Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 08:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube videos on BPD  (Read 689 times)
kba1969

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »

I guess I'll start by saying I'm 26 days NC.  I have been spending a lot of time researching the dissorder and spent the weekend watching videos on BPD.  My X had been sexually abused when she was a child, she has an eating dissorder and she has a very controlling mother.  I have realized that the cause of her problem might be mostly related to her relationship with her mom.  I have been doing really good but i'm feeling bad for her all of a sudden.  Her birthday is in three weeks and I am anxious about the time leading up to her birthday.  Part of me wants to acknowledge this day and the other part doesn't.  I've been wondering if she will contact me before then also.  Our relationship didn't involve anger or argument of any kind.  Just didn't happen.  She cheated on me 5 or more times and lied frequently.  We broke up many times and she always made contact again.  Feeling good about myself but kinda nervous about the next three weeks.  After watching many videos on BPD i have got a greater understanding about their thoughts and actions.  It hurts me deeply to think of her inner pain.  My T has been on vacation and I finally go again today.  Any advise would be great, I know I can't have the relationship but I am a caring person and wouldn't want to hurt her.  I kissed her for the first time on her birthday two years ago
kba1969

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 07:02:08 AM »

www.youtu.be/KGXdxtZZisE

Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »

I'm sorry, anniversaries can be triggering. Are you feeling bad because you are feeling empathy? I'm glad to hear that you have an appointment with your T today, you will probably feel better after the session and it's a good idea to bring up the researching you have done over the weekend and how you feel about it in regards to your ex.

Thanks for sharing the video  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest