Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 28, 2022, 03:58:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Once Removed
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, I Am Redeemed, Mutt, Turkish
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUCCESS STORIES  (Read 139499 times)
Notwendy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »

Tina- This is a success story! A goal is to examine our own behavior- gain better boundaries and feel more secure with ourselves. We may be in a relationship with someone else or not be in one, but also we are in a relationship with ourselves.

Having overcome a way of being that wasn't serving me!

Yes, we are always in a state of progress not perfection. This is progress and success. Celebrate it!

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

formflier
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2022, 06:52:20 AM »

I want to join Notwendy in celebrating with you.  I was particularly pleased that you were able to identify the anxious feeling and realize that your email and actions were an attempt to quickly "make those feelings stop".

Keep up the hard work and keep posting about your journey.  We're all benefiting from your insight!!

Best,

FF

Relationship status: Unknown at this point

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2022, 08:16:25 PM »

Hello Tina,

It is good to hear you are trying to cope differently this time. I have noticed myself shifting in this way too. I don’t know whether I will have any further contact from my partner either. I do not intend emailing again, where in the past I would have been daily.

I have to say though, that the success stories I read about, are few and far between. And the change we see is only something within ourselves, not our partners. I have noticed the best advice on this website, the most valuable wisdom, is often coming from people with ex partners. It seems to me that there are some caring, beautiful souls on this planet, dispersed among the community. It is a tragedy that they are treated so poorly by some, or allow themselves to be.

These are very difficult relationships. I wish you luck and happiness.
formflier
Ambassador

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2022, 07:03:07 AM »

I know I have more work to do, whether my ex reappears or not. I chose to take a moment to cherish this recognition of having overcome a way of being that wasn't serving me Smiling (click to insert in post)

This is so well said!!!  Regardless of the outcome of this particular relationship, I would look forward to more updates on "your journey" to  a different "way of being". 

And hopefully you won't mind if I use that phrase "way of being"...   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Best,

FF

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2022?

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2022 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
Goldcrest
Lemon Squeezy
Mommydoc
SamwizeGamgee
Skip