We got into an argument, it was very short and ended with him blocking me from calling or texting. I thought he needed just a few days to cool-off, but I was blocked for over two weeks. I didn't try to reach out in other forms (like social media) I thought about showing up at his place, but felt as though that would go badly or be perceived as stalking. So I just went no contact, I had no choice.

By the end of two weeks, he started adding me and unadding me on Snapchat (we are in our thirties btw). I assume he was trying to get my attention in some way. I was confused by this and thought it childish, so I did not engage. I figured, if he wants to communicate, unblock me and we can call or text. I am thinking this is an example of a charm tactic? One night I did receive a text from him - it was odd, putting the blame on me, thinking I was the one who moved on to someone else, he even said he was hoping I would randomly show up because he "likes a little crazy." So I tried to respond to this one and only text, but I was still blocked. So I took to snapchat where he wanted to communicate. We did end up meeting for a conversation. It felt good to see him face to face and I guess get closure. But what is breaking my heart is I feel like I messed up everything. That I should have reached out sooner somehow. I should have been more aware of his triggers. I can't stop blaming myself, I feel like I should have tried harder in that last conversation that I want to make it work. I realize I was discarded and splitting took place. Even in our last conversation it was all about the things I did wrong. He didn't even acknowledge he cut off communication with me which was so cruel and cold.

I am unblocked now. But don't even know what I would say. Even though I would love to reconnect (I don't know why, I miss him). And I'm secretly hoping for a recycle (a term I've just learned about).Typing this out has been cathartic. I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced similar and how they got over it. Thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 04:39:46 PM by Anon1195 » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Rev
Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced and now happily remarried.

The surest way to fail is to never try.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 05:58:16 PM »

Good evening Anon,

Welcome! Really sorry for what brought you here. Really happy that you found us.

I'd invite you to take a look around, visit the site a little.

In the meantime, I'd just like to say that what you are experiencing is normal, although not fun by any means.

I am answering this a bit on the run. I'll check in with you tomorrow?

Hang in there.

Reach out any time.

Rev
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest