Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:32:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type. See link for test below. ( ) = percentage in the US population.
ISTJ (11.6%)
ISFJ (13.8%)
INFJ (1.5%)
INTJ (2.1%)
ISTP (5.4%)
ISFP (8.8%)
INFP (4.3%)
INTP (3.3%)
ESTP (4.3%)
ESFP (8.5%)
ENFP (8.1%)
ENTP (3.2%)
ESTJ (8.7%)
ESFJ (12.3%)
ENFJ (2.4%)
ENTJ (1.8%)
---> See first page of thread for data table!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 14  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Self reflection. Take a look. Take the test. What are your results?  (Read 25372 times)
elphaba
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced (thankfully) and NC with EX - single and probably staying that way for a while

No good deed goes unpunished....

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 06:19:15 AM »

INFJ - looks like someone else here is too... .considering it is the most rare of all the types (only 1% of the population) I've just got to know who else scored the same as me.  who?

csandra

Relationship status: divorced since 11/07, separated since 12/05

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »

INTJ:  I 60.53  E 39.47

N 56.82  S 43.18

T 53.49  F  46.51

J 57.58   P 42.48
NewLifeforHGG
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »

I am an INFJ, elphie.

I am "I" but with a healthy E. Almost 50/50, but not quite.

onlyscarsremain

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »

INTP:

Introverted (I) 69.7% Extroverted (E) 30.3%

Intuitive (N) 58.33% Sensing (S) 41.67%

Thinking (T) 55.26% Feeling (F) 44.74%

Perceiving (P) 64.71% Judging (J) 35.29%

"Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

abc

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

The Duty Fulfiller - ISTJ

Loyal to a fault, that test pegged me pretty well, that also helps me understand why it is so hard to walk away from the abuse.

comity

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »

INTJ, leaning strongly toward INTP.

I think we all have weaknesses that make us susceptible to influence, whatever type we are, though the weakness in question may vary with type. In my case, I know that I think quickly but feel slowly; feeling is definitely an inferior function for me. My emotions tend to trickle in slowly over time -- I might not perceive how I really feel about something until a week or two after an event.

What I recognized this year (thanks to my BPD) is that I have the bad habit of using "social proof" as a first draft of my emotional state -- if other people are sad or happy, I probably am too. That means I'm used to being something of an emotional sponge. Emotional sponge + "dramatic" personality disorder == bad news. I'd better knock that off!
CrackedEgg1

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »

INTJ and proud of it, although I may not be anymore seeing that it's winning in the polls and does that signal a weakness to INTJ make up?

Or maybe it is our strength, that makes us more willing to deal with those with the problems that BPD folks have and like everyone else, we soon find ourselves out of juice after being sucked dry.
comity

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 12:59:47 PM »

I think it mostly signals that we INT types are on the internet a whole lot.
BlackElf

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »

I think it mostly signals that we INT types are on the internet a whole lot.

Heh... .  Depends... .  There seems to be a higher than usual proportion of ENTP's as well... .  :D

Matt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »

I am INTJ like many others.

Ideas why so many on this board are INTJ?  (In addition to Internet comfort?)

Thanks.

Matt

CrackedEgg1

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »

They say INTJ is rare, yet when I have done this on my own forum, INTJ was always a clear winner. When I was doing some work for a day-trading website, INTJ was off the scale (although I don't day-trade).

Two schools of thought... .a) INTJ's tend to be online more (as proposed earlier in the thread) or b) INTJ's tend to have unknowingly group together, sites they feel at home at... .sites that are less "fluff" and more practical.

I'm sure other BPD sites exist, but this one matches my personality. I suppose, if you look at it differently, J is for judging so maybe we tend to see things more quickly in others than other people do... .and we just want to get to the bottom of our sanity to make sure we are still on track, as we always thought we where.

CrackedEgg1

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »

Well, I think that is what I was getting at.

We can't assume that INTJ's are more likely to be involved with a BPD, as there could be many factors involved on why more INTJ's are hanging out on this forum. Considering my experience in seeing INTJ's always in the majority of sites I frequent, I would venture to error on the side that this forum/atmosphere is suited to our preference, vs we are more involved in BPD's than other types.

If indeed it was shown that INTJ's where more likely to be involved with BPD folks, here is what one site says about us in relationships:

Excerpt
Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :-) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

I think the "make sense" part is why we ware here, because nothing BPD's do makes sense to us. We can't "figure them out", we have tried all we can and our only hope is to go look for help elsewhere, like on this forum.

Matt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »

Thanks CE1 - that was the insight I was looking for.  Obvious now but not til you said it.

Regards,

Matt

oceanheart
BPD Educator

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

INTP

I've taken this in the past a lot, and I've come up a lot with:

(X)NTP, where X = 50% of both categories, i.e., I'm both introverted and extroverted, and the scores tend to differ only by a few percentage points, unless I'm depressed and then it's "I". But I'm ALWAYS "N" - this last test, it was 100%.

As an aside, when I was 9/9 for the symptoms of BPD at 20 years old, I was definitely InFp, but as I've gotten older (36 now) and into recovery - 1-2/9 symptoms - my feeling score has balanced out with my thinking and I am usually pretty balanced in those, too!
Christy2

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »

I'm also an INFP/ENFP (the E and I are so close its a tie!)  BUT my BPD husband is an INFP too - one of the reasons I thought we would be compatible!

You know, the funny thing is though - we ARE compatible enough to live comfortably with each other when he is not raging.  There is not alot of "spark" in our relationship which I think sometimes would be nice to have (but that is what the INFP description actually says would happen over time - kind of weird.)  But our basic value system is in line with each other - as long as he is not raging we make great roommates!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Another blessing I should be counting... .
SilentLucidity

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »

I'm an ENFP too.  Interesting pattern here Smiling (click to insert in post)
another_guyD

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2008, 09:55:34 PM »

ISTJ here... .
Bricolage

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2008, 05:13:45 AM »

I'm an INFP too. Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)   My partner is INTJ.  (He's also a non, it's his mother who is uBPD & my parents have some BPD/NPD characteristics but fall well short of meeting diagnostic criteria).

I read somewhere once that INFP is only approx 1% of the population, and INTJ approx 3%.
Isitme

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 05:35:43 AM »

I'm INFJ- Counselor Idealist.  Reportedly 2%.  It's surreal to take one of these assesments and have it spit out a description of you.  I wonder how Borderlines score?  If they are predominantly one type or if they have varied types like the rest of us?
Patty
Retired Staff

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »

ENFP.

I have taken it a few times and have always get the same result.

Go as far as you can see - when you get there you will see farther.

Appalachian

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »

INFP too.
hardatwork

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »

Annnnnnnnd... .another INFP here.
loki8447

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »

I've always come up either INTJ or ENTJ.  I must be right on the edge of extrovert and introvert.  I have to admit, the designation fits.  What's funny is that my husband came up almost my polar opposite.  His strengths are my weaknesses.  It seems to work out well.
Christy2

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »

I read that INFPs make up 5% - still plenty scarce! 

The NFP in us probably makes us ideal candidates for BPD spouses because when we see their issues we figure we can jump in and make it all turn out like a fairy tale. The STs or SJs would say siyanara fast!  But maybe not - if there are any STs out there, feel free to correct me.  Its a fun discussion.

My guess would be that BPDs don't fit any one personality type more than the other, because if they did, BPD would be a personality trait rather than a chemically based or psychologically based mental disorder.  But who knows?  It would be interesting to know.
rockwood

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »

Found this about INFP:

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healers present a seemingly tranquil, and noticeably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply — indeed, passionately — about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand INFP's, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The INFP is the Prince or Princess of fairy tale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1% of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

TRANSLATION:  BPD BAIT!
another_guyD

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »

I found a two more exhaustive tests and both stated I was an INTJ:

INTJ Strengths

* Not threatened by conflict or criticism <==== FAIRLY TRUE, I DON'T MIND

* Usually self-confident <=== ACCORDING TO THE SUBJECT (AKA NOT WITH A WOMAN)

* Take their relationships and commitments seriously <=== ABSOLUTELY!

* Generally extremely intelligent and capable <=== Others say I am this way.

* Able to leave a relationship which should be ended, although they may dwell on it in their minds for awhile afterwards <=== VERY TRUE... .Till the BPD

* Good Listeners <==== Very true... .at least people say so. Though I have changed some from BPD FLEAS maybe? PD traits

INTJ Weaknesses

* Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times <===== This has been said of me about my dealings with others, never my family

* May tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, rather than the desired emotional support <==== Till BPD I would very much agree with this... .what happened with her?

* Not naturally good at expressing feelings and affections <=== I am introverted. I hold feelings till there is a "good time" to release.

* Tendency to believe that they're always right <=== Laugh out loud (click to insert in post), I am wrong a lot and am happy to admit it... .perhaps I am stubborn though

* Tendency to be unwilling or unable to accept blame < Actually there is something wrong here, usually I am the first to step forward.

* Their constant quest to improve everything may be taxing on relationships <=== I do believe in constant improvement

* Tend to hold back part of themselves  <==== Absolutely (introvert)

* Interested in "optimizing" their relationships <===see improve

Interesting Test... .

Kinda vague, like a horoscope, though.

Questions are often situational, at least for me.

~AguyD

LavaMeetsSea

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2008, 10:02:21 PM »

ENFP, married to another ENFP... .we have plenty of spark but sometimes being around someone that knows me as well as he does makes me feel majorly exposed or like I don't want to deal with myself/him, then guilty since he can tell that I'm getting annoyed, and naturally he takes that personally.   :Smiling (click to insert in post)  Other than that though, it's fantastic to be with a spouse that's so in tune with my habits and motives.  He "gets" me - our greatest strength and greatest irritant, right there. 

Ah Patty - I laughed and snorted.  Figures, doesn't it?  Keirsey describes us as eager puppies, sticking our noses in everything, tail-wagging, thoroughly friendly and distractible.  The eternal devil's advocate.  Capable of convincing people the sky is orange with our silver tongues.  (Actually, if you've studied the physics of light, it really IS.)  Strange there are so many of us, since NF's of any kind are assumed to be less than 10% of the population.  Makes me wonder if that particular skill set is conducive to either getting out, or participating in an internet support forum, or if we were forced to overdevelop a reliance on intuition and feelings by our upbringings, the same way a blind person may develop audio or olfactory capacities beyond the norm.  Interesting topic.
NewLifeforHGG
Retired Staff

Relationship status: separated

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »

INFJ.

I am on the boarder of E though.

Moving On

Relationship status: Divorced, 19.9 years married, boys stay home, ex and I alternate weeks with them.

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

INTP.  Fits me pretty well.

www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html
onlyscarsremain

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »

I'm also an INTP

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 14  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information