Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 02:55:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this what THEIR NC means?  (Read 707 times)
sheepdog

« on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:49 PM »

Hello all,

My pwBPD and I have not spoken in over five months.  At first, this surprised me, but after the first three weeks of no contact FROM him and ME not contacting him - I knew it was done and that our friendship was over.  I've read a lot on this board and I know that only three weeks NC is small potatoes but I just knew it.  He'd never gone that long not speaking to me before.  And I... .  I had always attempted to contact him.

So now here we are five months later.  I find the aspect of borderlines recycling people confusing.  So, I just want to throw this thought out there.

Would you agree that borderlines recycle people for these two reasons:

1.  They still have use for the non.

2.  The non still 'believes' in or hasn't truly 'discovered' all that they are dealing with.

My therapist said that borderlines like to have little collections of people and from reading here, I know that to be true.

But I believe that my friend will never contact me because he doesn't have a reason for me anymore and I know what he is about and he knows I know.  So, I am probably out of the woods then, yes?

Your thoughts?
jdcthunder14

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »

I have the same situation. My X is pregnant and with my replacement so I highly doubt I will ever hear from her again. The same as for you, all communication before I stopped was me to her (my need to understand.) I have also told her that I know who and what she is so there would be no way she could recycle me. All the better though, nothing good came from our time together and most certainly nothing good would come from any recycle attempts. Some things are better left dead and buried.
Thyrsos

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »

I have the same situation. My X is pregnant and with my replacement so I highly doubt I will ever hear from her again. The same as for you, all communication before I stopped was me to her (my need to understand.) I have also told her that I know who and what she is so there would be no way she could recycle me. All the better though, nothing good came from our time together and most certainly nothing good would come from any recycle attempts. Some things are better left dead and buried.

Same thing for me.

And I actually opened her eyes to that she have BPD. She accepted it right away and even seemed relived.

I offered her my help and she desperatly and greatfully grabbed it, for a few days.

Then she went back into denial... .  

And when I got tired of trying to help someone who didn't want it I finally stopped, and I called her out on her lies and her cheating.

Then she just raged, painted me black, slandered me to everyone and discarded me like I was nothing.

Without even an explanation or even an "I'm sorry"... .  

She just went on with other guys, and I haven't heard a word from her since, three months ago.

So I guess everyone doesn't get recycled.

Maybe we were painted too black, or maybe it's because we know too much.

Doesn't matter, we are probably very lucky... .  
jdcthunder14

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »

No I don't think everyone does. There is a lot on these boards about "they" and "them" as if "they" are somehow robots who all have the same behaviors and every situation is the same, obviously they aren't. Relationships are all different with different dynamics etc. For my ex, she has moved on to a new man, is having a kid, has a new family because of the child and really will never have a NEED for me again, which I think is a big part of recycling. It helps me knowing that I am not the only one... .  a long line (probably many more that I do not know about) of guys that have been in and out of her life so I don't take it personally.

As for lucky, I couldn’t agree more. I had my days when I was sitting in my apartment alone wishing for everything to be the way it was before, to get her back. But even during my darkest moments logic didn’t fail me. Since my ex replaced me by cheating I started to think about the reality of what I wanted back. If by some miracle she showed up at my door, what then? She wasn’t even admitting to cheating at that point so how was trust ever going to be restored? That and a thousand other things that would need to be fixed… and then it hits you, why would I want to be in a relationship that needs so much fixing?   

turtle
Retired Staff

Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:15 AM »

But I believe that my friend will never contact me because he doesn't have a reason for me anymore and I know what he is about and he knows I know.  So, I am probably out of the woods then, yes?

Your thoughts?

Well... .  five months isn't a very long time. I still get contacted after eleven years. When something happens in your friend's life that he cannot handle, he may feel that you can, and will, fill that need.  

However... .  we are "out of the woods" when we have healed to the point where contact or a recycle attempt isn't something that scares us or makes us feel vulnerable.

There is a lot on these boards about "they" and "them" as if "they" are somehow robots who all have the same behaviors and every situation is the same, obviously they aren't. Relationships are all different with different dynamics etc.

This is an important distinction.  We all come to the boards looking through the glasses of OUR experiences and in the beginning, as we're reading so many stories that sound so familiar, we start to think that every single thing applies to every single person.  It doesn't.  Every situation is different.

Excerpt
As for lucky, I couldn’t agree more. I had my days when I was sitting in my apartment alone wishing for everything to be the way it was before, to get her back. But even during my darkest moments logic didn’t fail me. Since my ex replaced me by cheating I started to think about the reality of what I wanted back. If by some miracle she showed up at my door, what then? She wasn’t even admitting to cheating at that point so how was trust ever going to be restored? That and a thousand other things that would need to be fixed… and then it hits you, why would I want to be in a relationship that needs so much fixing?    

So true.  And why be in a relationship that CANNOT be fixed.

turtle

Clearmind
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »

I don’t know if you are out of the ‘woods’ so to speak. Sheepdog I’m a little confused by your post.

What is it you want from your friend? What would you do in these scenarios?

1. He called you and you recognize his number – would you answer it? If you did – what would you say? If you didn’t – how would you feel?

2. He called you, you didn’t recognize his number and you answered it – what you do/say and how do you think you would feel deep down?

3. He doesn’t ever call you again?

sheepdog

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »

Same thing for me.

And I actually opened her eyes to that she have BPD. She accepted it right away and even seemed relived.

I had told him years ago that I thought he may have this, back when I really knew nothing about it.  But no, that isn't what happened here.  We didn't end because I told him that I saw through him... .  I think that was something that he felt.

No I don't think everyone does. There is a lot on these boards about "they" and "them" as if "they" are somehow robots who all have the same behaviors and every situation is the same, obviously they aren't. Relationships are all different with different dynamics etc. For my ex, she has moved on to a new man, is having a kid, has a new family because of the child and really will never have a NEED for me again, which I think is a big part of recycling.

Hi Thyrsos, I didn't mean to imply or lump all borderlines together.  However, my therapist contstantly tells me that this and this and this are part of the pathology.  Just like us nons - we're not all the same but I bet we have similarities as to why we stayed in an unsafe environment.

But I believe that my friend will never contact me because he doesn't have a reason for me anymore and I know what he is about and he knows I know.  So, I am probably out of the woods then, yes?

Your thoughts?

Well... .  five months isn't a very long time. I still get contacted after eleven years. When something happens in your friend's life that he cannot handle, he may feel that you can, and will, fill that need. 

However... .  we are "out of the woods" when we have healed to the point where contact or a recycle attempt isn't something that scares us or makes us feel vulnerable.

There is a lot on these boards about "they" and "them" as if "they" are somehow robots who all have the same behaviors and every situation is the same, obviously they aren't. Relationships are all different with different dynamics etc.

This is an important distinction.  We all come to the boards looking through the glasses of OUR experiences and in the beginning, as we're reading so many stories that sound so familiar, we start to think that every single thing applies to every single person.  It doesn't.  Every situation is different.

Excerpt

So true.  And why be in a relationship that CANNOT be fixed.

turtle

Hi Turtle, I loved what you wrote above:  "However... .  we are "out of the woods" when we have healed to the point where contact or a recycle attempt isn't something that scares us or makes us feel vulnerable."  It really struck me.

As far as lumping together, please read my response above to Thyrsos.

And, I honestly was not asking with this question for feedback on whether to have him in my life again.  I was just curious as to why some are recycled and some are not and was just throwing a theory out there.

I don’t know if you are out of the ‘woods’ so to speak. Sheepdog I’m a little confused by your post.

1. He called you and you recognize his number – would you answer it? If you did – what would you say? If you didn’t – how would you feel?

2. He called you, you didn’t recognize his number and you answered it – what you do/say and how do you think you would feel deep down?

Hi Clearmind.  I don't want anything from my friend.

It was a question that my therapist brought to me.  He lives about 7 minutes away from me and I have NEVER run into him.  It made me feel kind of good.  But then she asked me what I would do if I did and that I better have a plan.

Also, someone very close to me passed away three weeks ago and he knew I loved her so very much so I didn't know if he would contact me.  And he did not but my therapist said he may have as it would be a way for him to 'get back in.'  As he didn't contact me, I think now I won't be contacted.
Thyrsos

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:03 PM »

Same thing for me.

I had told him years ago that I thought he may have this, back when I really knew nothing about it.  But no, that isn't what happened here.  We didn't end because I told him that I saw through him... .  I think that was something that he felt.

No I don't think everyone does. There is a lot on these boards about "they" and "them" as if "they" are somehow robots who all have the same behaviors and every situation is the same, obviously they aren't. Relationships are all different with different dynamics etc. For my ex, she has moved on to a new man, is having a kid, has a new family because of the child and really will never have a NEED for me again, which I think is a big part of recycling.

Hi Thyrsos, I didn't mean to imply or lump all borderlines together.  However, my therapist contstantly tells me that this and this and this are part of the pathology.  Just like us nons - we're not all the same but I bet we have similarities as to why we stayed in an unsafe environment.

Your thoughts?

This is an important distinction.  We all come to the boards looking through the glasses of OUR experiences and in the beginning, as we're reading so many stories that sound so familiar, we start to think that every single thing applies to every single person.  It doesn't.  Every situation is different.

Excerpt

So true.  And why be in a relationship that CANNOT be fixed.

turtle

Hi Turtle, I loved what you wrote above:  "However... .  we are "out of the woods" when we have healed to the point where contact or a recycle attempt isn't something that scares us or makes us feel vulnerable."  It really struck me.

As far as lumping together, please read my response above to Thyrsos.

And, I honestly was not asking with this question for feedback on whether to have him in my life again.  I was just curious as to why some are recycled and some are not and was just throwing a theory out there.

Hi Clearmind.  I don't want anything from my friend.

It was a question that my therapist brought to me.  He lives about 7 minutes away from me and I have NEVER run into him.  It made me feel kind of good.  But then she asked me what I would do if I did and that I better have a plan.

Also, someone very close to me passed away three weeks ago and he knew I loved her so very much so I didn't know if he would contact me.  And he did not but my therapist said he may have as it would be a way for him to 'get back in.'  As he didn't contact me, I think now I won't be contacted.

Hi sheepdog, I'm a sheepdog too.

I think you mixed up what I wrote with what someone else wrote.

I agree that they have a pattern.

And I also hear all the time that us nons get recycled. But I don't think I ever will be.

ExBPD painted me too black, and she had no need for me anymore. I'm too uncomfortable to exist in her world, since she has got everybody else fooled.

She knows that I know, and she told me that no one ever questioned her like I did.

She lies to and cheats the whole world and said that no one ever got as close as I did.

I saw through her, and she can't stand that.

Hurts like hell somedays, not to be able to bee with her and help her. I know how she suffers.

But to be with her would cost me my own sanity, and I won't stand for lying and cheating.

So, that's why I feel kind of lucky she won't recycle me.
sheepdog

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »

I feel lucky, too.

Clearmind asked me some really good questions that I have been mulling over.

Have you thought of those questions and feel at peace with them?
freshlySane

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

My exBPDgf assaulted her ex girlfriend was arrested twice and ran back to her on many occasions she painted her pretty black. she attacked me and i pushed her of me she called the cops i got arrested she smeared me all over town when all i wanted her away from me she painted me black and she gone but here track record i don't think for good and i figured her out early when she was raging on me i told her WHO THE F*** WOULD WANT TO BE WITH HER" after a night of confusion and her belittling me  She is gone but she is so dysfunctional who knows every case is different and we cant predict an unpredictable person NC is for you not them.
freshlySane

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »

and she almost lost her kids when she arrested all those times and still ran back to her ex so it depends the recycle to capture you and those feelings you had for them to get that control again to have some control of them
bb12

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »

Hey Sheepdog

Yes - I would say you're in the clear

From what I now understand BPD to be, their focus on self means that we are largely out of the picture when supply and especially romantic supply has been replaced, then their link to us is tenuous at best. Memories fleeting.

Adding to this is the fact that there must be a 'use' for us. They do not maintain r/s for reasons like affinity, or thinking we are nice people. There must be a use... .  a reason to call.

The only exception to this is when the Primary / Secondary supply lines are blurred.

Strangely, a romantic r/ship is actually secondary supply. Only sourced when primary is running low (family, friends etc.)

So if your ex can not get the validation he needs from regular, non-sexual, day-to-day sources of supply, you might get a call. But at this time he will go to his "collection" so you may not necessarily be the first point of call.

Have said all of this, if he knows the jig is up and that you are onto him and his illness... .  his false self... .  then you will not be contacted.

I am NC for 12 months but still wonder how my exBPD's mind works... .  and where he has me in his estimations.

In my gut though, I know he does not think of me at all. A year is a long time in the mind of an emotional toddler. They live too much in the moment, so we are a long, long time ago very quickly.

BB12

j4c

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:33 AM »

I am NC for 12 months but still wonder how my exBPD's mind works... .  and where he has me in his estimations.

In my gut though, I know he does not think of me at all. A year is a long time in the mind of an emotional toddler. They live too much in the moment, so we are a long, long time ago very quickly.

BB12

How sad but very true BB12. And because this is how they react when a r/s breaks down, this is how they expect everyone else to react. My ex couldnt get her head round it when my friend told her 3 months after we'd split that i was still hurting. She looked at him in complete disbelief!

The longer you stay NC from your pwBPD the clearer it becomes how warped and distorted their thinking is. Its a long drawn out process but its a neccessity in our healing.
jdcthunder14

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 07:20:54 AM »

How sad but very true BB12. And because this is how they react when a r/s breaks down, this is how they expect everyone else to react. My ex couldnt get her head round it when my friend told her 3 months after we'd split that i was still hurting. She looked at him in complete disbelief!

The longer you stay NC from your pwBPD the clearer it becomes how warped and distorted their thinking is. Its a long drawn out process but its a neccessity in our healing.

Just to give one more example of just how quickly things change. Mine, had setup a replacement, I had caught her and was planning on moving out. While I was planning the steps to move out she mentioned that maybe we could be room mates so that I didn't have to move out. This is the same woman that had told me she loved me just days earlier... .  now I was nothing but room mate material to her. When they flip the switch about how they feel it happens real real quick.
j4c

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 07:44:26 AM »

It seemed to happen overnight for me when i was painted black but was it really that abrupt? I think she'd been detatching from me for 3 or 4 weeks before the final break-up but it was all below the surface so i had no idea we were nearing the end!
jdcthunder14

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »

It seemed to happen overnight for me when i was painted black but was it really that abrupt? I think she'd been detatching from me for 3 or 4 weeks before the final break-up but it was all below the surface so i had no idea we were nearing the end!

Oh for me there was no question that it was in HER mind long before I knew about it. As part of my "catching" her I found out she had a little and quite silly 3 day facebook-email fling a couple months before the final replacement happened. The funny part of it was that the "I love you's" were still flowing all during that time. Now certainly the "I love You's" weren't real, not the way most would define love, but I still wonder today if in HER mind she meant those or whether they were just place holders to keep the peace. Or maybe she says "I love you" to people the same way you and I would say hello, because she has no real understanding of what love is.
sheepdog

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »

Thank you everyone.

Looks like there are mixed opinions.

At six months, I'm banking on being in the clear... .      
OTH
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Single

It's not too late to make better choices

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »

You can't know for sure. You can run into your ex. She might be reminded of you during a down time. She might go through a rough patch and reach out to you. Their lives can be quite chaotic. It is usually need based on their end on how they will respond. I have had several periods of communication with my ex. When she is doing well she hates my guts. When she is having problems she is nicer to me. When she fell apart she loved me again and tried to recycle me. I was in a position to know what was going on at the time so I didn't answer the call. You can't control her. You can only control you.  Idea

Mary Oliver:  Someone I loved gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift

daintrovert13

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »

You can't know for sure. You can run into your ex. She might be reminded of you during a down time. She might go through a rough patch and reach out to you. Their lives can be quite chaotic. It is usually need based on their end on how they will respond. I have had several periods of communication with my ex. When she is doing well she hates my guts. When she is having problems she is nicer to me. When she fell apart she loved me again and tried to recycle me. I was in a position to know what was going on at the time so I didn't answer the call. You can't control her. You can only control you.  Idea

Sounds just about right. I no longer get angry at the situation. It's quite funny now if you ask me. The other day she caught an attitude because I ignored her 3x's. But, per her request she ask that we not talk about anything ever again. I'm sure I'm currently painted black again. But at this point in my acceptance stage I no longer care. *shrugs*

turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:27 AM »

sheepdog  

I haven't been "in the clear" for eleven years.  

The fact that he still attempts contact used to really get to me.  Now... .  I am at a place in my own inner self where he can try if he wants, but that just doesn't affect me anymore.  My life goes on either way.  I go on about my business just the same.

He is a violent man, so there are certain precautions that will always exist for me... .  but I have finally made peace with that too.

You will "be in the clear" - not when you don't hear from him anymore, but when it just doesn't matter if you do or don't.  You'll get there!

turtle

ricky rick

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »

Hey turtle,

Doe he still try to contact you even after 11 years? Even if you do ignore him?

Just curious.
mitti

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up no contact 100% detached

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »

Not really sure if I have understood if the question is about NC or about recycling, and didnt read all the posts either 't sorry if my response seems unrelated.

When it comes to NC sometimes it is just a way for them to leave the r/s. Many pwBPD don't feel the need to let you know they no longer want to be with you, because basically they lack when it comes to understanding and considering the needs of others, especially those that are the closest to them. My ex would often give me silent treatment as punishment for something. Sometimes he would break up with me but be flabbergasted when I took that to mean he broke up with me. He would just come back to the r/s as if nothing had happened. But 2 years ago when he wanted out he just went from being sweet and loving to refusing any type of contact at all and be furious that this wasn't enough for me. He had no wish to ever see me again. We did get back together after 7 months though but that was nothing that he had planned or ever even thought of.

So with that in mind I am not sure they deliberately keep collections of people for when they need them. I don't think they plan to recycle anybody per say. But as their emotions keep shifting back and forth they may paint somebody black, be decided to never have anything more to do with them and a few months down line feel completely differently towards that person. Not all BPDs recycle either.
turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:28 AM »

Hey turtle,

Doe he still try to contact you even after 11 years? Even if you do ignore him?

Just curious.

Yes... .  ricky rick.  He still leaves ridiculous messages on my work v/m -- sometimes, they're nasty, sometimes they're nice.  This has gone on for years!

Right around the first of the year, he actually called during business hours and I just happened to answer the phone.  Anyway... .  this was the first time I'd actually spoken to him in many, many, many years.  And I can tell you that after eleven years, NOTHING has changed for him. NOTHING.  He is just as unstable as he was eleven years ago.

turtle

ricky rick

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

Turtle,

Im Shocked! I mean, its gotta be tough in a sense. Its almost like harassment. Guess I have someting to look forward to for the rest of my life. LOL!
turtle
Retired Staff

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »

Turtle,

Im Shocked! I mean, its gotta be tough in a sense. Its almost like harassment. Guess I have someting to look forward to for the rest of my life. LOL!

Well... .  he stalked me for a very long time.  Tried to have him prosecuted for it, but they could never find him. 

And no... .  I don't think you have to look forward to it for the rest of your life. Eventually, it just becomes like an unwanted sales call during dinner.  It interrupts you VERY briefly, but then you just get back to enjoying your pizza  Smiling (click to insert in post)

ricky rick

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 10:20:26 AM »

Turtle,

LoL! you have a great personality. You made me laugh. Im just looking at it from a perspective of that you can never predict crazy. I dont put all BPD to this catigory, Just mine.
sheepdog

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 01:08:06 PM »

sheepdog  

I haven't been "in the clear" for eleven years.  

The fact that he still attempts contact used to really get to me.  Now... .  I am at a place in my own inner self where he can try if he wants, but that just doesn't affect me anymore.  My life goes on either way.  I go on about my business just the same.

He is a violent man, so there are certain precautions that will always exist for me... .  but I have finally made peace with that too.

You will "be in the clear" - not when you don't hear from him anymore, but when it just doesn't matter if you do or don't.  You'll get there!

turtle

Yikes turtle!  He is definitely stalking you!

But I don't feel I have to worry because there have been NO attempts.  He hasn't bugged or contacted me once.
mosaicbird

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 06:17:32 PM »

So with that in mind I am not sure they deliberately keep collections of people for when they need them. I don't think they plan to recycle anybody per say.

Obviously I can't speak for all of them, but I will say that my ex did/does deliberately keep collections of people, and in a crisis (when all of her current "people" have been painted black or driven off or failed her or whatever), will deliberately seek new ones out for her collection, or go back to old ones if she thinks they'll respond.

Iced

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »

Also not speaking for the pwBPD, but in my experience:

My fwBPD had a bunch of friends they circled and cycled through.  If something went poorly with one, they moved on to the other and in the process spent some time badmouthing the previous friend and blaming them for X, Y, and Z.  If, for some reason, they ran dry in terms of having people who would give their sympathy and listen to the badmouthing and agree that yes, those people were horrible, they would cycle back to the very people they had just decreed unfit for friendship.

At the earlier stages of my friendship, being that we didn't fully share the same social circles and being that I disliked poking my nose where it didn't belong, I more or less took my friend's commentary about their friends at face value.

It wasn't until it was my turn to be the one cycled through and their friends (mutual friends and otherwise) got in touch with me that I realized that they were badmouthing me in the same manner while at the same time doing the whole, "You're a monster!" bit to me directly.

After a while, their 'friends' concluded the same that I did and initiated NC (I had already been NC for a few months, maybe almost a year)... .  and wouldn't you know that that was exactly when they chose to come back to me.

"Though I hate you, please come BAAACK!" to a T and to this date, years later, they still chase after me and still stalk me.

So yes.  In my experience, cycling and recycling.

Unfortunately, this makes it very difficult to break - fully and absolutely break any and all cycles of stalking if the BPD person gets into such a mode.

Where actions can be punished, the stalking mentality itself can't be unless the pwBPD is self-aware and is willing to work through things.
mosaicbird

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:48 PM »

If something went poorly with one, they moved on to the other and in the process spent some time badmouthing the previous friend and blaming them for X, Y, and Z.  If, for some reason, they ran dry in terms of having people who would give their sympathy and listen to the badmouthing and agree that yes, those people were horrible, they would cycle back to the very people they had just decreed unfit for friendship.

This x1000! This was always one of the most difficult things for me to try to reconcile - I knew she was capable of smearing people in terrible ways, was outright stunned at the things she would say about her "friends"... .  and yet, when I had asked if she did the same about me behind my back, would say, "No, never!" BS. I've always operated under the assumption that if someone can treat one person a certain way, they can do it to everyone. And that proved true in the end. Live and learn! Thinking you're special and immune to their behaviors is an easy trap to fall into.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest