Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 06:52:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: please help me out, how do you deal with their indifference towards us?  (Read 964 times)
HarmKrakow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »

How old is she? 7?

Quite a bit older.
saw_tooth

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »

Mine actually told me, "I feel indifferent towards you.  I don't care about you anymore.  I feel nothing for you.  You don't matter to me at all and I don't care what happens to you."

How did I deal with that?

Tears!  Lots of tears!  And panic attacks.  Those words... .and the words, "I don't love you anymore," really hurt me.  I know that was the point.  She was discarding me and trying to cause me as much pain as possible.  It worked.

Mine said the followinG(have posted this on other threads,re-stating )

-It was never a relationship

-I never wanted to come close to you

-I never felt anything for you

-Don't ever touch me again,it is wrong for me now that I am not a kid.

The ones in bold stung deep.

I cried all night,almost starved myself for a week and these words played in my mind like a broken record till I realized the intent behind them.More than the need to sting,these words stem from the need to go back to emotional safety.The harshness is merely a tactic to achieve that end.

It was this realization that helped me to let go and move on.
DragoN

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »

Excerpt
.More than the need to sting,these words stem from the need to go back to emotional safety.The harshness is merely a tactic to achieve that end.

How does that equate to emotional safety? Aren't they these black voids? And it's all the push / pull fear of abandonment and the Self Fulfilling prophecy?

In the BPD / Non r/s the emotional safety is compromised from the perspective of the Non has been my experience.
maxen
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »

Smiling (click to insert in post)

Keep NC, because the longer you stay away, the calmer and stronger you will feel. It's not easy, but it does work.

1 month no see, 3 weeks no email. yes it's hard but i'm sticking to it.

And no, the pattern will repeat in the next r/s . I saw it with my partner in our hiatus years ago. The same accusation he was leveling at me, he was leveling at her. Wasn't 3 months in and he had started up.

ok, good.

Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »

I just had a nice glass of my favorite beer and I Must say this is what I needed. I am in no way drowning my sorrows at the bottom of a vodka bottle. I sit here in my heartache, thinking so much.

How can I be a better person?

What's going to be different for me?

What lessons has she thought me?

Getting this thread back on course... .these are great questions Iamdizzy.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Iamdizzy

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2013, 12:34:53 AM »

Yes thank you suzn!

I hope I can squeeze In a few more posts about the subject before my post gets locked.

I try as often as possible to think about how I  will be different so I won't get caught up in this again.

I want to know why I stayed, why i, despite her behavior, stayed. Was it because she was raped and that alone tore down any boundary I had, is it something else? Deeply ingrained in me?

What can I do to make ME to move on from her?

How do I stop missing her?the more I think about her, as time passes, I panic because I'm still thinkin about her. I have some Sort of imaginary clock in my head that makes me think after x amount of time, I need to stop thinking about her and my feelings will go away.
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »

I hope I can squeeze In a few more posts about the subject before my post gets locked.

No worries Iamdizzy, you can start a new thread once this one reaches the full 4 page mark.

I try as often as possible to think about how I  will be different so I won't get caught up in this again.

It is great to self analyze. We all evolve over time, the more we know about ourselves the more we can ascertain about another. It's an interesting side effect of self awareness.

I want to know why I stayed, why i, despite her behavior, stayed. Was it because she was raped and that alone tore down any boundary I had, is it something else? Deeply ingrained in me?

When someone idolizes you it feels good. It speaks to our self worth and makes us feel worthy. Did you feel a need to make her life better? Did this need to make her life better give your life purpose?

How do I stop missing her?the more I think about her, as time passes, I panic because I'm still thinkin about her. I have some Sort of imaginary clock in my head that makes me think after x amount of time, I need to stop thinking about her and my feelings will go away.

First of all Iamdizzy you are being really hard on yourself. You are an individual and your grieving is yours and you will be done with your grief when you are done. There is no time frame that fits everyone. Go easy on you here.

Typically we fall in love with the person we think they are. An image of the "perfect" partner and realistically there is no such thing as a perfect partner, everyone has flaws. In other words, you are focusing on the good stuff. Integrating the good behaviors with the not so good behaviors makes her who she was/is.

That goes the same for us. We tend to focus on how great we were "I always did this or that for her, why did things go so wrong?" The great things we did triggered the fears in our exs. That is the disorder. We in turn may have had some not so good behaviors that inflamed their fears.

For me, my ex and her children triggered my need for a "family", the one I never had. The desire for the concept of a nuclear family was deeply ingrained in me. It gave me purpose once I had it.

Questioning ourselves and outright having conversations with ourselves with an open mind about what we got, the payoff, from all of our relationships helps us to look within at what's missing in our lives. What was missing for you? What void did she fill for you?

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Iamdizzy

« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »

Suzn,

I had a hellish weekend as I realized why I stayed and the issues I had.

However, I'm taking it with positive strides as I am a capable human being who is able to confront those feelings. I have suited up and mounted my horse and I'm going to charge head on.

I hope one day suzn, if our paths ever cross, I just hope I can tell her these words

Thanks, you tore open primal wounds in me. I charged head first into them to confront them. Because I want to be better. And because I don't want to be like you. I don't want to suppress. I want to fix and heal myself.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest