Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 05:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Poll
Question: Which schema's did you test highest for?
Vulnerable Child - 58 (13.5%)
Angry child   - 20 (4.7%)
Enraged Child   - 8 (1.9%)
Impulsive Child - 8 (1.9%)
Undisciplined Child - 17 (4%)
Happy Child - 60 (14%)
Compliant Surrender - 49 (11.4%)
Detached Protector   - 17 (4%)
Detached Self-Soother - 23 (5.4%)
Self-Aggrandiser - 10 (2.3%)
Bully and Attack           - 1 (0.2%)
Punitive Parent   - 13 (3%)
Demanding Parent - 58 (13.5%)
Healthy Adult   - 87 (20.3%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SELF ASSESSMENT | Schema Inventory  (Read 6701 times)
BPDFamily
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 31, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

The test contains 135 questions. By clicking here you will download
an excel spreadsheet from  bpdfamily's secure server. Please copy
your score
into this thread!

INNATE CHILD MODES
1.  Vulnerable Child:  feels lonely, isolated, sad, misunderstood, unsupported, defective, deprived, overwhelmed, incompetent, doubts self, needy, helpless, hopeless, frightened, anxious, worried, victimized, worthless, unloved, unlovable, lost, directionless, fragile, weak, defeated, oppressed, powerless, left out, excluded, pessimistic

2.  Angry Child : feels intensely angry, enraged, infuriated, frustrated, impatient because the core emotional (or physical) needs of the vulnerable child are not being met

3.  Impulsive or Undisciplined Child : acts on non-core desires or impulses in a selfish or uncontrolled manner to get his or her own way and often has difficulty delaying short-term gratification; often feels intensely angry, enraged, infuriated, frustrated, impatient when these non-core desires or impulses cannot be met, may appear “spoiled”

4.  Happy / Contented Child : feels loved, contented, connected, satisfied, fulfilled, protected, accepted, praised, worthwhile, nurtured, guided, understood, validated, self-confident, competent, appropriately autonomous or self-reliant, safe, resilient, strong, in control, adaptable, included, optimistic, spontaneous

MALADAPTIVE COPING MODES

5.  Compliant Surrenderer : acts in a passive, subservient, submissive, approval-seeking, or self-deprecating way around others out of fear of conflict or rejection; tolerates abuse and/or bad treatment; does not express healthy needs or desires to others; selects people or engages in other behavior that directly maintains the self-defeating schema-driven pattern

6.  Detached Protector : cuts off needs and feelings; detaches emotionally from people and rejects their help; feels withdrawn, spacey, distracted, disconnected, depersonalized, empty or bored; pursues distracting,  self-soothing,  or self-stimulating activities in a compulsive way or to excess; may adopt a cynical, aloof  or pessimistic stance to avoid investing in people or activities

7.  Overcompensator : feels and behaves in an inordinately grandiose, aggressive, dominant, competitive, arrogant, haughty, condescending, devaluing, overcontrolled, controlling, rebellious, manipulative, exploitative, attention-seeking, or status-seeking way. These feelings or behaviors must originally have developed to compensate for or gratify unmet core needs

MALADAPTIVE PARENT MODES

8.  Punitive Parent : feels that oneself or others deserves punishment or blame and often acts on these feelings by being blaming, punishing, or abusive towards self (e.g., self-mutilation) or others.  This mode refers to the style with which rules are enforced rather than the nature of the rules.

9.  Demanding / Critical Parent :  feels that the “right” way to be is to be perfect or achieve at a very high level, to keep everything in order, to strive for high status, to be humble, to put others needs before one's own or to be efficient or avoid wasting time; or the person feels that it is wrong to express feelings or to act spontaneously.  This mode refers to the nature of the internalized high standards and strict rules, rather than the style with which these rules are enforced; these rules are not compensatory in their function.

HEALTHY ADULT MODE

10.  Healthy Adult :  nurtures, validates and affirms the vulnerable child mode; sets limits for the angry and impulsive child modes; promotes and supports the healthy child mode; combats and eventually replaces the maladaptive coping modes; neutralizes or moderates the maladaptive parent modes.  This mode also performs appropriate adult functions such as working, parenting, taking responsibility, and committing; pursues pleasurable adult activities such as sex; intellectual, esthetic, and cultural  interests; health maintenance; and athletic activities.

See list of all self-assessment surveys
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:44:19 PM by Harri » Logged

Want2know
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »

Very interesting... . I just took the test.  Above (first post) is a link where you can take it, and have the results automatically calculated and formatted as a messageboard table like this:

Mode
----------------------------------
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--

Tendency refers to the schema frameworks by which I may function.
Average is the mean of the numerical answers that I provided for each schema mode (rated from 1-6).
4+ is the number of the answers of 4 or higher that I provided for each schema mode.
"Above norm" compared to general population is greater than 1 standard deviation from the mean (average) -
in other words, statistically higher than the general population.

On a personal note, I can see where the Demanding Parent aspect comes from within myself.  I do tend to feel this way, at times, and feel that it probably stems from how my parents were, expecting the best and having high standards, which I don't think is necessarily a bad thing, sometimes.  It's when it create stress or gets in the way of normal functioning that it can be a hindrance.

“The path to heaven doesn't lie down in flat miles. It's in the imagination with which you perceive this world, and the gestures with which you honor it." ~ Mary Oliver
livednlearned
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »

I'm curious about the schema stuff, and nerdy enough to want to analyze my data  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
It's so fascinating to me that you recreated such a mirror image of your childhood through your r/s with your BPD. The same thing happened to me. I managed to pick someone who was an exact blend of my brother/father, all rolled into one. Right down to fear of coming home, trying desperately to have things to do outside the home so I didn't have to be around him. It's uncanny how much I recreated the same psychological and emotional conditions of my childhood, despite picking someone who seemed so different.

Breathe.
nolisan

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »

I did a schema test and found the results interesting. One of the big gifts of my 1 year with the BPDex was to get me to look at my adult child stuff (and codependency - they go together).

I did the test twice - on of who I was before and am getting back to and second who I was in the relationship. The "nobrainer": it was a very bad/unhealthy place for me to be!

For those of you that are statistically inclined, I took my scores, then subtracted the mean of "healthy" and then divided it by the standard deviation.  I didn't use the auto-calculator.

Simply put any score greater than 1 or less than -1 is an area that I need to look at.

Schema Mode
-------------------------------- 
Vulnerable Child         
Angry child       
Enraged Child       
Impulsive Child       
Undisciplined Child   
Happy Child   
Compliant Surrender 
Detached Protector   
Detached Self-Soother   
Self-Aggrandiser
Bully and Attack         
Punitive Parent       
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult
Me
-------
In R/S
---------

My core "me" child traits of interest are vulnerable/lonely  and angry child. That makes sense.
I was an only child whose dad left for work on the road each Monday and my mom used to threaten to leave me as punishment or control. The result is a strong sensitivity to abandonment feelings.
My mom was a perfectionist and very concerned with image - she needed me to be a perfect child. I tried to be and feel I suppressed natural urges to be "less than perfect". I was a very "grown up" child and missed playing as a kid. (I still have trouble playing). While I truly believe both my parents really loved me they didn't know how to express it to me (stiff Scottish/Irish background). I feel that fed an unexpressed anger - somewhere inside me I knew I wasn't getting something I needed. I recall resenting that I was an only child.
These missings were extremely amplified in the r/s. The ex would "split" and abandon me every week or two. That threw me into an emotional pit. I see now that it wasn't so much her behavior but the childhood memories it triggered. I thought she was deliberately trying to be mean to me - she knew I had abandonment issues. Not a healthy dynamic. My inner child was not a happy camper!
As an adult I have a strong punitive/critical parent. That comes from me trying to be perfect as a child and not getting (or deserving) the love I needed. Again that was amplified in the r/s. She had become my mother (very similar traits although the ex's were far more extreme). I see now that is what attracted me to her.
Another point of interest is my Compliant Surrender score especially in the r/s. I abandoned myself to comply with and keep the ex's "love". Also the Detached Self-Soother   reminds me that I developed hobbies as a kid to sooth myself and then addictions as an adult.
This has been really insightful work. I discussed this with my T last day and we are going to work on it. I am also working ACA to develop my loving parent and our connection to a loving higher power. The HP's love is unconditional and will never abandon us. As a loving parent I can reassure my wonderful wounded little guy. He's a great kid and deserves all the love he needs.
Any comments?
nolisan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »

Many thanks to you at BPD Family for taking the time to turn this into a easy to use tool. It is cool when people take something and make some better of it. I thank the source on the BPD Family board where I found it - I forget who posted it but thanks.
Personally I found this schema test very illuminating. It quickly shows me my "core issues". I am working ACoA and CoDA but am more of a "numbers guy" than writing.
I see now that my vulnerabilities were exactly that attracted me to the ex. She had many of my mom's traits but much more exaggerated - our interaction totally set my wounds on fire!
And that's a good thing - they came to the surface. Now I see them and I can work on them. A great Benefit of the r/s. Thank you dear ex - I couldn't have done this without you.
OMG! Did I just say thanks. I must be getting better!
VeryFree
Formerly known as 'VeryScared' and 'ABitAnnoyed'

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »

I'm trying to interpret my score:
Above average on the vulnerable and angry child-scheme. I understand that one. Looking back I was a lonely kid: had loving parents, which trusted me enormously. Because of that I got used to take on responsibilities and to solve my own problems. Looking back too much I think, because I never really got pointed the right direction, never really was validated (no complaining meant things were good), never was stimulated (wasn't necessary).
From that the above norm compliant surrender, detached protector and self-soother seem logical. Never ask another one for help, try to help yourself, don't bother another, meanwhile trying to have a high standard (demanding parent).
Probably a lot of issues, but the high score on the healthy adult-scheme keeps things in control.
Am I seeing this correctly?

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
Mod
Mod
--
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
Above norm
--
--
--
--
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--

Average is the mean of the numerical answers that I provided for each schema mode (rated from 1-6).
4+ is the number of the answers of 4 or higher that I provided for each schema mode.
"Above norm" is greater than 1 standard deviation from the mean (average) - stronger tendencies than the general population.

livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 04:17:20 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm

"Above norm" is greater than 1 standard deviation from the mean (average) - stronger tendencies than the general population.

Wow. This made me so emotional... . and it explains something I've been going through with the codependent stuff. I've been having an inner argument about being codependent, because I know I must be if I married an alcoholic pwBPD and stayed for 10 years. But sometimes I wondered if codependence is more like a spiritual thing that you work through, rather than it being something you are. I never thought I'd ever take a test that told me I was healthy. To have gone through this awful marriage and awful divorce, and to finally be in a good place, it just feels so emotional. I guess having a test say it just feels so validating  Smiling (click to insert in post)
A test shouldn't make me feel confident about the new r/s I'm in, but in a weird way, it does. Maybe it's really time for me to trust myself. 

Breathe.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »

I don't understand how this connects to the Lonely Child schema, though. Does anyone know? It isn't even an option here. I often see it mentioned on bpdfamily.com boards, and thought it was part of Jeffrey Young's work on Schema Therapy.

Breathe.
nolisan

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »

Lonely and vulnerable are the same thing
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »

I don't understand how this connects to the Lonely Child schema, though. Does anyone know? It isn't even an option here. I often see it mentioned on bpdfamily.com boards, and thought it was part of Jeffrey Young's work on Schema Therapy.

We all have a lot to learn and it's great that we have members will to take this on.
We had one member do a very good job of characterizing the Lonely Child mode - and that has opened a lot of eyes - a good thing - it's the reason that many are interested in Schema.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
The downside, however, is that this one packet of data came without context - specifically that a person often operates between several modes.  For example, Lonely Child is most often discussed in terms of a triad of modes - Lonely Child, Self Aggrandizer, and Detached Self Soother - three modes a person bounces between to cope with life.  Understanding this dynamic is a first step to unraveling it.
As a aside, technically, there are three "Vulnerable Child" subsets:
Lonely Child Feels like a lonely child that is valued only insofaras (s)he can aggrandise his/her parents. Because the most important emotional needs of the child have generally not been met, the patient usually feels empty, alone, socially unacceptable, undeserving of love, unloved and unlovable.
Abandoned and Abused Child Feels the enormous emotional pain and fear of abandonment, which has a direct link with the abuse history. Has the affect of a lost child: sad, frightened, vulnerable, defenceless, hopeless, needy, victimised, worthless and lost. Patients appear fragile and childlike. They feel helpless and utterly alone and are obsessed with finding a parent figure who will take care of them. Humiliated/Inferior Child. A subtype of the Abandoned and Abused Child mode, in which patients experience humiliation and inferiority related to childhood experiences within and outside the family.
Dependent Child Feels incapable and overwhelmed by adult responsibilities. Shows strong regressive tendencies and wants to be taken care of. Related to the lack of development of autonomy and self-reliance, often caused by authoritarian upbringing.
www.schematherapysouthafrica.co.za/downloads/A%20list%20of%20schema%20modes.pdf

livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »

Thanks Skip.
If I had taken the test prior to my marriage/divorce with N/BPDxh, it would be a completely different profile. And when I read the modes in the pdf link you sent, I can identify with the behaviors. I think they are, to some extent, in all of us? The problem is when we are driven by them to the point of dysfunction.

Breathe.
mango_flower

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
Mod
--
--
Mod
High
High
High
--
High
High
--
Mod
Mod
Mod

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
Above norm
Above norm
--
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
--
Above norm
--
--

Ok! I will come back and think about analysing this tomorrow... . my brain is smooshed right now.

Matt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

Murbay

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 08:03:07 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
Mod

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--

I can relate to quite a lot of where the schema puts me. My childhood wasn't the greatest but there is nobody to blame for that. I know my mother tried her best but as I mentioned in a previous post, I was forced to give up my childhood at a very early age to take care of my sister. The up side of that is that I learned to self soothe and take care of my own issues but it also makes me reluctant to ask for help when I'm struggling with something.
It's ironic because my mother was in the very same position I was as a child and today she resents her sister and blames her for missing out on her dreams. On the other hand, as a child, I did hold that resentment towards my sister but as adults, I will go to her before I go to my own mother.
Through my T, I discovered the same thing as Nolisan, my ex had all the same traits as my mother, even right down to the same job (teaching children with learning disabilities) and even had the same illness too. I never knew these things about my ex until sometime into the relationship but it explains why things felt familiar. The funny thing too, my ex didn't like my mother and my mother didn't like my ex, they both said the other was too controlling. Very funny looking at that now, how they mirrored each other and dislike the same qualities they both have.
One major issue I do have is that my mother feels the guilt for my childhood and she does control but she knows she can't come through me so she goes behind my back. Imagine having your gf be told by your mother that you don't like being hugged or that you aren't an affectionate person when in truth you are. Oh the joys and plenty of different therapy ahead  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)
nolisan

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »

I don't really understand what this all means.
Is there somewhere that describes it?

Take a look at the earlier post - each "modes" traits are listed.
I'm no expert, just now reading up on the subject. The Wiki article looks good: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schema_Therapy
One thing that caught my eye is that Schema Therapy is good for BPD (and, it seems me, to be us Nons also)
Iced

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »

... . How do you take the test?
The link that goes to the Excel document opens up an instructions page and nothing else. 
Murbay

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »

Iced, there are 4 tabs along the bottom, the tab next to intro is the test, then you have the calculations and finally the sheet to copy and paste.
livednlearned
Retired Staff

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »

I don't really understand what this all means.
Is there somewhere that describes it?

In addition to the Schema Therapy website: www.schematherapy.com/,  and the stuff on Wikipedia, Skip also posted this .pdf -- it explains what the different modes are about: www.schematherapysouthafrica.co.za/downloads/A%20list%20of%20schema%20modes.pdf
It seems like it was initially developed to help clinicians work with pwBPD? Maybe it's useful for nons who want to understand if our own underlying coping modes are somehow sympatico?
I know it isn't an instrument designed to measure codependence (is there such a thing?), but it is validating to see that I made it into the happy child/healthy adult modes  Smiling (click to insert in post)  Probably doesn't mean I'm out of the woods with some codependent tendencies, but it does suggest that my coping mechanisms are going to pull me through most of what life throws my way.
Thanks for making this an easy test to do, putting it in Excel like that. I wanted to take the test but was too lazy to calculate it myself and this made it much easier.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Breathe.
MaybeSo
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Together five years, ended suddenly June 2011

Players only love you when they're playing...

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »

There are explanations of maladaptive coping styles here:
www.schematherapy.com/id71.htm
Number 7 "compliant surrender" would fall under the umbrella of codependent or at it's Worse, clinical manifestation in the DSM IV,  dependent personality disorder.
Still working on taking the test... . I did it manually with number crunching and will do it again with the excel spreadsheet.
I think everyone has "parts"... . remnants of childhood adaptations we still carry, it's interesting to see what childhood coping/defenses we still fall back on as a adaptation that likely doesn't work so well for us in adulthood. My understanding is that Schema therapy helps you to strengthen those areas.

MaybeSo
Distinguished Member

Relationship status: Together five years, ended suddenly June 2011

Players only love you when they're playing...

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:20:13 AM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
Above norm
--
--

Interesting... . the one I did by hand I compared to a grid of scores for Non Patient control scores, Axis I patient scores, and Axis II patient scores.
I ranked with Axis I patients in undisciplined child, happy child, detached self soother, and punitive parent . The rest were ranked with non patient controls, and I didn't hit any Axis II patient scores.
1.  Vulnerable Child (Innate child mode):  feels lonely, isolated, sad, misunderstood, unsupported, defective, deprived, overwhelmed, incompetent, doubts self, needy, helpless, hopeless, frightened, anxious, worried, victimized, worthless, unloved, unlovable, lost, directionless, fragile, weak, defeated, oppressed, powerless, left out, excluded, pessimistic

2.  Angry Child (Innate Child Mode) : feels intensely angry, enraged, infuriated, frustrated, impatient because the core emotional (or physical) needs of the vulnerable child are not being met
6.  :)etached Protector (Maladaptive coping mode) : cuts off needs and feelings; detaches emotionally from people and rejects their help; feels withdrawn, spacey, distracted, disconnected, depersonalized, empty or bored; pursues distracting,  self-soothing,  or self-stimulating activities in a compulsive way or to excess; may adopt a cynical, aloof  or pessimistic stance to avoid investing in people or activities
8.  Punitive Parent (Maladaptive Parent mode) : feels that oneself or others deserves punishment or blame and often acts on these feelings by being blaming, punishing, or abusive towards self (e.g., self-mutilation) or others.  This mode refers to the style with which rules are enforced rather than the nature of the rules.

DreamGirl
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 02:53:47 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--

Self-aggrandizer 

"What I want is what I've not got, and what I need is all around me." ~Dave Matthews

nolisan

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »

Does this test indicate codependent traits? Yes - indirectly.
It clearly indicates Adult Child traits and proclivities. And I have heard it said that "You can't be an Adult Child without being codependent and visa versa".
goldylamont

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 02:25:17 AM »

sounds like a bunch of healthy adults in here  Smiling (click to insert in post) what do you guys make of the poll, and the test? here's mine:

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
Mod
High
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--

cult

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married, 1 year

Fears Faced Are Freedoms Won

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 01:03:14 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
High
Mod
--
High
--
--
High
--
--
High
--
High
High
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
Above norm
--
Above norm
--
--
Above norm
Above norm
--
Above norm
--
Above norm
Above norm
--

tuum est61

Relationship status: Married 10 years. Now divorced

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:46 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

123Phoebe
Staying and Undecided

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
High
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
--
Above norm
--
--
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
Above norm

cult

Relationship status: Married, 1 year

Fears Faced Are Freedoms Won

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »

Dang, I scored higher than anyone else here! Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). I actually contacted a scheme therapist locally after reading these results. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am encouraged that this might be a therapeutic route that can help me sort out my dysfunctional relationships since this definitely appears to be my issue!

tuum est61

Relationship status: Married 10 years. Now divorced

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 01:31:37 PM »

Dang, I scored higher than anyone else here! Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). I actually contacted a scheme therapist locally after reading these results. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am encouraged that this might be a therapeutic route that can help me sort out my dysfunctional relationships since this definitely appears to be my issue!

I took the test about 10 months ago and again yesterday.  I note "improvement" in my scores - I had scored high on the bully and attack mode - and that doesn't seem to be the case now.  I had also scored high on the compliant surrenderer mode - and am still showing above normal on that with this test.  
The apparent contradiction of being high on bully and attack and compliant surrenderer really got me thinking about how I handle things - which seem to be holding in my frustration and then blowing up.  I definitely am trying to deal with my feelings earlier - or at least acknowledging my wifes' - without necessarily agreeing to any actions she prescribes for ME to deal with HER feelings - which has smoothed out the peaks and valleys.  
Octoberfest

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:36 PM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
High
High
--
Mod
High
--
High
High
Mod
Mod
--
--
High
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
--
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
Above norm
--

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill
[/url]
Surnia
Retired Staff

Relationship status: 8 y married, divorced since 2012-11-22

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 12:21:32 AM »

Mode
Vulnerable child
Angry Child
Enraged Child
Impulsive Child
Undisciplined Child
Happy Child
Compliant Surrender
Detached Protector
Detached Self-Soother
Self-aggrandizer
Bully and Attack mode
Punishing Parent
Demanding Parent
Healthy Adult

Tendency
--------------
--
--
--
--
--
Mod
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
High

Avg
--------

4+
-------

Compare to GP
-------------------
Above norm
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

Interesting test.
I have to admit that I am not so familiar with Schema. Something to look closer when I have more free time eg. summer holidays  
The "happy child" is a newer thing in my life I would say. I am sure I would have scored differently on this some years ago. :-)

“Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”  Brené Brown
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Links and Information
CLINICAL INFORMATION
The Big Picture
5 Dimensions of Personality
BPD? How can I know?
Get Someone into Therapy
Treatment of BPD
Full Clinical Definition