Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 09:14:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get pwBPD ex back  (Read 206 times)
hoould5917
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: February 13, 2024, 06:06:04 PM »

Situation goes:
My ex has BPD as well as BiPolar Disorder. I broke up with her like 2 months ago. Before this, we had been together for 5 years. I broke up with her because I was going through stuff, but I regret my decision. However, it wasn’t really a break up. We actually got closer.I got closer to her and her family. Plus we had sex for the first time during that breakup.

However, during this time I believe she’s been idealization some other guy. This other guy is not looking for a relationship, and he’s made it clear to her that he’s not. I don’t want her being taken advantage of. 

I want to know how to get her back. I tell her she’s painted me black, but she doesn’t listen. She’s not as romantic as before with me. She used to be very in my face & wants to see me all the time. We occasionally have sex still, so I do believe she still loves me, but I want her back like before, also in a relationship with me. Also, note that she has new girl friends that are influencing her & she mimics them to the dot. I want to know how I get her back. Right now, we’re “friends” and she says she wants to stay single.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

hoould5917
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 06:08:31 PM »

Situation goes:
My ex has BPD as well as BiPolar Disorder. I broke up with her like 2 months ago. Before this, we had been together for 5 years. I broke up with her because I was going through stuff, but I regret my decision. However, it wasn’t really a break up. We actually got closer.I got closer to her and her family. Plus we had sex for the first time during that breakup.

However, during this time I believe she’s been idealization some other guy. This other guy is not looking for a relationship, and he’s made it clear to her that he’s not. I don’t want her being taken advantage of. 

I want to know how to get her back. I tell her she’s painted me black, but she doesn’t listen. She’s not as romantic as before with me. She used to be very in my face & wants to see me all the time. We occasionally have sex still, so I do believe she still loves me, but I want her back like before, also in a relationship with me. Also, note that she has new girl friends that are influencing her & she mimics them to the dot. I want to know how I get her back. Right now, we’re “friends” and she says she wants to stay single.
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 10:22:18 AM »

Hi hoould5917 and Welcome

Blurry "breakups" can happen in a BPD relationship, as many members here can relate. You're not alone here.

I broke up with her because I was going through stuff, but I regret my decision.

What was going on for you?

How did she respond when you communicated to her that you wanted to break up?

I want to know how I get her back. Right now, we’re “friends” and she says she wants to stay single.

That's a hard position to be in -- to have initiated the breakup, and then to have her telling you she doesn't want to get back together. Not a great hand to be dealt -- but it is what it is, and you can work with it.

The key is probably going to be, as counterintuitive as it sounds, working on yourself and changing yourself.

Whatever the dynamic was between the two of you when you were together, something wasn't working -- the relationship broke. Going back to that with no change on either side means you may just repeat the past.

The only person in this dynamic you can change is yourself -- not her. While there's no guarantee of "just work on your own mental wellness and you'll be rewarded with her returning", it's the only change you have 100% control over.

Have you had a chance to check out our article on What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship yet? Read it over and let us know what stood out to you. Relationships with pwBPD aren't always intuitive, so it's important to learn new, healthier approaches if you want a reconnection to have any chance.

Are you in any kind of counseling or therapy right now?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 10:23:02 AM by kells76 » Logged
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest