Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 12:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detoxing & Detaching  (Read 399 times)
LettingGo14

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 21, 2014, 02:45:24 PM »

I just sent an e-mail to BPDxgf.   This was after 4 days of NC, which had been the 4 days since I found this community.   

I feel deflated and ashamed.   I know I won't get a reply.  I wrote, "If you can talk, I'm in the office.  If not, I understand."   I feel so lame. 

Based on all I've read here, I should have posted here first.  Based upon all I've read here, I'm still in a fog.  Yet -- before I had this community, I'd spiral into shame and defeat and sadness and pain.

So, for the first time in 4 years, I'm going to pick myself up, and forgive the contact.  I'm going to believe that I'm okay, and that I will survive this.   I'm going to be an active and supportive member of bpdfamily, and I'm going to make my pledge here.   As of 3:45 pm EST on February 21, 2014, I am instituting a full-on program of NC.   

Detox begins now.  Detaching begins now.

This is the place I need to be.

Thank you all for being here.  We're in this together.

Hurtbeyondrepair27

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: single (1 month)

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »

I just sent an e-mail to BPDxgf.   This was after 4 days of NC, which had been the 4 days since I found this community.   

I feel deflated and ashamed.   I know I won't get a reply.  I wrote, "If you can talk, I'm in the office.  If not, I understand."   I feel so lame. 

Based on all I've read here, I should have posted here first.  Based upon all I've read here, I'm still in a fog.  Yet -- before I had this community, I'd spiral into shame and defeat and sadness and pain.

So, for the first time in 4 years, I'm going to pick myself up, and forgive the contact.  I'm going to believe that I'm okay, and that I will survive this.   I'm going to be an active and supportive member of bpdfamily, and I'm going to make my pledge here.   As of 3:45 pm EST on February 21, 2014, I am instituting a full-on program of NC.   

Detox begins now.  Detaching begins now.

This is the place I need to be.

Thank you all for being here.  We're in this together.

I feel you. I feel so sh**** today after he contacted me and I was pretty much forced to respond... it was 4 days for me too.

But he threatened to throw some tax info away with private information.

I thought he would apologize ... show some guilt... but he didn't.

So not only do I feel he backed me into a corner with the NC... I am

annoyed b/c he could have at least done that thing that other borderlines do...

apologize profusely... I just want the validation that he sees what he just did was so wrong.

Maybe he does feel shame... but he is hiding it... too much pride. I dunno.

But he could have thrown it away without contacting me... if he hates me so much

so dunno why he did that.

Let's do it together. Today at this time we go nc... if you need to private message me please feel free.

It's very hard... .

I mean... what are you gonna do if and when she does respond? You'll need lots of support.

I know how you feel.

Good luck

heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »

Hi LettingGo14,

It's so understandable to feel deflated about giving in, but you are not alone, we've all been there.  Please be gentle with yourself, it's normal to look for relief when we feel longing and hurt.

I'm glad you've taken the pledge!  NC is great for giving you space to get out of the fog and balance your body and mind, but detachment is the real nitty gritty.  You are okay, and you will survive this. 

We'll support you all the way.   

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
LettingGo14

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »

Thank you both.

I am very grateful for this community.  It has opened my eyes.
almosthadme

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »

Hang in there NC is a powerful tool.n pain.Keep reading and you soon will be able to predict there next move it's really very interesting.When you start to step out of the fog you realize they are not worthy of being in your life.Good luck.
mitchell16

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »

LettingGo14, dont feel bad. We have all been there. I cant count how many time I have myself. But if you can do it NC is the best. I was NC for awhile and let my guard down and started light contact. I almost was pulled back in for round... I dont know ive lost count. mine was attempting a recycle after being apart since july. I went through a week of her telling me just how much she loved me and missed me and how everything was her fault. I was on my guard because I had been there before. Then out of nowwhere she starts telling me we shouldnt be togther and then out of nowhere she starts giving me the silent treatment. If I had let mysefl, i would have been devasted. But If I had stayed NC none of that would have ever occurred. good luck these boards really do help.
Changingman

Relationship status: Daughter 15, Son 14

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »

Good man,

It's about you, no contact is about creating space for you to heal, find yourself again. It's hard but real.

All the best
almosthadme

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »

LettingGo14, dont feel bad. We have all been there. I cant count how many time I have myself. But if you can do it NC is the best. I was NC for awhile and let my guard down and started light contact. I almost was pulled back in for round... I dont know ive lost count. mine was attempting a recycle after being apart since july. I went through a week of her telling me just how much she loved me and missed me and how everything was her fault. I was on my guard because I had been there before. Then out of nowwhere she starts telling me we shouldnt be togther and then out of nowhere she starts giving me the silent treatment. If I had let mysefl, i would have been devasted. But If I had stayed NC none of that would have ever occurred. good luck these boards really do help.

Weird how pwBPD can not handle if you act like you do not care.They need to pull you in hear about how you love and care for them.Once they achieve that it's time to break you down.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest