Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 10:13:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lunch  (Read 359 times)
Cloudy Days

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« on: February 06, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »

My husband over and over again has requested that I not have lunch alone with another man. I am ok with this because it's not something I really care to do. However, every now and then there is a sales rep that comes up to my job to check in on things. This used to be a female sales rep so it wasn't a problem. They recently hired someone new and I really just cannot stand the guy. So far I have not had to have lunch with him alone because my boss was along with him. I was just informed that he is coming up and it's customary to have the lunch somewhere when the sales rep comes up.

I was trying to think of a way to tell him that I don't want to have lunch without it coming off as weird. I don't want to say anything about my husband and his issues and just kind of wanted some advice. Having lunch with another man is a guaranteed giant trigger and It's somewhat against my will because I don't really want to have lunch with him, it's just what they do when they visit. Can I just say I don't want to have lunch sorry. I feel like I need an explanation though.

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Vindi

Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »

GO WITH your gut and say you don't want to have lunch... . i think in the workplace scene, you do have choices, its not a *must* that you go to lunch... . you could skip all the lunch stuff and just have a meeting in the office or what not. I hope this goes well for you for saying no... . as for your hubby, is he a very jealous type  and would not understand if you went to lunch with a man, being business only?
Cloudy Days

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:36:48 PM »

Well, I sent an email saying I was going to skip lunch. I don't think it is a big deal that I not go out to lunch. I've went to lunch with older bosses in the past but they were twice my age so it wasn't a big deal to my husband and he also had met them and had lunch with one of them with me.

This is not quite the same because the guy is the same age as my husband, my husband is extremely jealous and I haven't really figured out how to deal with it in terms of boundaries. His biggest trigger is me cheating on him, or you know him thinking I am cheating on him and he specifically asked me not to have dinner with a man alone ever. I can talk to the sales rep at my work without having lunch with him. It's just out of the ordinary not to have lunch so I would like to have an excuse for saying no, other than my husband doesn't approve. I guess I don't need to it's just me being uncomfortable with the entire situation. I'm so shy it's not funny, and this job just pushes me to my limits so I'm always stressed out, when someone else probably wouldn't be.

It's not the future you are afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest