Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 24, 2024, 08:53:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type. See link for test below. ( ) = percentage in the US population.
ISTJ (11.6%)
ISFJ (13.8%)
INFJ (1.5%)
INTJ (2.1%)
ISTP (5.4%)
ISFP (8.8%)
INFP (4.3%)
INTP (3.3%)
ESTP (4.3%)
ESFP (8.5%)
ENFP (8.1%)
ENTP (3.2%)
ESTJ (8.7%)
ESFJ (12.3%)
ENFJ (2.4%)
ENTJ (1.8%)
---> See first page of thread for data table!

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 14  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self reflection. Take a look. Take the test. What are your results?  (Read 38609 times)
loveisblind

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2011, 03:10:10 PM »

I am the typical ENTJ. my exBPD was an INTJ.
runninggal81

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »

ENFP [ 8% of US population/ 14% of bpdfamily participants]

Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency. More Info

I'm an ENFP.

"Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves."
susanleona

« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »

INFP, but close to INTP which I need to be to detach.

just_think
formerly "thinkpensive"

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »

INFP here as well, with a pretty even T function. (Us INFP dudes are pretty rare/ awesome if I do say so myself)

There's a reason we are called "healers" - I think they are partially drawn to that.

Not sure exactly, but I'm fairly certain my ex was INFP as well. Maybe I was drawn to her... .

Learning about the MBTI functions has been pretty interesting post break up and this topic has come up a couple of times before.

It seems moreso than the other types, INFP, ENFP, INFJ, INTP and INTJ are all drawn to those with borderline personality because on the outside, they seem so much more interesting than the rest of humanity.  Our intuitive types need a bit... .more than the average bear. Once that mask is lifted and we see the nothingness behind it though... .

As for the pwBPDs,  I ran across a thread on the BPD forums that showed the gammut of personality types. INTJ, INFJ, and INFP are all popular types though from what I remember.
Willy

« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »

It seems moreso than the other types, INFP, ENFP, INFJ, INTP and INTJ are all drawn to those with borderline personality because on the outside, they seem so much more interesting than the rest of humanity.  Our intuitive types need a bit... .more than the average bear. Once that mask is lifted and we see the nothingness behind it though... .

Thats it! I haven't heard about MB before, but when I read the description, every word hit home. I'll read more about it.

I can recognize for myself some co-dependency, altruistic narcisism, and even some BPD traits, but never enough to think thats it. Thanks for the thread backontop.

And yes just_think, lets not forget that despite the issues we have to work through we are awesome. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
just_think
formerly "thinkpensive"

« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2011, 12:32:23 AM »

Thats it! I haven't heard about MB before, but when I read the description, every word hit home. I'll read more about it.

I can recognize for myself some co-dependency, altruistic narcisism, and even some BPD traits, but never enough to think thats it. Thanks for the thread backontop.

And yes just_think, lets not forget that despite the issues we have to work through we are awesome. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Not just awesome. Totally awesome. 

Our type shares the most with BPD behaviors in my opinion.  We care much deeper than many other types.  When people leave our lives, it can affect us pretty bad.  Let's face it, we can be pretty good at tearing up too. 

Something we do different though is that almost all of us INFPs have a strong moral compass.  We are idealists.  We listen to John Lennon's (another INFP) and think "why not?"  The behaviors done by our BPDexes would never fly in a group of solid, healthy INFPs.
whitedoe

« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2011, 06:46:39 AM »

I'd be interested in taking this Myers-Briggs personality type "test"... .Can you take it for free or do you have to go to a professional? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

WhiteDoe
id-crisis

« Reply #277 on: December 19, 2011, 07:04:54 AM »

I'd be interested in taking this Myers-Briggs personality type "test"... .Can you take it for free or do you have to go to a professional? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

WhiteDoe

Hi White Doe, no you don't have to pay for it Smiling (click to insert in post)

I just took it again here and came out INFJ:

Here is the link to the test       

Please enter your score in the survey at the top of this thread!

LifeIsOn

Relationship status: New Relationship with a non

« Reply #278 on: December 19, 2011, 07:05:58 AM »

I have ISFP for sure.
HostNoMore

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »

I'm an ENTP.

I think it saved me from longer term abuse from my exBDPgf as we tend to take no BS and can be bluntly outspoken to a fault.  She still mirrored me and play me perfectly until she was ready to ditch me as she is a master of the art of BDP.  I just believe my ENTP characteristics helped get me more quickly(Thankfully!) into the devalue and discard parts of the relationship than what another MTBI types would get.  You either like ENTPs or hate our guts as we always have an opinion.

That can be restated in that I make for a very poor "door mat"which this is what the "Queen Borderline" absolutely requires.

RedRightAnkle

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »

Is it possible to be more than one? I took one test and it said I was ISFJ, which sounds like me, but then I took another test and it gave me INFJ, which also sounds like me. Having traits of both a "protector" (needing to be needed and intense loyalty) and a "counselor" (someone who has strong emotions and wants to help others) could make for somebody who ends up with a borderline.

I can't say which one I am more of though - which is kind of funny, because I'm a classic 6 on the enneagram chart, and they are known to be highly contradictory in their personalities - they can be one way, but they can also be the exact opposite. So maybe I'm just a bit of everything!  Being cool (click to insert in post)
whitedoe

« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »

ENFJ
Warm, empathetic, responsive, and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group, and provide inspiring leadership.

Thank you, B! Just took it... .

WhiteDoe is ENFJ... .Hmmm? I am not so familiar with this... .Interesting!

E   N   F   J

Strength of the preferences %

11   38   25   1

realityhurts

« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »

Is it possible to be more than one? I took one test and it said I was ISFJ, which sounds like me, but then I took another test and it gave me INFJ, which also sounds like me. Having traits of both a "protector" (needing to be needed and intense loyalty) and a "counselor" (someone who has strong emotions and wants to help others) could make for somebody who ends up with a borderline.

I can't say which one I am more of though - which is kind of funny, because I'm a classic 6 on the enneagram chart, and they are known to be highly contradictory in their personalities - they can be one way, but they can also be the exact opposite. So maybe I'm just a bit of everything!  Being cool (click to insert in post)

That's interesting, I just took the test again. Yesterday I was ISTP, today I am ISFP

I can identify with both descriptions to be honest.  If I'm schizophrenic then we're both artists.  
simon17

« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:18 AM »

INTJ all day every day.  Description scared me when I first read it because I always felt kind of different/unique and then it was basically like reading my own description of my own personality word for word.  At least INTJ's are quite rare so maybe my perception wasn't too off in being unusual Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).
just_think
formerly "thinkpensive"

« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2011, 12:40:37 AM »

We all have traits of both ends of the spectrum and it is really a percentage to one or the other.  For instance, I am roughly 55% "F" and 45% "T", 60% "I" vs 40% "E", etc... .So it can happen if you are really close.  I range from an INFP to an ENTP with NP being me two strongest traits. 

It's pretty easy to determine N vs S.  Do you look for meaning and layers?  What sort of education do you have?  Do you look at things as they are?  Do you like sports? 

Which of these describes what you see more?

1) Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[13]2) Attracted to symbolic actions or devices, Ni synthesizes seeming paradoxes to create the previously unimagined. These realizations come with a certainty that demands action to fulfill a new vision of the future, solutions that may include complex systems or universal truths

just_think
formerly "thinkpensive"

« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »

INTJ all day every day.  Description scared me when I first read it because I always felt kind of different/unique and then it was basically like reading my own description of my own personality word for word.  At least INTJ's are quite rare so maybe my perception wasn't too off in being unusual Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

INTJ's can be really rad  

Something about you guys... .
zoso80

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2011, 12:31:08 PM »

I test INFJ.

ellil

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

ENTP... .I don't know what ex was, but for sure he was an "E" and a "T"

M
zoso80

« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2011, 02:53:55 PM »

Fascinating and well put!

From my perspective, that is exactly what I ran into - what I thought what seemed so rich and interesting at first, when the mask came off there was nothing behind it. It was shallow and empty.  I was mortified. The real person was someone whom I abhorred. No ethics, morals, empathy or even nurturing. Nothing like who she promoted herself to be in the idealization phase.

My dxBPDgf tested INFJ as well. I'm not so sure though. With my learning of BPD and the chameleon thing exBPD did, I can't say I feel it's right she's an INFJ. I don't know what she was/is.

The lack of internal identity makes it so difficult to ascertain, at least to me, what their true Myers Briggs letters are.

It's all so - scattering.

As for the pwBPDs,  I ran across a thread on the BPD forums that showed the gammut of personality types. INTJ, INFJ, and INFP are all popular types though from what I remember.

HostNoMore

« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

I score very strongly on the E,T and P part of the tests.  My N an S usually closely, but N slightly outscores S.  I think of myself as a hybrid N/S.

This pattern has continued in the 15 years I've taken these test so it is very stable. 

bluesclues

« Reply #290 on: December 20, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »

Usually INFJ, but sometimes score ISFJ

just_think
formerly "thinkpensive"

« Reply #291 on: December 20, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

My dxBPDgf tested INFJ as well. I'm not so sure though. With my learning of BPD and the chameleon thing exBPD did, I can't say I feel it's right she's an INFJ. I don't know what she was/is.

The lack of internal identity makes it so difficult to ascertain, at least to me, what their true Myers Briggs letters are.

It's all so - scattering.

I wonder this as well.  Did she just subconsciously mirror me?  And that's why she seemed INFP? So much confusion... .

Those with BPD can definitely take the test and it seems that it stays stable to a degree for them from what I've read on BPD forums. 
bagua

« Reply #292 on: December 20, 2011, 09:14:47 PM »

Hmmm, well I'm an INTJ and my exBPDgf is an ENFP, so far I saw one BPD INTJ on here and one non so that's two of us non's to one of them in this category.  Us INTJ's are less than 1% of the population.  We can carry heavy emotion although we hide it pretty well and to most seem pretty un-emotional.  This is the part that always drove my exBPD nuts as she continually escalated things until she could find a way to get a rise out of me(she still is in fact by throwing her new boyfriend in my face only one week after trying to get me to break NC and spend time with her, which of course I didn't).
moonleaf

« Reply #293 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »

I'm an ESFJ although I answered the questions quickly just now and I'm a little brain dead because it's late!
leap of faith

« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »

Another INFJ here... .

I love the Myers-Briggs personality type system!

I have a fun book that is about identifying your child's personality type and the best way to parent him/her based on personality type.  It's called "Nurture by Nature: Understand Your Child's Personality Type - And Become a Better Parent."  I've been meaning to read it again (my kids are now 8 and 11 years old,) because when I first read it maybe 5 years ago, I couldn't decide where they fell on all of the dimensions.  Maybe now that they are older, I'll have a clearer sense of it... .

theladyc

Relationship status: single

« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2011, 11:40:03 PM »

I'm an INFP and have been labeled one by every test I've taken for the past twelve years.  I think it's my inherent need to nurture and heal that landed me in this situation!
OBcean

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #296 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »

ENFP.  Major score in the Intuitive part.  Like 100% in every sub-category. 
ajr5679

« Reply #297 on: December 21, 2011, 05:19:39 AM »

I am a INFP
Matt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #298 on: December 22, 2011, 03:01:00 PM »

Here's a comparison of bpdfamily.com members with the whole population:

I/E:  The whole population is 50/50 but bpdfamily.com members are 64% Introverted.

S/N:  The whole population is 73% Sensitive but bpdfamily.com members are 82% iNtuitive.

T/F:  The same:  60% Feeling but bpdfamily.com members are 62% Feeling.

J/P:  The same:  54% Judging and 56% Judging.

So we're more introverted than most people;  and more intuitive and less sensitive.

beyondbelief

« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »

ENTP

My E is actually very close to I and can change depending on mood.

N & P both very much so.

Interestingly years ago my T was quite high now coming closer to F.
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 14  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition
Top 50 Questions