Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 12:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ten  (Read 215 times)
Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

Ten
« on: February 21, 2023, 09:41:56 PM »

Today is ten years to date exactly when my pwBPD left me. Reflecting back on that day, the pain didn't settle in yet. I hadn't excepted reality at that point. The fear and panic wouldn't settle in until about a week after. I actually felt relief because I was going through the daily highs and lows that you experience with a pwBPD. It felt I was getting a break.

Everything was moved out from the kids bedrooms, with the exception of my things, the couch and a TV stand ( she took the TV ) I had to close the kids bedrooms because it was a reminder that they were gone every time that I had passed their room.

Today it feels like a distant memory, the pain was immense at that time, nothing like I had previously felt and I certainly don't feel the same way today. I didn't forget though Im a lot more conscientious today with what I will allow into my world.

With that said, it was an experience that helped me grow as a person, it allowed me to take the red pill and to see what was goimg on around me and it helped me delve into my past and to begin to understand why I was attracted to a person with borderline traits. For that I am grateful because it gave me a new lease on life but its nit an experience that I would wish to go through again. It's one and done.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 10:29:23 PM »

Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

Good to hear from you, Mutt. Thanks for opening up and sharing your reflections on the meaning of today. I get what you're saying about not wishing the experience on anyone else, even though you've grown and learned so much.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest