Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 16, 2024, 04:24:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is also missing their Ex BPD?  (Read 2645 times)
BrokenBeat&Scarred

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 11:54:55 PM »

Thanks THE smaher,

Thank's for bein there the past day or so... it truly meant alot!

Thanks to everybody that has anything to do with this forum. It is a god send.  I know the roller coaster's not over but I just have to keep this positive way of thinking in the forefront...

I was exposed to triggers all day and felt myself going there, and did my best to redirect my attention, and holy crap does that work! you feel the thoughts creeping up a little more so you find something a little more involved to do... If you can't make what you're doing a little more involved... .Exactly like what you tell kids affraid of the monster in the closet... .If you don't believe in the monster, they have no power over you!

Now is the time where I make myself or break myself!

I am definitely donating to this site.

thesmasher

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 12:05:04 AM »

great job bud! Truly am proud of ya... .you gotta take pride in YOU... .ok? Even if tomorrow does not seem as bright when you wake up then grab a flashlight LMAO... .you can do it, its hard but it can be done! KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW YOU ARE DOING... .DO NOT BE A STRANGER ...

The smasher Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
Turmoil101

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »

I know this hasn't been commented on in a while... .  but I am 9 weeks out of my home with NC except for one phone call where my ex threatened to destroy my career. So, why do I miss my crazy soon to be ex wife? I don't know. I feel like I failed her, but I know there was nothing I could do for her and the BPD that she has. I can't even mention it to her as she'll use that as some kind of "disability" to screw me over in the divorce and alimony payments.

I am in my late 40s and have met a girl in her late 20s who treats me great. I know I should feel lucky to have a girlfriend in her 20s, attractive, educated, sweet at my age, but I still miss my crazy wife. She's the one I wanted. She's the one I can't have. I'm so damn sad over this.
HarmKrakow

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »

I know this hasn't been commented on in a while... .  but I am 9 weeks out of my home with NC except for one phone call where my ex threatened to destroy my career. So, why do I miss my crazy soon to be ex wife? I don't know. I feel like I failed her, but I know there was nothing I could do for her and the BPD that she has. I can't even mention it to her as she'll use that as some kind of "disability" to screw me over in the divorce and alimony payments.

I am in my late 40s and have met a girl in her late 20s who treats me great. I know I should feel lucky to have a girlfriend in her 20s, attractive, educated, sweet at my age, but I still miss my crazy wife. She's the one I wanted. She's the one I can't have. I'm so damn sad over this.

I doubt you miss your wife, I think you miss you the portrayal of a person she wanted you to see. That person, was fake, non existent. Thats what we unfortunately learn :' (
cookiecrumbled

Relationship status: D for three years

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »

Jay -

Thank you for posting this.  I miss him every hour of every day.  I doubt I go longer than 20 minutes without thinking of him or wondering where he is or what he is doing.  All of you who get contacted by your pwBPD - I am a little jealous b/c mine dropped me like a bad habit.  He returned once, for one evening (no sex, just kissing and crying and professions of remorsefulness) - but the next day he was gone again, never to be seen again. 

I will never understand why this happened.  I will never trust another person again because I am an excellent judge of character and I never saw it coming in 18 months together.  I handled the entire relationship prudently, took it slowly, delayed introducing him to the children for 6 months, made certain he was from a nice family, etc., etc.  And yet he still turned out to be a nutcake who cut my heart up like it was a sport.

What do I do when I am overcome with missing him?  Cry.  Now, I come to this board and read the recycling stories.  And I text my friends.  Or I turn on a movie or read a book.  I try to keep breathing b/c they say it takes time and if I keep breathing, then time is passing and I will be closer to that time when I will no longer feel like someone just punched me in the gut.

Cookie  :'(
HarmKrakow

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »

Jay -

Thank you for posting this.  I miss him every hour of every day.  I doubt I go longer than 20 minutes without thinking of him or wondering where he is or what he is doing.  All of you who get contacted by your pwBPD - I am a little jealous b/c mine dropped me like a bad habit.  He returned once, for one evening (no sex, just kissing and crying and professions of remorsefulness) - but the next day he was gone again, never to be seen again. 

I will never understand why this happened.  I will never trust another person again because I am an excellent judge of character and I never saw it coming in 18 months together.  I handled the entire relationship prudently, took it slowly, delayed introducing him to the children for 6 months, made certain he was from a nice family, etc., etc.  And yet he still turned out to be a nutcake who cut my heart up like it was a sport.

What do I do when I am overcome with missing him?  Cry.  Now, I come to this board and read the recycling stories.  And I text my friends.  Or I turn on a movie or read a book.  I try to keep breathing b/c they say it takes time and if I keep breathing, then time is passing and I will be closer to that time when I will no longer feel like someone just punched me in the gut.

Cookie  :'(

You are not alone. Smiling (click to insert in post) You will trust people again because this board gives you the signals and red flags for 'another time'.   I know what you are going through as do many others here.
dancinginthelight

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »

Missing him.  Wanting him to love and care like he used to.

Knowing he is giving himself to another makes me jealous and sad.

It has been nearly a year since I last saw him.

I think I drove him away. I had too many worries. Perhaps he finally saw

what a poor excuse of a woman and a mother I am.

Bet he is so glad he got away from me and all my problems.

Dont know if he has a PD.  More like its me who has.
babyducks

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »

I am.  Horribly.   I am the one who broke us up because I couldn't take it anymore and yet I miss her so badly I can't stand it.   

I keep telling myself to leave her alone,  that we are no good for each other, especially in the condition we are both in now. 

But G-d I would do anything to see a text pop in from her.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.
Confusedandhurt

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »

I miss my ex a lot.  It's been 6 long months, but feels like last week.  What makes it worse is that she still contacts me.  Based on the advice from this awesome group, I'm going to maintain strict NC going forward in hopes that it will discourage her.

Maybe a better question might be who doesn't miss their ex BPD?  Another website had an excellent perspective:  when we lose our BPD, we don't just lose that person, we lose ourselves as well.  For nearly all of us, we poured everything we had in to the relationship.  We put their needs above our own.  Over time for me, I simply didn't care what the impact was to me as long as she was happy.  Then she let me know in a text message that she decided to move on.  No meeting, no phone call, no email.  And it's still hard for me to remember the awful times.  The splitting, raging, accusations, and silence.  Hang in there thesmasher, you have friends here who know how you feel and who care.  I am certainly in that list!

Stay strong!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest